Sign in to follow this  
NomadZC

Don't Starve on Steam Crash

NomadZC    10

I purchased Don't Starve on steam yesterday (11/09/12) and haven't been able to access the beta. The game will load the main menu and go through the process of loading the world, but then all I see is a black screen for a few seconds and Don't Starve closes itself. Here's my log.txt;

Starting up

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (6136)

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(93,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_sfx 1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_ambience 1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_music 0.1

Reset() returning

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(423,1) false true

SimLuaProxy::SubmitCompletedLevel()

SubmitCompletedLevel::{}

COULD NOT DELETE FILE

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(265,1) !

SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()

/inst/get - POST/{"character":"wilson","name":"Test name","size":"small"}

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set master 0

NomadZC    10

Specs are;

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor, 2600 Mhz

4.00 GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Thanks for the prompt response!

NomadZC    10

Just manually re-installed latest video driver and it seems to have fixed my problem. Sorry about wasting your time! Driver auto-update kept telling me it was up to date.

Thanks again!

Corey    267
Just manually re-installed latest video driver and it seems to have fixed my problem. Sorry about wasting your time! Driver auto-update kept telling me it was up to date.

Thanks again!

Awesome! That's not a waste of time :) Glad we got that fixed up for you. I'm going to add this thread to the list of "possible fixes" I'm making.

Sign in to follow this