On 12/11/2020 at 9:16 PM, MinhPham said:

Um ... so ... this base started before map size shrank to 256x384 ? What is it size ? 384 x 384 ?

I modified the worldgen to be 512x512.

But i started it very very long time ago.. i didn't have space biome, i had to poke a hole on the neutronium ceiling with devmode ._.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:52 PM, nakomaru said:

That's an enormous map. I shudder at the thought of the fps on that.

It was around 15-20 fps xD

But the stuttering is the worst thing.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, OxCD said:

10000 cycles spent and you didn't even raze the whole map, you didn't even industrialize everything and build everywhere.

This is the most impressive by far. And this is what I call a greenie exploit.

Yes, i wanted to keep the world as pristine as i could. there are even unopened biomes.

I wanted to post a small video, but it came out too big. And the image itself is too big to even post here or other popular image hosting sites aaand... Mediafire sucks at posting images =/

On 12/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, melquiades said:

i didn't have space, i had to poke a hole on the neutronium ceiling with devmode ._.

there are even unopened biomes.

See I can think of a way to get more space without devmode...

Anyway, question: where do you guys get all your oxygen from? I never have enough to even oxidise my living quarters; all water on the map gets swiftly electrolysed, all salt on the map gets swiftly rust-oxidised, and in the lategame my dupes are constantly running over to the air vents to suck at the few pufts of oxygen I can pump into the atmosphere of rarefied hydrogen and chlorine. But everyone I see post bases always has glorious blue gas everywhere as though it's trivial.

Halp

21 minutes ago, Tsabo said:

See I can think of a way to get more space without devmode...

Anyway, question: where do you guys get all your oxygen from? I never have enough to even oxidise my living quarters; all water on the map gets swiftly electrolysed, all salt on the map gets swiftly rust-oxidised, and in the lategame my dupes are constantly running over to the air vents to suck at the few pufts of oxygen I can pump into the atmosphere of rarefied hydrogen and chlorine. But everyone I see post bases always has glorious blue gas everywhere as though it's trivial.

Halp

In the current BASE game its good to have a map with lots of water, polluted water and salt/brine geysirs.

In the current new DLC game, with its few geysirs per asteroid, it is more about rocket`ing resources from one asteroid to another.

16 minutes ago, Tsabo said:

Anyway, question: where do you guys get all your oxygen from?

Well, in my latest Terra game, I have 2 salt geyser, 2 cool steam vent and 2 cool slush geyser...  That's enough to supply oxygen for enough dupes to make my computer crawl.  For Terra asteroid, I believe you are guaranteed 1 cool steam vent and 1 salt geyser which should be enough to quite a few dupe if you don't use it all on farming. I'm not sure what other asteroids offer.

Archived