Initial Plans for Early Access

22 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Regarding integrating the base game and the DLC closer together: For the time being, the two versions of the game are two separate experiences. Save files will always remain incompatible with each other, and so if you want to enjoy the full ONI experience while we develop the DLC, you can disable Spaced Out! through the main menu or Steam to flip back and forth at any time.

Please please please, Cant we just make it a TICK OFF when starting a new Colony instead

I really enjoyed the whole, stay on this Asteroid until you rot away gameplay. But I also enjoy the new gameplay.

I just dont hope we have to RESTART the game to disable the DLC in the future. To start the game inorder to restart it is bad experience.
EDIT: OMG Steam has to download it all again.

2020-12-10_182253.jpg

i could likely do a whole thread on creating stoopid Diablo-esque Sets for ONI Dupes. :)

23 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Save files will always remain incompatible with each other,

also sadly this, 'always'...seems critical. I do hope there is means devised that allows some type of seamless use of the best of both these worlds. A tighter integration.

And I watched someone play a fresh 'old-styled' terra start, to show how the game works to some new viewers. I felt dwarfed by the map, the old maps feel immense now, :) weird

...Originally the base game default map size was even bigger in the beginning, don`t know if you remember :confused:

I`m glad I didn`t continue on a custom map which was mega big, with all the save game wipes of the past and perhaps future. I wanted to play on that mega size map for 20 years in the games beginning, after the first save game wipe I decided otherwise.

image.png.a821c51d25c036d098c50448c52ef6b2.png

I've asked in another post but can't get an answer... Can anyone help me? Maybe I've missed it somehwere?

I'd like to know if the new biomes and critters will be available on the "on big asteroid" maps too. I want to know if we will have nuclear evergy on those too

1 hour ago, SocialConstruct said:

I've asked in another post but can't get an answer... Can anyone help me? Maybe I've missed it somehwere?

I'd like to know if the new biomes and critters will be available on the "on big asteroid" maps too. I want to know if we will have nuclear evergy on those too

I think there were no definite statements either way. My guess would be that they will probably add the swamp biome (and critters) to the base game as a starting option, but not the nuclear stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I think there were no definite statements either way. My guess would be that they will probably add the swamp biome (and critters) to the base game as a starting option, but not the nuclear stuff. 

Ah thank you, I wasnt sure if we knew

48 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

My guess would be that they will probably add the swamp biome (and critters) to the base game as a starting option, but not the nuclear stuff. 

My guess would be that neither of two will be available in the main game without the DLC. It feels strange for me to work on DLC only to inlcude its features into vanilla game. Best I could go with would be that the swamp would be there on the big map, but only if you have DLC bought.

Only things I'd expect in base game would be tools, QoL or balance changes, like the new drag tool or some tweaks here and there.

Of course nothing is set in stone, it is all reading from Meep's pee and boy, I have never been good in divination. But I can foretell that the DLC will be good, that's why I already bought it and to be honest I don't care much how not having it would change my future games.

6 hours ago, pether said:

My guess would be that neither of two will be available in the main game without the DLC. It feels strange for me to work on DLC only to inlcude its features into vanilla game. Best I could go with would be that the swamp would be there on the big map, but only if you have DLC bought.

Only things I'd expect in base game would be tools, QoL or balance changes, like the new drag tool or some tweaks here and there.

Of course nothing is set in stone, it is all reading from Meep's pee and boy, I have never been good in divination. But I can foretell that the DLC will be good, that's why I already bought it and to be honest I don't care much how not having it would change my future games.

Yeah I'm talking about having access to the DLC content on normal maps after buying the DLC of course, not about accessing DLC content on vanilla without paying anything that would make no sense at all

Archived