Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

TheMule

TIL: skill scrub dups with initial skills...

TheMule    346

... and they loose them.

Say you have a dup who starts as mech engineer. If you scrub them, you can't give them back the skill unless you complete all the requirements, as usual.

nessumo    84

If they get this additional skillpoint to distribute I would say it is OK-ish. You can print new duplicant with let say mechatronics, scrub him to get two points (one base + one from mechatronics) and make a rancher. But if so, then maybe just giving additional generic skill points instead of specific ones would be better.

I understand it is probably different from original vision for this functionality, but on the other han is very unbalanced ATM with mechatronics skillpoint being very OP. Having just one additional skillpoint (or maybe second trait for two?) on start would be more versatile and more balanced IMHO.

TheMule    346

Well I expected them NOT to have an extra skill point, just the skill. So in your case, if you assign a skill to a newly printed dup, you can undo your action with the scrubber, get one point only back, and reassign it. The whole process should leave the mech eng skill untouched (as the dup is born with it, and it's not part of acquired experience). It's a trait, sort of.

BTW in the skill tree the skill remains marked as special.

psusi    308

If they get the skill point back then I'd consider that a win.  Maybe they shouldn't be able to scrub the skill for role playing reasons, but hey, being able to reassign that bonus starting skill is a benefit.  I'd be far more concerned if they lost the skill to the scrubber and didn't get any points to reassign.

SackMaggie    172
5 hours ago, psusi said:

If they get the skill point back then I'd consider that a win.  Maybe they shouldn't be able to scrub the skill for role playing reasons, but hey, being able to reassign that bonus starting skill is a benefit.  I'd be far more concerned if they lost the skill to the scrubber and didn't get any points to reassign.

The problem start when having high tier skill, Say you got mech engineer(5 point) but get just 1 back, now you stuck with 1 point dupe that can't gain their own innate skill.
I think leave it as is OR able to take their own skill while skipping all requisite skill.

misotoma    33
5 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

The problem start when having high tier skill

High skill with no morale hit.. that benefit is a huge deal it shouldn't just be scrubbed out.. but thanks for giving the heads up.. I now know what NOT to do with these dupes with lvl 3 or lvl 5 skill points. which I happily abused at the start line up