Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 443836

Recommended Posts

aresd    376
21 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Happy Friday! Some fixes before the weekend, and getting ready to go live next next week. We're getting really excited!

  • Some layout changes to better handle long strings in Duplicant selection screens/pinned resources/diagnostic/world selection panels
  • Updated Korean strings
  • Hook up blinkylights onto the main menu BG
  • Add sound to Warp Conduit Sender / Warp Conduit Receiver's activation animations
  • Duplicants and critters can no longer navigate off the edges of worlds
  • Buildings with filtered storages (Lockers, Fridges, etc.) now accept deliveries in most curcumstances, only stopping with major failures such as being flooded or entombed
  • Fixed issue where Hatches would not spawn in the sandstone biome on the warp planetoid due its smaller size
  • Grubgrubs are no longer found in the wild except for one feature somewhere in the world
  • Changes to element composition in some Wasteland biomes and added an additional POI
  • Fixed Grubgrub body segments appearing as white on the temperature overlay
  • Grubgrub now excretes 10% of consumed element as mud
  • Grubgrub requires 16 tiles space per critter instead of 12
  • Updated artwork on the Porta Pod
  • Warp portal POI's no longer have glass tiles. Reduced facility window mass to 25kg
  • Shuffled around and reworked Duplicant skills related to space and rocketry. This may make some Duplicants who were previously able to launch a rocket unable until the appropriate skill is learned
  • Added a toggle to the main menu of Spaced Out for switching back to the base game. (Eventually such a toggle will be in the base game too, so please give it a click and let us know if you encounter any issues!)

 

View full update

 

Crash after trying to change the characteristics of a character on the start screen

 

2020-12-04_21-37-22.png

Edited by aresd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aresd    376
22 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Some layout changes to better handle long strings in Duplicant selection screens/pinned resources/diagnostic/world selection panels

ultra mega super great fix!!! I've been waiting for this forever, annoying everyone here

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aresd    376
6 minutes ago, fatheroctopus said:

Thanks, we're looking at this now

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
MinionStartingStats.GenerateAttributes (System.Int32 pointsDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] disabled_chore_groups) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:475)
MinionStartingStats..ctor (System.Boolean is_starter_minion, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:46)
CharacterContainer.GenerateCharacter (System.Boolean is_starter, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:180)
CharacterContainer.Reshuffle (System.Boolean is_starter) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:673)
CharacterContainer.<OnSpawn>b__42_0 () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:89)
KButton.SignalClick (KKeyCode btn) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:89)
KButton.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:130)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)

copy of the text to make it easier for you to study the bug report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sakura_sk    626
Quote
  • Added a toggle to the main menu of Spaced Out for switching back to the base game. (Eventually such a toggle will be in the base game too, so please give it a click and let us know if you encounter any issues!)

I thought it would just toggle between the two.. Deactivating dlc redownloads the whole game?! 
1141559117_shouldthishappen.JPG.0b7e119832a2899e2fe207cfa09df63d.JPG

and manually reactivating the dlc redownloads it.... -_- yes... ok.. tried it.. Now after 20 minutes I would like to play the game.. please?

deactivate.JPG.40140ed734a8e38ce2c7364174bfde08.JPG

Edited by sakura_sk
wrong quote..
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aresd    376
KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
MinionStartingStats.GenerateAttributes (System.Int32 pointsDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] disabled_chore_groups) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:475)
MinionStartingStats..ctor (System.Boolean is_starter_minion, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:46)
CharacterContainer.GenerateCharacter (System.Boolean is_starter, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:180)
CharacterContainer+<DelayedGeneration>d__45.MoveNext () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:123)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Coroutines.cs:17)

An error that occurs when the game crashes before showing the character selection screen. Maybe this will help somehow too

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I thought it would just toggle between the two.. Deactivating dlc redownloads the whole game?! 
1141559117_shouldthishappen.JPG.0b7e119832a2899e2fe207cfa09df63d.JPG

and manually reactivating the dlc redownloads it.... -_- yes... ok.. tried it.. Now after 20 minutes I would like to play the game.. please?

deactivate.JPG.40140ed734a8e38ce2c7364174bfde08.JPG

Didn't your parents teach you not to play with switches as a kid?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aresd    376
11 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

@Ipsquiggle Don't cry.... I'm sure you'll figure it out ;)

I tried for a long time to understand where you wrote to me and what message you quoted ...

 

2020-12-04_22-17-12.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zach123b    93

why mud for grubgrubs?  and can we get some more sulfur generation options?  right now all we have is a sour gas boiler.  the grubgrubs giving 5% mud basically just basically gives us more water back for sour gas refining plus some dirt

sour gas boiler is basically 3 oil wells over 1 cycle consume 1800kg water for 6000kg oil > 4000kg natural gas / 2000kg sulfur.  natural gas makes about 3000kg pwater from a bunch of generators.  this basically means that 2000kg of sulfur makes 200kg of water, making it produce 1400kg of water per cycle from 1200.  from 167% efficient to 178% efficient water use

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sakura_sk    626

@aresd I don't think I quoted you... Oh wait... probably quoted from your quote of the update...! Sooo sorry! Didn't notice! :-o

 

Edited by sakura_sk
fixed previous quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GnarLee    3

I love how were back in full on oni update mode where we see changes pretty often.  Many have said it but the alpha is like a whole new game.  Lost my first dupe in under 30 cycles first go.  Really excited to see how everything gets intergrated.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ghkbrew    396
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Buildings with filtered storages (Lockers, Fridges, etc.) now accept deliveries in most curcumstances, only stopping with major failures such as being flooded or entombed

Yay! Automatic dispensers are useful again!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripleM999    285

String missing error:

Minor.thumb.png.32bc6309558e214bec5b49423b40f5d3.png

1 hour ago, fatheroctopus said:

Thanks, we're looking at this now

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
MinionStartingStats.GenerateAttributes (System.Int32 pointsDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] disabled_chore_groups) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:475)
MinionStartingStats..ctor (System.Boolean is_starter_minion, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Minions/MinionStartingStats.cs:46)
CharacterContainer.GenerateCharacter (System.Boolean is_starter, System.String guaranteedAptitudeID) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:180)
CharacterContainer.Reshuffle (System.Boolean is_starter) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:673)
CharacterContainer.<OnSpawn>b__42_0 () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/screens/CharacterContainer.cs:89)
KButton.SignalClick (KKeyCode btn) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:89)
KButton.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/ui/KButton.cs:130)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.14f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)

Same error on reroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
no.    0

Just echoing the crash reports since today's update: had a crash after manually changing the numbers in a world-gen seed, crash when the dupe-selection screen loaded, crash when I accidentally clicked the "Missing String" skill (pictured above in TripleM999's post), crash when rolling to find a suitable dupe (crash report info for this latest one is attached). So far, since the update, I haven't been able to start a new game!

Also, just curious if you changed the font in the Dupe-selection screen with this update? The text is much harder on my eyes, but I can't tell if it's an actual font change or I'm just in the pre-stages of a migraine, ha!

onicrash.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripleM999    285

I assume, the crashes in Dupe Selection have to do with Rocket Piloting (Rocketry) now being a Tier 1 skill. The dupe generator tries to apply this skill (or career) to some rolled dupes, but is not able to, as it is not in the list of the possible skills for starter dupes.

Edited by TripleM999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slvrsrfr    198
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Warp portal POI's no longer have glass tiles. Reduced facility window mass to 25kg

not thrilled that the advanced players making as much hay about this as is. reduce the weight and all, but the idea that it's too easy now because of this, I feel is over-stated somewhat.

 

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Changes to element composition in some Wasteland biomes and added an additional POI

would this impact seeds/maps already in progress? What things may be left out if a new seed is not rolled? (fomo!) While I see no discernible changes to the map I am playing, did things change?

I loved the picture game in 'Highlights'. Compare and contrast, too see the differences in two similar pictures. fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripleM999    285
1 minute ago, Slvrsrfr said:
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Warp portal POI's no longer have glass tiles. Reduced facility window mass to 25kg

not thrilled that the advanced players making as much hay about this as is. reduce the weight and all, but the idea that it's too easy now because of this, I feel is over-stated somewhat.

Agreed. The glass is nonetheless limited. Before you can turn it into power, you have to even dig to the surface, and you would have to get your research to unlock it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nemisis311    32

Unable to start a new game or play at all. I deleted my old save (as I was having a repeated crash bug involving attempting to deconstruct the neocone, reported crash log yesterday) and now I either crash upon loading into 3 dupe selection screen, or randomly upon rerolling a starting dupe. Verified files and restarted steam. Submitted todays crash reports and just holding off for next patch  :3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TripleM999    285
1 minute ago, Nemisis311 said:

Unable to start a new game or play at all.

You could play, if you accept the starting dupes on a noncrashing start. But who wants to start with a random dupe selection? :anonymous:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    744

Not sure why grubgrub are being removed from the map?  1% egg chance with no way to improve from sweeties means grubgrub are basically not in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this