Choosechee

Do you think Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged book should be buffed?

Do you think Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged book should be buffed?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be buffed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If you picked yes, how should it be buffed? (You can pick multiple answers)

• It should have the old recipe
    • It should grow more than 10 plants
    • You should be able to choose which plants grow
    • It should be buffed in a different way (Write how in a reply)
    • I picked No/Undecided

Owlrus    3951

It feels like even though Klei gave a good compromise to the book(s) people are still unhappy in my opinion. At this point, we might as well not change the original book at all.

• Like 2

gaymime    4151

this is a very good compromise. it doesnt break the game AND it resolved the problem that people claimed that they had. at this point any good-faith arguments should be resolved

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

jantonio    2935
2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I think the book is fine as it is.

Getting 10 berries or 30 juicy berries or 30 stone fruits or 10 crops (and 10-20 seeds) per 1 manure and 1 seed is a pretty good bargain. It's just not "feed a server of six by myself" kind of good, which it never should have been in the first place.

5 seeds 5 manure.

__IvoCZE__    8538

The books should stay the way they are.

10 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I think it should be buffed to how it was before, I mean how am I going to feed the people on my megabase now?

Bunnymen furnaces, moonstone pigdrop and farms still exist though.
Or just basic spider meatballs.

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Like 1

Choosechee    40
26 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I think it should be buffed to how it was before, I mean how am I going to feed the people on my megabase now?
It's only fair since she's the character for megabasing and so should deliberately be made above others. Also, I wouldn't like if other characters could mega
base as well as her, It's her unique thing so it's fair... of course I can also use on tentacles and farm bee queen without having to set up 30 rabbit hutches... but that is not the point and it's fine because i'm being rewarded for my knowledge.

Wait, are you being sarcastic?

• Haha 1

minespatch    79861
7 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Gif of me growing 400 grasses with one use of silviculture)

Now Wickerbottom can reenact vietnam war movies against her enemies.:wilson_sneaky:

• Haha 1

Ohan    1549
8 hours ago, Owlrus said:

people are still unhappy

Well duh :lol:. you cant please everyone. If the small sample size of this poll is any indication; 3 to 32 is more than okay and is hardly cause for further handwringing 

Edited by Ohan
  • Haha 1

00petar00    215

I don't get how can people still be unhappy about this. Wickerbottom is my main character if you couldn't tell by the picture and i am completely fine with this. @Picklesaurus really explained it well, if someone can get mad after being able to do that, i don't see the point of their complaints. They should shut up while they can, if klei reverts the nerf, who knows what might happen to the book in the refresh that is going to happen to Wicker in the future, with this change, we may not get too many nerfs later.

What's worth mentioning is that Applied Horticulture is probably still worth using and is great on lichen, you couldn't get too many lichen plants close together but there was sometimes a lucky world generation where you could put 2 lureplants and be in range of horticulture, now you can't do that because of 10 plant limit but usually you needed to be lucky for it. I am sure that this book is also still very good to use in this situation. Everyone should be able to get as much manure as they want in the late game. Just collect all seeds and bundle wrap until you have enough for like 10-20 horticulture books. 50-100 seeds may sound like a lot but that will get you 500-1000 lichen.

Applied horticulture isn't even needed, if you want to go for honey as a late game food, it may be slightly better now and it is also a really good option. Being able to grow that many plants was only good on community servers with a lot of new players, i feel like they'll be the only ones to suffer though this.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

pepe61    0

i think keeping the 10 limit is ok ...but maybe making the 10 limit applied on each edible plant , not just 10 in total randomly. i think it's a nice middle point before how it was before and  the first rework. 

or, just as in gorge make her range WAAAAY smaller , like third  of it. that's certainly a another tweak she could have

Edited by pepe61

gaymime    4151
49 minutes ago, Bellium said:

I'm surprised so many people said no, is being able to aim at what you want to grow really that OP?!? :shock:

being able to feed yourself for tour days in under 20 seconds is very op

• Like 2

Bellium    181
3 hours ago, gaymime said:

being able to feed yourself for tour days in under 20 seconds is very op

I'm talking about one of the buff options being you aim it at an area like in forge, instead of just randomly growing 10 crops that appear on screen. Note aiming it would still only do 10 crops because saying to do more than 10 is a completely different option 

• Like 2

Nordsunna9    1
On 1/12/2020 at 21:10, Picklesaurus said:

Creo que debería mejorarse como era antes, quiero decir, ¿cómo voy a alimentar a la gente de mi megabase ahora?
Es justo ya que ella es el personaje de megabasing y, por lo tanto, debe hacerse deliberadamente por encima de los demás. Además, no me gustaría que otros personajes pudieran tener una mega
base tan bien como ella, es algo único, así que es justo ... por supuesto que también puedo usar en tentáculos y abejas de la granja sin tener que configurar 30 conejeras ... .pero ese no es el punto y está bien porque estoy siendo recompensado por mis conocimientos. (Gif de mí cultivando 400 pastos con un solo uso de silvicultura) Debería poder hacer esto, pero también con comida, especialmente arbustos de fruta de hueso. 
Wicker1.thumb.gif.6e665ef5ea4f6a544488c45dcb028ace.gif

Traslate: Wickerbottom is too OP, this update is very cool. It was too easy to play with her, the game is called "Don't Starve Together". It's silly that she alone could feed everyone.

• Haha 1

bombazook    4

I was waiting for Wicker update for so long (1.7K+ hours / ~1.5K as Wicker). It was fun to help newbies to survive on public servers using imbalanced ability to grow lots of food. I had no fun of fighting bosses, exploring ruins etc. I had fun from organizing, feeding, geometric placement and making resource production automatic. I'm going to drop DST permanently after this weird update.

Edited by bombazook
More explicit opinion description
  • Haha 2

Queron81    532
4 hours ago, bombazook said:

I was waiting for Wicker update for so long (1.7K+ hours / ~1.5K as Wicker). It was fun to help newbies to survive on public servers using imbalanced ability to grow lots of food. I had no fun of fighting bosses, exploring ruins etc. I had fun from organizing, feeding, geometric placement and making resource production automatic.

I did the same, but most with wormwood (together with a Wickerbottom). But now it is much nicer to do the farming together, like someone making the farm soil turfs, one tilling the fields, all planting the seeds and take care of the plants. And now you can also do this in winter. So I don't understand your problem. Before this update you could do much more food than you would ever need and you had to do always the same few steps again and again. Now it's more varied and more interesting. Should be the optimal update especially for you.