Sign in to follow this  
RaiShi

Save Game help ?

RaiShi    10

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask about the save game in Don't Starve, how does it work ?

If you get killed do you get back from day 1 ? or you have to reach a certain day to save ?

Please explain to me, thanks in advance.

501105    20

The game saves automatically at the start of each new day. If you die your character is dead for good (unless you have built a meat effigie) and you have to start from day 1 again.

I hope that helps

Bogpad    20

the save games are only used when you leave the game through the menu, so you can play along on a later time. if you die, you are dead and all progress is lost, and you have to start from day 1 again.

Ashar    10

Ive had a bit of trouble, i exited back to the main menu, and it showed i could continue, but i needed to exit the game for a while. When i laoded the game back up, the only options available were New Game, and New World, i cant continue my previous game, even though i wasnt dead. Id build some meat effigies, so i could ressurrect. Does the game have issues with saving after youve ressurrected?

Ashar    10

I am running the steam version, i forgot to mention. Im not fan of chrome. The only thign ive noticed is even though there is a save folder in the game directory, steam uses the user data folder. Maybe the game isnt looking in the right place?

pinkrage    10
Ive had a bit of trouble, i exited back to the main menu, and it showed i could continue, but i needed to exit the game for a while. When i laoded the game back up, the only options available were New Game, and New World, i cant continue my previous game, even though i wasnt dead.

Have EXACTLY the same problem on Steam.

I didn't resurrect/die or anything. Exited game, came back, cannot load back a saved game. Only have New Game, New World.

draco1776    10

i have the same problem with steam version. I played for a while my game saved when new day came. I clicked exit throu menu and now when i came back, my only option is to start new world from the beggining.

Dee_Mond    10

same problem for me with the steam version.. After the games says it saves i Alt-Tab out to the Save folder and there is not anything there. Same deal from the menu.

PS i do keep my science though