ScottHansen

[Game Update] - 442776

Wardin25    1012

cant you make it so the nutrient symbols arrows aim inwards or outwards if they consume or release those nutrients so its easier to nderstand?

Rinkusan    1177
10 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the feedback around the Applied Horticulture changes causing problems for end-game players and base builders. We are discussing solutions for this and it will not remain as is. Changes to the book will happen early or mid next week. We are also aware of people's concerns around Wormwood's plant-anywhere being diluted by the new farming mechanics. We are also discussing this and improvements to Wormwood will come in throughout the beta.

I'm cautiously optimistic; I really like the Horticulture's cap to plant growth as a way of nerfing early/mid-game food production, and from what I've read on the forums so far, that aspect of the nerf wasn't controversial. It's more of the cap on non-food plants like trees, grass, and twigs (i.e. the plants used to build bases) that people are discussing. Whatever happens to the new book, I hope the nerf on food production through Horticulture doesn't go away at least. 

• Like 2

viberr    915
4 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

This is why klei is one of the best gaming companies in the world.Because they have the best developers.I just hope that December will come soon!

yeah december is coming in three days 

anyways klei what the hell can i say.i really wanna do one of my rude jokes where i say something rude as a joke but what the hell can i say its barely been a day and you guys have already made a new update with some significant changes (which are for the better)and that is just amazing good on you klei

Edited by stranger again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1

Pikapikap    1462
3 minutes ago, stranger again said:

thanks took like 1 minute to think of

(im gonna guess your reply was sarcasm)

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just kidding.have a nice day~

viberr    915
2 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

Please don't get me wrong, I'm just kidding.have a nice day~

nah its completely alright. you have a nice day/night too

• Like 1

Queron81    532
15 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Nice, especially thanks for taking suggestions on Luxury Hoe and moving hoes to tool tab, Klei is great as always!

If I may suggest a further quality of life addition, can you add an item like the cookbook that allows players to access the plant registry in game? Having the information in the Compendium is cool and all but it'd actually be very useful to have a way to reach it in game, through something like a 'Botany Handbook' or 'Gardener's Notepad'? It doesn't have to be an item, it can be a structure too like a stone tablet on an altar of vines. The new agriculture mechanisms are so intricate from soul nutrition to seasonal plants and unique seeds that its impossible too keep by memory. I'd say it would be even more helpful than the cookbook, allowing to decide which seeds to plant in which plots, allocate plots to certain seeds etc. If all the information is stuck behind the main menu, I'm afraid all interested players will have to keep switching between the game and an online guide.

Just equip the Gardeneers Hat and do right-click on it ;)

• Like 1

Gabovisk    97
1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

We are also aware of people's concerns around Wormwood's plant-anywhere being diluted by the new farming mechanics. We are also discussing this and improvements to Wormwood will come in throughout the beta.

I am very happy with that. Thanks for the quality of update ever! :wilson_love:

• Like 2

Hornete    6160
Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

umm, doing that only makes me talk to my plants, am I doing something wrong?

Right click the hat in your hat slot

lakhnish    1918
3 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

umm, doing that only makes me talk to my plants, am I doing something wrong?

They mean you should right-click on the hat.

I don't blame you, I would have never figured it out if people didn't tell me that how the menu is opened cause there ain't any real indication about it when putting the hat on unless you hover over the hat in your head icon for some reason.

Edited by lakhnish

SinancoTheBest    2606
5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Right click the hat in your hat slot

Oh, that's wonderful, just noticed, thank you ^^

4 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

They mean you should right-click on the hat.

I don't blame you, I would have never figured it out if people didn't tell me that how the menu is opened cause there ain't any real indication about it when putting the hat on unless you hover over the hat in your head icon for some reason.

Ahh, now I got it, thanks, yea I'd never have guessed that myself :D

• Like 2

X-lem    486
2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

We are also aware of people's concerns around Wormwood's plant-anywhere being diluted by the new farming mechanics. We are also discussing this and improvements to Wormwood will come in throughout the beta.

Glad to hear this is being thought of!

• Like 1

-Variant    5870

Seems like the Lord himself was updated and given high quality art, which I adore, though the minion and the friendly ones were forgotten! :'o
Hope this can be changed soon!

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

Mike23Ua    8381

So uhm, I’m not in the beta but while it is still in beta I figured I would make a suggestion I think would be cool- 

for me the enjoyment of this game is NOT standing in base all day tending to crops or whatever, it’s venturing all around the map Nomad style and instead of one Mega base with all my resources in one spot I have many many many small “Camps” if you wanna call them that.

I really love how the newer character Refreshes have been requiring characters to go to certain areas of the game to get certain ingredients. Such as Wendy having to go find Pipspook to get Mourning Glory, or Wigfrid having to get Spittle Fish for Fireproof Scroll.

And I really like the Idea of plants needing a specific season to grow best in, but I think it would ALSO be cool if instead of just planting all my plants in base and calling it a Day- that those plants need to be in certain BIOMES to grow at their best.

Kind of like how real trees and plants have to grow in specific climates or else they require extra special care and attention to survive in a atmosphere that isn’t its preferred one.

I think this would go a long way in forcing players not to just mega base crops in one area and to instead have to tend crops in their preferred growing biome.

I believe this would get more casual players to step away from base and actually explore around the map a bit.

Zeklo    19386

The new Plant Registry art for the nutrient arrows is more confusing now imo.

Why does down equate to a gain of that nutrient in the soul?

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1