Wardin25

Wurt mains (or anyone really),

Wurt mains (or anyone else), do you feel like the farming system proposed in the beta will make farming too time consuming for what you get in change?  

53 members have voted

  1. 1. Have you tested the farming system properly?

    • Yes
      21
    • No
      18
    • A bit
      14
  2. 2. Do you think the new system is too time-consuming for what it gives?

    • No, I think the new system gives a fair reward to an honest work
      32
    • Yeah, I dont want to spend so much time in my base instead of doing something else
      13
    • Other
      8


Recommended Posts

Wardin25    1005

I've tested the new famr system and I didn't know whether it was fair to have to do so much work to get double seeds or not, so imma ask

Edit:

I oofed in the second question, so I fixed it

Edited by Wardin25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1508

Tbh im not sure yet what to think. i absolutely love the fact that every crop has a unique dynamic sprite with different stages, i also like the idea of crops having a favored season, i also like the plow plot although i will miss the look of the advanced farms. making compost in the compost bin is also a neat idea. 

But much of the rest like specific soil nutrients, watering, tending seems too complicated and too much work for what it eventually gives you. even as someone who enjoys farming-esque simulation games and growing stuff im not sure what to make of this. I feel like this more elaborate system would be more justified/legitimate if it wasnt in the same game as meatballs and other very easy to gather meat based foods.

Even when you do everything perfectly and the crop is in season you still only get 1 vegetable/fruit. unless im mistaken, the only thing u get for perfectly tending to a crop is an extra seed.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1005
12 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

For the second question the options are confusing: Yeah, it's too time-consuming, it's fair / No, not too time-consuming, I want to do something else.

I meant if you think the time spent on tending to the crops is fair and gives a good reward or if you would rather using the time spent doing something else, like going to moon island, or chopping trees, or preparing for a boss fight for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sinisterrkid    1580
18 minutes ago, Ohan said:

[snip]

I feel the same way. I really love the mechanics of it, but would be nice to have it be more rewarding and basically a viable choice for main food source.

Also, a new recipe good for healing that requires fruits.

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1005
13 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Tbh im not sure yet what to think. i absolutely love the fact that every crop has a unique dynamic sprite with different stages, i also like the idea of crops having a favored season, i also like the plow plot although i will miss the look of the advanced farms. making compost in the compost bin is also a neat idea. 

But much of the rest like specific soil nutrients, watering, tending seems too complicated and too much work for what it eventually gives you. even as someone who enjoys farming-esque simulation games and growing stuff im not sure what to make of this. I feel like this more elaborate system would be more justified/legitimate if it wasnt in the same game as meatballs and other very easy to gather meat based foods.

Even when you do everything perfectly and the crop is in season you still only get 1 vegetable/fruit. unless im mistaken, the only thing u get for perfectly tending to a crop is an extra seed.. 

yeah, I feel the same, I like the concept, but if they are going to add a complicated mechanic it should give more than just an extra seed

19 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

You can grow oversized plants, which give three of the crop. 

how? could you please explain how

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1005
Just now, sinisterrkid said:

I understand entirely, but the question-answer pair is "Do you think it's too time-consuming?" "Yes, it's fair."

So it becomes:

"Yes, it's too time-consuming, it's fair"

or

"No, it's not too time-consuming, I don't want to spend do much time"

ok, I understand, I made a big oof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sinisterrkid    1580

@Wardin25 I hid my previous messages to not clutter your thread

I think it's also worth making mention to the visuals of it. Lately I've been getting into megabasing for the sake of it, and making everything pretty, and all the new plants are looking really, really cool.

I don't know what they're gonna look like if I just plant them and don't take care of them all the time. Is it eventually gonna be like a field of decaying plants?

  • Potato Cup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wardin25    1005
Just now, sinisterrkid said:

@Wardin25 I hid my previous messages to not clutter your thread

I think it's also worth making mention to the visuals of it. Lately I've been getting into megabasing for the sake of it, and making everything pretty, and all the new plants are looking really, really cool.

I don't know what they're gonna look like if I just plant them and don't take care of them all the time. Is it eventually gonna be like a field of decaying plants?

first, thanks

second, yeah, most plants look super cool

third, Im not sure, but i think that if left unpicked for long they either rot or spawn fruit flies

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sinisterrkid    1580
6 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Another thing of note: if you use panflutes, beefalo horns, or shellbells it tends to all the crops in an area. No need to click through them all. 

This is awesome.

 

6 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Giving growth formula?

Every growth starter formula (don't remember the name exactly, the thing with the bottle) I've made has had the tag 'Weak", and I don't know how to make a strong one, but it might be something about that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
azazel3221    215
5 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Every growth starter formula (don't remember the name exactly, the thing with the bottle) I've made has had the tag 'Weak", and I don't know how to make a strong one, but it might be something about that..

Let it rot

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ohan    1508
2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

 

this is a huge relief! how did u manage to figure all of that out ahah ?! did u peer into the code or something? sounds very interesting and i hope it is as fun as you make it sound because i desperately want it to be! first impressions left me very confused lol! 

would you consider making a guide post in the future with the stuff you have learned? :love_heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wurt has little time to spare, as is. I'm already looking for Lunar for kelp plants and Merm King is a heavy resource sink, which eats more time. I liked old farms because they were set-and-forget, disease free, and didn't centralize food. It's easy to get an excess of food. I don't care if they make a lot in the long run. They cost too much time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    5913
2 hours ago, FairyInABottle said:

Wurt has little time to spare, as is. I'm already looking for Lunar for kelp plants and Merm King is a heavy resource sink, which eats more time. I liked old farms because they were set-and-forget, disease free, and didn't centralize food. It's easy to get an excess of food. I don't care if they make a lot in the long run. They cost too much time.

They cost less resources and about the same time than the old ones (you need to make the hole but you always receive seeds when the veggie is harvest)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now