Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] - 442154

Slvrsrfr    199

game updates always appreciated. :)

wonderful work on the update, best of luck going forward.

A remarkable game, that deserves a following. Great work!

8 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixed artifacts not being generated if they are the last artifact of a tier

outstanding! it was bugged?

Edited by Slvrsrfr
  • Like 1

JRup    527

Oh goodies, great time to relaunch the game!  Will the FMOD update bring being able to test the DLC closer for those on linux?

Soulwind    312

So after this update, my existing game crashes every time it tries to do the save at the beginning of the cycle.

I turned off all mods and reloaded, still crashes.

It's set for Local usage, I haven't tried the Cloud save yet; but Local files are causing it to crash every time.

It is saving to the new structure (the colony name directory), but is is crashing upon completion of the save (or at least that's what it looks like).

Soulwind    312

Appears to be an Unauthorized Access error on the PNG file, I'll try to see if I can adjust my file system security levels.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Gary\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files\Chaotic Utopia\auto_save\Chaotic Utopia Cycle 44.sav (1).png" is denied.

System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, System.Int32 bufferSize) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Timelapser.WriteToPng (UnityEngine.RenderTexture renderTex) (at <1d5a4745931b465a8332104962ddb152>:0)
Timelapser.RenderAndPrint () (at <1d5a4745931b465a8332104962ddb152>:0)
Timelapser+<Render>d__28.MoveNext () (at <1d5a4745931b465a8332104962ddb152>:0)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <b8388ffefd6046f8a7b4080349da72eb>:0)

cpy    609
  • Upgraded to Unity 2019.4.14
  • Upgraded FMOD to 2.01.05

So what does that mean in terms of what i can see or feel?

klei.ruby    685
42 minutes ago, JRup said:

Oh goodies, great time to relaunch the game!  Will the FMOD update bring being able to test the DLC closer for those on linux?

It should fix it yes, check the update information on the DLC for confirmation.

10 minutes ago, cpy said:
  • Upgraded to Unity 2019.4.14
  • Upgraded FMOD to 2.01.05

So what does that mean in terms of what i can see or feel?

From the post:

Additionally, this update includes upgrades to both the game engine and audio engine we're using to develop the game. This won't have much impact on you as the player, but it's a technical hurdle we needed to jump over to ensure the ongoing health of the game in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

serkane    2

Just upgraded and failed to open with "OS Error 4294956486" message. Reinstalled 2 times through Steam. 

This is so sad. Is there any way to jump back old version, or anything else?

MacOs Mojave / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3GHz i5

• Like 1

Arianemarie    1

I'm having the same problem as Soulwind with basically the same error message. I tried to load a saved game and it crashed quickly, twice. I figured since the update dealt with save files maybe it was corrupted and started a new game. I didn't even get to do anything before it crashed a third time. I, too, would like to go back to the previous version. 

• Sad Dupe 1

serkane    2
6 minutes ago, klei.ruby said:

@serkane can you confirm that you removed the game entirely and reinstalled it? Verifying the files in this case is not enough.

very surprising but it was fixed on my third re-install. thank you anyway.

• Thanks 1

TheMule    346
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix Petroleum Generators from getting stuck if they're supplied with mixed fuels, now they seamlessly change over

I like this one.

klei.ruby    685

@Verakum what OS are you on? Make sure you opt out of any betas on Steam, and if you're in the testing crowd, check that the DLC flag isn't checked in the Steam properties as well.

• Thanks 1

Verakum    2
4 minutes ago, klei.ruby said:

@Verakum what OS are you on? Make sure you opt out of any betas on Steam, and if you're in the testing crowd, check that the DLC flag isn't checked in the Steam properties as well.

@klei.ruby No Betas enabled, I have re-installed the game 3 times so far, and as far as I am aware I am not part of the DLC testing team (I applied but I have not been approved as far as I know)\

I am using Windows 10, automatic updates on.

Edit: I removed ALL my workshop/mods too.

Edit2: it is as if Steam doesnt finish to unpack the game because the installation folder is basically empty

Edited by Verakum

Soulwind    312

FYI - I'm not sure what was causing the access denied crash upon the auto-save, but I went in and deleted the entire new folder structure then manually recreated it and manually copied in the save files.  After that the crash hasn't happened again (so far at least).

catcurling    0
6 hours ago, Verakum said:

I am getting a weird error on Steam, DISK WRITE ERROR... anyone seeing this?

Yes! Mine kept crashing on Windows 8.1 so I tried reinstalling and it tells me it's stuck in a disk write error as well :'(
Never had mods and didn't sign up for beta testing either.

Edited by catcurling
more info

hthought    10

Base game (and DLC, for which i am on alpha) won't start on Mac os, comes back with an OS error. Looks like lots of people are reporting the same on steam.

9 hours ago, serkane said:

Just upgraded and failed to open with "OS Error 4294956486" message. Reinstalled 2 times through Steam. 

This is so sad. Is there any way to jump back old version, or anything else?

MacOs Mojave / iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3GHz i5

Yeah, this is what i am getting too.