Cr4zyFl4mes

QoL suggestion - load chat history when traveling to caves and back

ShadowDuelist    7749

This.
When I play on my dedicated server I can "cheat" this by looking at the chat logs once the migration ended. Sometimes a lot of important stuff would have been lost to me.

A simple solution would be that by pressing Y to type, the system would show the last 4 or 5 non-whisper chat lines that exist in the log, regardless if you were present when they were said or not. If not implemented, maybe it can be made into a mod?

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1

Cr4zyFl4mes    109
4 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If not implemented, maybe it can be made into a mod?

Yeah, it might be possible. Though i play on vanilla servers too, so It would be best if they implemented it. Sounds exactly like something for QoL.

• Like 1

Bigfootmech    4

I was thinking yesterday, "Man, Klei's really done a good job on a lot of the new QOL updates". The unlimited server slots, disease turned off, caves enabled by default, shift-right click by default instead of being a mod... Like loads of really amazing (small, but incredibly useful) things. And was like, they're really on top of it.

Then I got to thinking, well, there's one thing that would actually be really nice too. Seeing what people type while transitioning to&from caves :o.

I did some testing, and for my setup, there's about a 20-30 second window where I can't see messages in game. If I'm transferring to the server where chat is happening, this can be mitigated (about 5-10s loss instead of 20-30) by reading the client chat log. If I'm traveling away from server where the messages are being sent (ie: I'm going to caves, when someone is talking above ground), it's pretty much a bust :p

I think this would be a great quality of life improvement.

Edited by Bigfootmech
new research (not unpopulated, but where chat is heppening)
  • Like 4

--- -.-    3852

I would also like option to be able to choose what size the chat text is and how long it remains on the screen in addition to these that would be great.

• Like 1

DARTH    2

there should be a log/chat window, like press T to open the log window, and we can see all the logs+timestamp

• Like 1