Gurgel    1893

They come in pairs. The second one of a pair is at an asteroid. From the starting planetoid the incoming one of these seems to come from the asteroid you can reach with the teleporter. My guess would be that these machines form a full circle over all asteroids, hop-by-hop.

minespatch    78151
14 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

From the starting planetoid the incoming one of these seems to come from the asteroid you can reach with the teleporter.

They're on both asteroids and come in pairs, my question is how to activate both at once. Do I need two researchers or operators? Do I need a particular cable to attach them?

minespatch    78151
11 minutes ago, werecat said:

You click on it and hit the "Activate" button, and a dupe will come along to activate it

I clicked activate on both and no dupes arrived to either one on either asteroid.

Lbphero    2558
31 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I clicked activate on both and no dupes arrived to either one on either asteroid.

when in doubt check the "errands" tab of an object

Gurgel    1893
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

You have to have a dupe there that can reach it. You can only tell after activation whether both sides have been activated, because you cannot tell which ones are paired. 

It does not have a settable priority, but the hidden one seems to be high. If it does not work you can always set the doors to "in only" and manually instruct a dupe to go there.

• GL Happy 1

Gurgel    1893
1 hour ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

You need to send a dupe to another asteroid where the other end of the pipe is located.

Yes. Before that you get (in red) "Activation:1/2". So you can check that one side is activated.

minespatch    78151
1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Yes. Before that you get (in red) "Activation:1/2". So you can check that one side is activated.

That's why I'm confused. I unearth four of them in total and I wasn't sure how to get a dupe to open.