Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

3 hours ago, Rimmsi said:

From Steam directly : 

Limited User Accounts
Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features that are commonly used for spamming, phishing, and other abuse. 

Why are these features not available?
Malicious users often operate using dummy accounts that have not purchased any games, items, or wallet credit. In order to make it more difficult for these malicious users to spam, scam, and phish other users, we restrict access to certain community features until an account has spent at least $5.00 USD in Steam.

Your account is not marked as Limited User Account in case you have bought at least something worth of 5$ on steam in history.

Lets keep hoping to get in ;)

Thanks! This means I am just another unlucky guy like lots of other here :D

Lets hope this DLC goes publicly available soon. I am going to toss some coins to Klei (and Steam) for sure 8-)

Trying to figure out how best to submit a log of observations/bugs.  I'm enclosing them here for your perusal; if there's an easier way for me to send this info for ingest please let me know.

Text Issues:

• Plug slugs' wild nature claims stunted scale growth, but they don't appear to have scales (possibly because they're based on dreckos?)

• Warp Pipe Output claims to be "A strong door with a sophisticated genetic lock".  Probably carryover text from doors.

Suggestions (DLC Exclusive):

• Oxygen mask station direction is hard to determine
• No way to clear all tracked resources; have to unclick them one by one
• Resources don't show graphs, which would be nice to see how quickly they are depleted
• Long resource names don't display correctly at 4K resolution (they clip the resource quantity)
• Oxygen mask system is still a bit clunky; masks get dropped but not picked up, and are they supposed to recharge after use, or are they disposable?  If disposable it should probably be mentioned
• Oxygen mask station won't let dupes pass if they're wearing a mask if the station doesn't have a mask available
• Hotkey character for moving between bases ("backquote") is less known the US.  Might use "tilde ~" instead.
• Atmo Suit production on base swamp world seems impossible without some source of fiber

Carryover Suggestions:

• Water in liquid reservoirs and gas in gas reservoirs not tracked as resource

• Perhaps build in something to prevent +/- to the same trait on new dupes.  Seems kind of silly to have a dupe with +3 husbandry as a base trait and then critter aversion as a detriment.

• Shouldn't there be some kind of liquid bottling apparatus similar to the gas bottling station?  Seems odd to have to use a pitcher pump lategame

Also, I submitted a crash that I got.  Still not sure what caused it, but it's in the logs somewhere.

19 hours ago, JoeW said:

Several players have contacted me regarding their registration. So far, none of them made in under the 48 hours mark I mentioned earlier. 

However, I have added another 1300 players, which all told gets us about half way through the list! 

Stay tuned, we'll be adding even more tomorrow. 

It's so sad.. I applied for an alpha test 22 november yet and have no news. "Status: Registered. We will notify you if you have been selected to participate in this test." - i am checked forum, alpha test page, steam ONI properties every day... Steam profile is public. I am not lucky :C

1 hour ago, sirnumbskull said:

• Atmo Suit production on base swamp world seems impossible without some source of fiber

Since im not in the beta i can only judge from what i have seen in stream.

I think that it is planed that the swamp cant make atmosuits.
The reasons i think this might be the case (in order of probability )
1.To force players to use the oxygen mask more (probably for betatesting)
2.To encourage players to get Fibers from other locations. (probably for betatesting)
3.To make the swamp harder.

1 hour ago, I_Link_I said:

Since im not in the beta i can only judge from what i have seen in stream.

I think that it is planed that the swamp cant make atmosuits.
The reasons i think this might be the case (in order of probability )
1.To force players to use the oxygen mask more (probably for betatesting)
2.To encourage players to get Fibers from other locations. (probably for betatesting)
3.To make the swamp harder.

I'd agree with you, but:

1) Oxygen masks can't protect against -70C temps in space (and aren't working properly anyway)

2) My one teleporter planet doesn't have any fibers either

3) Swamp is hard, confirmed :)

58 minutes ago, sirnumbskull said:

I'd agree with you, but:

1) Oxygen masks can't protect against -70C temps in space (and aren't working properly anyway)

2) My one teleporter planet doesn't have any fibers either

3) Swamp is hard, confirmed :)

1) The space temperature is an annoyance at the moment rather than a lethal hazard, unless a dupe gets stuck (there's no regolith so this doesn't really happen). I built all my rockets and restocked them in the Alpha with just dupes holding their breaths. Also did the same holding breath thing with the "dig fast to an air pocket and close it" approach to colonizing things using the dupe lander module.

2) They should be on the planetoid reachable by rockets from the starting one, the one with the pips and tree biome. At least that is where they were for me. I also think there were dreckos on it as well, besides just the reeds.

Just now, Pulstar said:

1) The space temperature is an annoyance at the moment rather than a lethal hazard, unless a dupe gets stuck (there's no regolith so this doesn't really happen). I built all my rockets and restocked them in the Alpha with just dupes holding their breaths. Also did the same holding breath thing with the "dig fast to an air pocket and close it" approach to colonizing things using the dupe lander module.

2) They should be on the planetoid reachable by rockets from the starting one, the one with the pips and tree biome. At least that is where they were for me.

Ah, I fell into the classic trap of treating dupes like humans :P

Either way, I'm going to use the slightly easier space egress of the teleport planet as my space launching off point.  See if that works.

• Developer
54 minutes ago, sirnumbskull said:

Ah, I fell into the classic trap of treating dupes like humans :P

I made my duplicants go ridiculously far with no suits or masks or helpful robots. There were some scaldings (a LOT of scaldings), and one duplicant did have to jump out of a rocket onto an unexplored world and dig her way into it while holding her breath, but everyone survived so it's fine, right?

17 minutes ago, nome said:

I made my duplicants go ridiculously far with no suits or masks or helpful robots. There were some scaldings (a LOT of scaldings), and one duplicant did have to jump out of a rocket onto an unexplored world and dig her way into it while holding her breath, but everyone survived so it's fine, right?

This is from the developer, so it got to be the right way of playing.

• Developer
Just now, LZ96 said:

This is from the developer, so it got to be the right way of playing.

Just to be clear, I'm not on the oxygen not included team and Klei does not endorse cruelty to duplicants. :) 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:48 PM, JoeW said:

Several players have contacted

JoeW, you insolent trash! I ask you to give me a chance to make test dlc and explained about I'm oldest player, who started test and play ONI in 2017 years, when it in pre-alpha and you ignored me.

8 hours ago, ahaxopet said:

JoeW, you insolent trash! I ask you to give me a chance to make test dlc and explained about I'm oldest player, who started test and play ONI in 2017 years, when it in pre-alpha and you ignored me.

You get the same chance as everybody else. If you were not in yet, it's because you didn't sign up as early as other people. If you're not currently in, it's because you either didn't sign up for or don't own the game. 

Additionally, please keep posts constructive and polite and follow forum guidelines. Thanks. 

Bugs, lags, crashes, brakes! How wonderful it is! It's like it's back in 2017 and the game is still difficult. I really hope that there will be no geysers in the DLS on the main map and you will need to fly for water. I don't want a simple game! I like everything about this version, which is. 1000 cycles and you need to develop a base for space flights. Space is needed! Space is now a source of resources. That's cool! A challenging game is what you need! Thanks for reading!

Quick note to devs:
Got invite into alpha but noticed it only because wanted to play original game and there were no "continue cycle xxx" or whatever it is and when I wanted to load my specific save it said "this save cannot be loaded because you have DLC installed" which confused me. 
I searched my Gmail and , indeed , I got email but it went into "Promotions" category which does not have notification and is considered as semi-spam folder
The "TESTING OF UPCOMING PROJECTS" on this site also did not show anything.
Otherwise - thank you! Do not have much time on workdays , but giving it a quick look it looks like it works much faster , but game itself is capped at 40fps, I don't remember if that is normal or not. Will do more testing during weekend, keep up great work:)

17 hours ago, kmidt said:

Thanks Klei for inviting Alpha testing. I like the DLC ver much. But i need bigger Maps ;). Iam a big Colony builder. But the maps are too small !!

I dont think we are going to see bigger maps... i suspect that ONI simulation relies heavily on single thread performance of CPU which is limited to say at best... By spliting your colony to multiple asteroids, they could actualy run each asteroid on different core of your CPU which would boost performance like crazy. This allows player to build more stuff before whole game halts to freeze, but single asteroid can not be bigger than in base game. It is a compromise but very VERY clever one. At least i hope that is whats being done with DLC here.. If not, devs PLEEEEAAASE look in to implementing it this way. ;)    ...but you most probably allready had anyway. :D

Archived