Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

Several players have contacted me regarding their registration. So far, none of them made in under the 48 hours mark I mentioned earlier. 

However, I have added another 1300 players, which all told gets us about half way through the list! 

Stay tuned, we'll be adding even more tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Several players have contacted me regarding their registration. So far, none of them made in under the 48 hours mark I mentioned earlier. 

However, I have added another 1300 players, which all told gets us about half way through the list! 

I got in! Thank you Joe

No luck here either.  Too bad the base game is amazing and running through another colony for a week to get some oni refresher in isnt a problem.  Kinda like its always fun to find a new ridiculous way to die in dont starve :).  Have 4 more days of class before winter break  would spend all of my sweet sweet free time testing :) 

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Thank you for everything ! Still have'nt got in but i'll wait :) Thanks for adding so many people

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Thanks! You are really my angel!~~:angel:

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

@JoeW I registered exactly 1 week ago and still haven't received the alpha test. Is this how it should be?

I applied for an alpha test and it says as follows.

Status: Registered. We will notify you if you have been selected to participate in this test.

I have made public the list of games I have in my Steam Profile.

What should I do to change to?

Let me know.

So this is what the e-mail looks like if you get one:

Thank you for your interest in testing the Oxygen Not Included DLC Closed BETA. You have been selected to join us for limited exclusive closed testing. First, a few things to note:

- Your steam account has been granted special access to the DLC on our private test build.
- At the conclusion of this closed beta the DLC will be removed from your account and the private test will no longer be available.
- There will be bugs. We want to know about them, and we hope to not inconvenience you too much, but if you are easily annoyed by game breaking issues, now is not the time to check out the game.
- You are welcome to talk about the content of this beta. You are welcome to take videos and discuss your impressions, but we ask that you also include that this is an early closed beta build and everything is subject to change. If you stream this, please include this information on the stream.
- Please, send us your feedback on our official forums. Report bugs, let us know what you like and let us know what you don't like. Feel free to just share your experience with the game with other players on the forum, we'll be reading that too. The more information about your experiences, the better.
- Note, many balance issues will exist. We like to start with loose balance and then tune in the experience from there. Please let us know how you feel and we'll decide if that's shaping up like we are hoping and then adjust accordingly.
- Remember, this is new. Things are going to be different. Some of the things you are used to are going to be a bit different now. Let us know what you think, but please give things a chance first.
- Finally - Have fun.

If everything above does not scare you and this all still sounds like fun, it's time to dive in. Simply head over to Steam, download the DLC and play!

REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL BOX, that's where the confirmation email appeared for me.

Please also notice that nowhere in the email are there any links or attachments. Klei obviously handles the passing out of DLC access MANUALLY, THEMSELVES. Remember too, Klei doesn't need any more information a second time; you already had to link your steam account to your klei account, Klei already has what they need if you signed up through the original post and registered fully. If you get an email from "suspiciously not klei" and it has an attachment or link, or a request to "gib steem name and passwerd" leave the attachment closed and the link ignored; report the email as the phishing scam it is and/or delete it. Klei employees should never be asking you for your passwords, as if they do they're probably not employees (and won't be employees for long if they are!)

Spoiler

No i'm not posting this to torture you with the information that "I got in" and you didn't, stop that. This has been your cyber-security reminder.

16 hours ago, ATM Reaper said:

I never get selected for this type of thing so unfair :apologetic: I need new ONI in my life I love this game...... If you let me into alpha I 100% promise, blood swear, solomnly decree, hand on heart will say thanks, no really I will.......

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :P See I told ya.....

1 hour ago, MavadeK said:

Oh no, I just found out that I have set Steam privacy settings to hide list of owned games long time ago. If this means "limited Steam account" than I am probably already filtered out of waiting list. :cower:

From Steam directly : 

Limited User Accounts
Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features that are commonly used for spamming, phishing, and other abuse. 

Why are these features not available?
Malicious users often operate using dummy accounts that have not purchased any games, items, or wallet credit. In order to make it more difficult for these malicious users to spam, scam, and phish other users, we restrict access to certain community features until an account has spent at least $5.00 USD in Steam.

Your account is not marked as Limited User Account in case you have bought at least something worth of 5$ on steam in history.

Lets keep hoping to get in ;)

Archived