JoeW

Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

Loraty    47

Is it over now? Or is there one more week of invites? The post says "next Friday" which can mean either the very next Friday or the Friday next week.

feradin    7
1 hour ago, Loraty said:

Is it over now? Or is there one more week of invites? The post says "next Friday" which can mean either the very next Friday or the Friday next week.

Following basic rules i belive if he had written This friday, it would be today, next friday would be next week.
tho this is just speculation.

watermelen671    19376
7 minutes ago, JoeW said:

About 10k so far have signed up so far that are valid. Many don't own the game or otherwise don't qualify. (Steam limited accounts)
We'll be getting through a good portion of the remainders next week.

Ah, that's neat. That's also around the same amount of people that signed up for the Hamlet Beta.

I guess we're just a bunch of really excited bug testers. :wilson_dorky:

• Like 1

sirnumbskull    14
44 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I went sequentially for the first couple days and then entirely random after that - as noted throughout the thread. Those that signed up within the first 48 hours, you have been added if they qualified. It stands to reason that content creators, looking for content would have signed up early. 

If we were looking to drum up hype, it wouldn't be this way. Specifically we are trying to keep it as low key as possible while also getting a decent number of people to check it out so we can find show stopping issues for early access. We didn't even post about it on steam. After we close the beta, there will be plenty of people upset that they didn't even know it was happening. 

I will be letting more people in starting Monday. 

About 10k so far have signed up so far that are valid. Many don't own the game or otherwise don't qualify. (Steam limited accounts)

Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff when/if I get in. Don't let the salty people get to you :)

• Like 2

feradin    7

@JoeW

Just wanted to commend you on the openess you guys have been during this, as you have told us your method of choosing, the amount chosen, and even the total amount of sign ups.
Thank you :>

Nothing is more frustrating than being held in the dark

Edited by feradin
  • Like 3

I_Link_I    631
20 minutes ago, feradin said:

Just wanted to commend you [...]

I couldn't say it any better.
This is one of the many reasons most  of us hold Klei in such high regards.

• Big Ups 1

serpent    34

lol i get that people are upset but saying this isnt an alpha but instead a way to promote the game is just ridiculous.

like first of all neither has to be mutually exclusive, and to get upset for a potential 3 week period untill everyone gets to play? come on man the entitlement is real with some of y'all.

its not even a question how this is an alpha, a lot of the game isnt even playable or temporarily disabled from what i've seen so far. smaller maps, less geysers. a lot of elements temporarily removed or disabled. 

just chill tf out and wait another week lol. 

that said i do hope they do better for this dlc than shipwrecked or hamlet... still a lot of stuff missing in there where DST gets all the love... but ONI has nothing been other than quite amazing with free updates so bring it on!

ddoc    4
2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Those that signed up within the first 48 hours, you have been added if they qualified.

im sure i signed up with in the 1st 48hours and i have not been accepted, just curious as to why since i own ONI bought it in Feb 2017 so what else would i need to qualify ?

beowulf2010    674
2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Thanks for the update and sorry some people have been a little... Pushy? 

zzzde123    0

非常高兴看klei团队会有新的dlc出现,我非常喜欢你们制作的这款游戏,然后希望能参加 alpha测试 dlc 。该如何申请进行测试呢?

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

I went sequentially for the first couple days and then entirely random after that - as noted throughout the thread. Those that signed up within the first 48 hours, you have been added if they qualified. It stands to reason that content creators, looking for content would have signed up early. 

@JoeW I also signed up within the first 48 hours (roughly 36 hours after this thread went live I believe) with my Steam account (which is not limited, have purchased much more than $5 on it). I own the base game (purchased March 2017). I believe some people had an issue where they needed to verify their email address but I have never had that status, it has always been Registered (or as it is currently, Registered. We will notify you if you have been selected to participate in this test.)

Is there some other reason why my account may not be valid then?

JoeW    35899
1 hour ago, megalogeorge said:

@JoeW I also signed up within the first 48 hours (roughly 36 hours after this thread went live I believe) with my Steam account (which is not limited, have purchased much more than $5 on it). I own the base game (purchased March 2017). I believe some people had an issue where they needed to verify their email address but I have never had that status, it has always been Registered (or as it is currently, Registered. We will notify you if you have been selected to participate in this test.)

Is there some other reason why my account may not be valid then?

I can check into it Monday - DM me your steam ID so I can take a look. 

• Health 1