Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

30 minutes ago, geniusthemaster said:

its k bro i reported you for fishing forf dlc. havea nice warning

I'm still confused. I signed up and I'm still eagerly hoping to be allowed access to the testing, and none of the files I asked for will allow me to play the DLC. What are you going on about my guy?

this feels more like it should be an update, rather than dlc. i don't mean to be rude but introducing space travel in the midgame and changing basing as a whole seems like it should be a regular update. this is my personal opinion though so take this with a grain of salt. but anyway it looks amazing and i hope im able to beta test it

8 minutes ago, hrrng need cram said:

this feels more like it should be an update, rather than dlc. i don't mean to be rude but introducing space travel in the midgame and changing basing as a whole seems like it should be a regular update. this is my personal opinion though so take this with a grain of salt. but anyway it looks amazing and i hope im able to beta test it

IIRC the space overhaul is being added to the main game, the radioactive stuff is the DLC.

58 minutes ago, geniusthemaster said:

its k bro i reported you for fishing forf dlc. havea nice warning

@watermelen671 isn't doing anything wrong - he just wants to see some of the art. If you think somebody is doing something they shouldn't - please just report it and move on, you don't need to give them a hard time about it. It's not constructive or helpful. Thanks. 

• Developer
1 hour ago, cpy said:

So when can we buy or preorder this DLC?

Check out the first post in this tread:

As always, we're dedicated to making a great game and not rushing things out the door, and we want to make sure that you all have a chance to help with the development of this game. We're going to run this alpha for a few weeks until the DLC is stable enough for general play. At that point, we intend to release Spaced Out into Early Access, as we did with the Oxygen Not Included base game.

6 minutes ago, rafker said:

Чувак, я проверял обновления каждый день и все еще как-то пропустил ОТЛИЧНЫЕ новости

I assure you you are not the only one

Hello. So I got an email saying I was selected for the pre alpha testing and it say 

Instructions to access this build can be found below.

But there are no instructions, am I missing something? Is this the right place to ask?

Will Klei allow for "old versions" on Steam, similar to how Europa Universalis 4 does? For those who would like to play again with a big, single colony.

For those who don't know - in EU4 it is possible to select game version and play as it was in an update X (by selecting a specific "beta"), rather than the newest version.

Guys, I don't think begging and bragging on how many hours played you have is going to get you an invite. Klei simply wants a pool of testers doing smoke tests to catch any potential critical issues before going to early access. Your experience doesn't matter.  I doubt they are going to invest time into vetting "potential candidates", and I don't think anyone cares about your in-game accomplishments. Even if they did they would have invited you way earlier.

Balancing, theorycrafting etc. will be done during EA. That's where your insight might be useful. But now they just want to make sure the game works. It doesn't matter whether you are seasoned veteran, or a new, casual player. They probably want the game played in various configurations, so varied playerbase is preferred and randomly selecting people achieves that.

3 hours ago, Procne said:

Will Klei allow for "old versions" on Steam, similar to how Europa Universalis 4 does? For those who would like to play again with a big, single colony.

For those who don't know - in EU4 it is possible to select game version and play as it was in an update X (by selecting a specific "beta"), rather than the newest version.

spaced out is a DLC so I am assuming yes.

I feel like it will die tho if they don't balance out the steel production for whats its needed in space, its like playing another game when you get 30k steel, also starmap is really boring in the base game, this DLC actually is dodging these issues.

For improving the base game, I'd say make a middleware material between steel and gold amalgan and for the starmap I just don't know something really good, maybe change the art and add 5 6 destinations in close proximity instead of 2, and for further distance just add more critters, plants and some sort of ceramic, at least 5k per rocket.

This DLC seems to kill the base game because there is no painful mid-game. I spent around 800h in this game but many times I lost interest when I was thinking I need to burn 3 4 more days to really enjoy the space part.

I think you will get used to the DLC and forget about the base game on playing a serious run where rewards of space age is just too underwhelming comparing with the DLC.

4 hours ago, Procne said:

I cant see why would you need an old version for that. I mean, custom map with starting asteroid being big enough and having multiple biomes would basically be same "big single colony" without the need of keeping old versions - you can just colonize you first asteroid without going into space. If you dont mind a fresh start, for sure.

23 hours ago, Mycast said:

hello the bugs for alpha dlc I can put them here I have a bug on the steam turbine and aquatuner

there are several problems

1 my steam turbine does not provide enough water compared to what it sucks, which means that I have to put water back into the installation regularly (on the base set the installation works very well)

2 with the circuit breaker to the right of the picture I have tin the circuit that feeds my aquatuner it these well stop the temperature of the room was at 200 degrees my aquatuner and steel the temperature of the room to start to rise to try to cool it down send several ton of water to polute at 9 degrees in it and it continues to rise I reached 320 degrees

I don't use the debug mod to see the real test

Reveal hidden contents

alpha_3.thumb.png.bdfc976af247a82f7cdd77e620cbe67c.png

sorry i use google translate to write to you

Assuming you are right and it is not bug in your build, I wonder if is it enough mass deletion, so it's actually possible to do heat deletion with aquatuner without usage of steam turbine... However it wont be this fun, as it would be power costly :(

1 hour ago, ZnSstr said:

spaced out is a DLC so I am assuming yes.

It has already been stated that the DLC will have impact on the base game, it has to be made consistent with the extra content. That can easily mean breaking existing builds with the base game upgrade.

50 minutes ago, vladimmi said:

I cant see why would you need an old version for that. [...] If you dont mind a fresh start, for sure.

That's exacly why I would need the old version. I would really hate if I had to throw away my existing colony because of the base game upgrade, at the very least I want to be able to postpone that moment until I have all the achievements I was aiming for :)

• Developer
6 hours ago, ggsammy said:

But there are no instructions, am I missing something? Is this the right place to ask?

Sorry, old text that snuck through. Our apologies.

@JoeW ^ Might want to update that with a link to this thread instead.

1 hour ago, Urist McPilot said:

That's exacly why I would need the old version. I would really hate if I had to throw away my existing colony because of the base game upgrade, at the very least I want to be able to postpone that moment until I have all the achievements I was aiming for :)

Oh, understood. Well, you still have weeks to get them! :D As we currently dont have old branches with ONI before every big update, I wouldnt expect it to change with this update as well. Who knows, though...

Archived