A Clever, Snappy Art Thread Title

People post a lot of pictures of Wilson being friends with Webber, or having cute pet spiders. They're adorable and I love them, but I can't help but remember how much Wilson hates spiders in canon. But somehow that makes it even more endearing to think of Wilson as an extremely unwilling spidermom. 

(img)

Spidermom? lol xD Can't be fun when spiders have the size of your head...

OMG XD

You live! Must have had an extra meat effigy lying around, no?

Spidermom? lol xD Can't be fun when spiders have the size of your head...

Nope. Spiders are just. No. I'm with Wilson on this one. But their design is so fricking cute I can't help myself. Wilson's just gonna have to grit his teeth and be that little guy's mommy, though. Cause it is hugging him like nobody's business. 

So, on an unrelated note. 

A new puzzle opened up in the last yesterday ,and because it gave me serious feels, I thought I might as well share my headcanon about the situation in the discussion thread.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/28266-six-feet-unders-puzzle-discuss-thread/page-3

The reaction was...not what I expected, since people seemed to really like it. I mean, to the point where somebody said I should be writing, if I'm not already. Suffice to say, I was a little flustered.

lgr8F7Z.jpg

At least this flustered.

I've never really written any fanfiction of any sort...heck, I don't even really read it. I don't think I've ever really sat down and written a story for fun. And I would just feel so self conscious and worried that my stuff was utter crap that I'd probably delete the darn thing after a paragraph. But the more I thought about William and Charlie's last show, and how cool it would be to write, the more I thought it might be worth...maybe trying? Possibly? I just want some feedback before I actually start anything. Would anybody be interested in reading it...and, more importantly, is it worth writing something that will most likely be explicitly disproven by the canon in less than a month? I have midterms coming up soon, so none of this would be very immediate. But I'd still love some opinions, if anybody has them. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus

omg.

this art..

my god

i dont know what to say

its just so cute

sjdfuwt67ws78yfuh4r

Ah, I see you speak my language, the time honored tongue of " what I say now how do I words". Due to my overwhelming admiration for tons of other people's work, I am quite fluent.

#4t4wu5phy9? uogruy44? 34hbgoer, dkufghise lauhrgoe4. 

Translation: You don't have to say anything. The fact that it made you happy enough to mash the keyboard is more than enough. :-)

Now that is one cute clockwork mob :3

Stoppit, you. No more compliments or you're gonna give it a short circuit.

In my personal experience, I've found that compliments create a feedback loop: the more things are complimented, the more they get flustered, the more endearing they are... it's a vicious cycle.  For example, despite its lack of blood, that bishop has suddenly developed the ability to blush when overwhelmed with praise. Why?

Tumblr_mn8w2wxRXk1s5srbqo1_500.gif

I'm speaking  about characters and other people, of course. Whenever I get a compliment I just sit here giddily with a huge stupid grin because I have somehow fooled people into thinking I can draw and maybe write. The only possible explanation for these circumstances is dark magic, which is slightly concerning considering what happened the last guy who messed with that sort of thing. :/

This week has been nothing but schoolwork until midnight. Ugh. But all that matters right now...is that it's Friday. Friday evening, and I wouldn't touch my homework with a ten foot pole. Unless that pole had a spearhead on the end. Or was on fire. You get the picture. 

Anyway.

People post a lot of pictures of Wilson being friends with Webber, or having cute pet spiders. They're adorable and I love them, but I can't help but remember how much Wilson hates spiders in canon. But somehow that makes it even more endearing to think of Wilson as an extremely unwilling spidermom. 

T6hqcPv.jpg

alright, this works perfectly XD 

spider: " mom, mom, mom, mom, mom :3 "

and poor Wilson just has to be kind to them being defenseless XD

aah... shoo, shoo! eehhhhh, go away! pleeeeease  xKd9p69.png *can't kill it, can't run away from it*

...huge spiders slowly climbing Wilson... i can imagine that... 

Nice art you got here! I never knew you were such a good artist :grin:

...great. You did it. I kept telling people about the compliments thing, and you finally overloaded the bishop. 

Qd0EVPi.jpg

I hope you're happy, you kind MANIAC.  O_O

alright, this works perfectly XD 

spider: " mom, mom, mom, mom, mom :3 "

and poor Wilson just has to be kind to them being defenseless XD

aah... shoo, shoo! eehhhhh, go away! pleeeeease  xKd9p69.png *can't kill it, can't run away from it*

...huge spiders slowly climbing Wilson... i can imagine that... 

Yes. Wilson is the very best mommy. The very best, completely unwilling, horrified mommy. I may or may not have more "family photos" stockpiled. 

a9YJFln.jpg

*internal screaming*

Somewhere, Maxwell is nearly crying with laughter. 

In unrelated news, I may or may not have unintentionally written freaking scads of pages of outlines for a story. A story which I probably couldn't even write/post because we find out the real story with the next update (which would make my version look stupid),  there's no way I could really work on it before I finish midterms in a week, plus I'm also a huge coward. I have already whined about this exact same stuff more than enough already, but it's so much fun to come up with this story things and now I can't shut up about it frickity fracking frick you guys what has my life become T_T

Edited by Sarcosuchus

a9YJFln.jpg

*internal screaming*

Somewhere, Maxwell is nearly crying with laughter. 

WARNING: ADORABLENESS OVERLOAD

SELF-DESTRUCT IN- *Throws off helmet* Oh forget it...

Seriously. This made me D'AWWWWW out loud :grin:

Also, I swear I'm never gonna have an art thread cuz I cant even draw Wilson... o3o

EDIT: Also, yes, I made this post in 5:00 in the morning... Please don't ask me why.

Edited by RainbowRaptors

WARNING: ADORABLENESS OVERLOAD

SELF-DESTRUCT IN- *Throws off helmet* Oh forget it...

Seriously. This made me D'AWWWWW out loud :grin:

Also, I swear I'm never gonna have an art thread cuz I cant even draw Wilson... o3o

EDIT: Also, yes, I made this post in 5:00 in the morning... Please don't ask me why.

OBJECTION! That is no reason not to have an art thread fine sir or madam or other. I drew nothing but monsters for ages and ages, and I'm only just now practicing people at all. I know it seems like a requirement to draw Wilson in an art thread, since everybody loves him so much, but it really isn't. If you want to make and post art, do it! Draw tallbirds, pig houses, rocks, whatever you want! 

And do it at whatever time of day you please. I'm a night/ very early morning person myself :3

And of course, now that I've said all that about not having to gentleman scientist it up in here, here's another Wilson.

Hi ho facepalm, awaaaaay! *rolls into sunset*

I just love the idea of an overly affectionate spider and Wilson going on adventures. 

Wilson can only freak out for so long...eventually he resigns himself to his arachnid filled fate. 

Pffft, who am I kidding. He's still freaking out, he's just too exhausted to react.

tzjedcO.jpg

That spider's face, omg.

Reminds me of Nepeta Leijon in a way :grin:

Mew must be kitten me. Nefur in a million years. 

*coughs*

Wilson's Journal. 

Day 7, post Unconsenting Arachnid Adoption Incident

Subject has begun to release me for short periods of time in order to stretch its legs. Running upon release has proved ineffective, as flight induces leaping behavior in subject almost immediately. These pounces are horrifying and while clearly not intended to cause discomfort, should be avoided at all costs to maintain adequate levels of sanity. Ugh. 

It appears disconcerted by my resigned repulsion, though not enough to release me from its constant clinging and chittering. However, it has adopted additional...unusual behaviors, apparently in an effort to gain my affections. One action in particular involving the rearrangement of its fur in an attempt to match my appearance is particularly ...disconcerting.

6BFN8fU.jpg

I will not pretend to be an expert on psychology, but I am concerned that I may be developing Stockholm Syndrome. Today for a brief moment it actually appeared endearing due to the lengths of its efforts in its desire to please. I am clearly losing my grip on reality. Personal Note: Increase taffy intake, hours of sleep, and stock of dapper clothing. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 3

Awwwww....oh my gawwwwwd.... :love_heart:

IT'S ADORABLE.

MAXIMUM CUTENESS ACHIEVED. BYE.

*Blows up and magically respawns as a robot*

I never thought I would use these words because UGH SPIDERS but...

Fact: DS spiders are flipping adorable. Science has not yet proven why. It is forbidden knowledge. 

I+miss+that+show.+And+Jeff+was+the+only+

Love me dad! Love me!

I'm totally reminded of this when I see Wilson and the spider.

I was going to make this reference I was thinking of it the whole time but I thought no one would get it so I didn't and it was killing me holy carp Unsound let me love you

*cough*

I haven't named the spider yet but now I kind of want to call it Jeff...but what if it's a girl spider? These are the hard hitting decisions that make up my daily life, people. 

I was going to make this reference I was thinking of it the whole time but I thought no one would get it so I didn't and it was killing me holy carp Unsound let me love you

*cough*

I haven't named the spider yet but now I kind of want to call it Jeff...but what if it's a girl spider? These are the hard hitting decisions that make up my daily life, people. 

Oh good! I was worrying no one would get my reference either, haha

Call the spider Arana (Spanish for Spider). And make it a girl :3

Hmm. That's only one letter away from Aranea...and you did just mention Nepeta...methinks I see a connection there, pershnaps :3

Oh good! I was worrying no one would get my reference either, haha

Don't worry, I saw what you did there :D. Made my day, actually. 

I cannot wait for Halloween. Period.

I DARE YOU ALL TO DRAW A CHIBI WILSON IN A SPIDER COSTUME.

I DARE YOU ALL.

*BZZT*

I've got a few other projects running at the moment, including some more crossover art (hint: it rhymes with Kingdom Hearts),so I can't promise anything. Plus, I really never draw chibi versions of people... spiders on the other hand. I love halloween, though. That reminds me, I have to put on my costume *starts to edit icon*

I hate 'cute' things, but it's name should be Arachne, the most generic spider name of all time.

Well, if it helps, the cute here just kind of....happened. It started and then it continued, and to be honest I have no idea why. Force of habit, I suppose. But I have some other noncute projects I'm working on, if it helps.

As to the name...I dunno. Somehow I just really like the idea that Wilson refuses to name it, even though it kind of grows on him with time. After constant exposure for so long he can't help to get used to it, and maybe a little attached, but naming it would be too far for him. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus

I am trying to draw Willow 

it has been freaking hours and now it is really late and I have to do work tomorrow

nothing is working

my only remaining option is to go insane

they are much more fun to draw than people anyway

heh. 

after all

*twitches*

they aRs0 CUTE

ijaO9NV.jpg

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

I am trying to draw Willow 

it has been freaking hours and now it is really late and I have to do work tomorrow

nothing is working

my only remaining option is to go insane

they are much more fun to draw than people anyway

heh. 

after all

*twitches*

(img)

Imagine how cute that hallucination would be as plush :3