A Clever, Snappy Art Thread Title

EVERY. FLIPPEN. TIME.

I've only done it once...when it was new...Wilson junior didn't make it to day two of his short life.......so cute...but dumb as bread when it comes to staying alive...it is as try their hardest to kill themselves...-_-

Preach. I tried once or twice with Wilson, but couldn't stand watching them die repeatedly. Actually managed to raise a teenbird with a well established base...with Maxwell, surprisingly. Perks include shadow clones, nightmare gear, and excellent parenting skills.  

That letter...  :wilson_bearded:

What?

The show must go on, right? 

Old...

tumblr_n1fr85yb9R1skb0sro2_r4_500.png

Vs slightly newer

XHVpSHo.png

I changed the queen's face to suit the ingame model more...as well as abandoning the thick white lines for the legs. But I've been looking at it so long that I could really use some perspective on whether the changes work or not. Thoughts? 

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 5

Old...

(img)

Vs slightly newer

(img)

I changed the queen's face to suit the ingame model more...as well as abandoning the thick white lines for the legs. But I've been looking at it so long that I could really use some perspective on whether the changes work or not. Thoughts?

I'd say the new version. The contrast was too dark in some areas in the old picture, but the way your draw the spider web was pretty cool. It seemed more transparent and sticky. Perhaps apply that on the new version as well?

Also here is a bunny as an apology for spamming you guys with the same tarot card over and over. Forgive me. 

(img)

Come here little bunny, want to eat dinner with me? >:3

Can't believe I just spent all night reading this whole thread, and Miss's comic. so gooood. I recently got back into don't starve and as always I get all into the plot line. It's amazing, truly. Wanted to say I admire your bravery and artwork and I hope to someday be pumping out work too.

(Sorry, I had a bit of a hell week or two at school, so these responses are very delayed. But I'm not dead, I swear. Mostly.)

Trust me, burning them alive really soothes the nerves.

Do you like science?

Of course you don't.  Burn alive, pathetic animal!  Hahhahahahha!

I'm sensing a bit of a theme here. Remind me to never leave you alone with any of these critters. At least until I draw another Firehound.

I'd say the new version. The contrast was too dark in some areas in the old picture, but the way your draw the spider web was pretty cool. It seemed more transparent and sticky. Perhaps apply that on the new version as well?
 Come here little bunny, want to eat dinner with me? >:3

Just about done with the tarot card now...I agreed with you on the web, but man alive are they hard to draw properly. :/ And the bunny would be more than happy to have dinner with you, so long as he is not the main course. Or a side course. Or any course, really. *pointed stare at Battal*

Can't believe I just spent all night reading this whole thread, and Miss's comic. so gooood. I recently got back into don't starve and as always I get all into the plot line. It's amazing, truly. Wanted to say I admire your bravery and artwork and I hope to someday be pumping out work too.

2YAPbBF.gif

IL7BPb3.gif

What can I even say to praise like this. Sort of speechless over here...thank you so much! But if you like to doodle, and enjoy Don't Starve, you can always start an art thread! They can be very helpful for ideas or critique, and I won't tell you how much practice I've had just by scribbling critters for this game. Just keep at it, and I have no doubt you'll be cranking out great stuff in the future. :D 

(Plus, it's always great to hear that other people get worked up over plot too. This is because I am a nerd. Verily. :) )

Wait, the tarot card is done? 

fdY7UXw.png

Holy crap the tarot card is done. 

The empress is supposed to symbolize fertility and motherhood...as well as the more destructive aspects of rampant growth, like ivy that chokes the trees it grows over. Considering the queen's alarming capacity for reproduction, and the rate spider nests can grow and spread when left unattended, I can see why the queen and her entourage were the assigned topic. 

Finally, the last time you guys will be barraged by this picture. I still can't believe it's actually done...I feel like I've been wearing a spiderhat for the past few months, and now I have no idea how to take it off. You get used to the spider goo, after a while. Thanks for all your input and patience in helping me improve this... I'm surprisingly happy with how it turned out- especially those effing spiderwebs, don't even get me started. 

Now, all I have to do is learn how to read tarot cards...

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 7

*suddenly jerks violently awake*

Wha-where- oh right. I have an art thread I've been neglecting. Oops.

Thank you guys so much. I was pleasantly surprised with the end product, so it's great to hear other people enjoyed it as well. :-)

I sunk a lot of time into that card...mostly because I'm completely in love with the mob designs for this game. There's such a great variety, not just of spiders, but monsters in general, and I feel like the main characters kind of overshadow them in terms of fanart. The designs have so much character...I guess I just want everybody to like the creatures in this game as much as I do.

plus I can't draw people for crap so there's that

Oh, and- 

YAY and it looks marvelous!

E0sGNfO.jpg?1

tumblr_m97reiPrxq1qhctsso3_250.gif

This thread has nurtured my love for DS spiders fanart. Thank you.

How did I become an advocate for spiders. How. 

But no, friend: thank you. If I've gotten even one person to appreciate mobs a little more, even if they are spiders, then I have done good. 

I still have so many creatures I haven't even touched yet, but they'll all have to wait until summer starts. Till then, all I have time for is the odd doodle here and there, but speaking of- how about some procrastinating library scribbles? 

UyHpqMB.png

Don't ask me how the Ancient Guardian manages to stay upright, because for the life of me I do not know. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus

G34rDO5.png

WX-78 hates every living thing, but he might have a marginally higher tolerance for musicians pretending to be harmonic automatons. 

"YOUR ATTEMPTS AT MIMICRY ARE AS FEEBLE AS THEY ARE PATHETIC. BUT YOUR EFFORTS TO EMULATE MY SUPERIOR STATE OF EXISTENCE HAVE BEEN NOTED. AS SUCH, I LABEL YOUR MUSIC ADEQUATE. "

Can't believe I missed this one. WX dressed as Rabbit, yes, very much yes.

He is the birchnutter, and he speaks for the trees. Only the birches though, the pines have their own spokesman. 

zBifK2Y.png

And, because it's 3 in the morning the week before finals, an added bonus picture because nothing makes sense and everything is therefore legitimate by default. 

GxHy0eH.png

And they're all huge for no reason. I don't even know. 

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

...has it really been months since I posted here?

Damn. Well. Uh. 

Let's fix that with some transparent evil flower designs. 

GIYd63m.png

I have a mini headcanon that all evil flowers are the same species, but with insane (heh) amounts of polymorphism due to mutation by nightmare fuel. So the same parts of the flower, like the stamens, sepals, and petals, may retain their color, but look very different depending on the individual in question. 

Who says science and magic can’t get along? 

• Like 4