Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

[Game Update] Cloud Save Preview - 438694

krop    107
26 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi friends!

Another update to the preview branch with a focus on smoothing out some of the failure cases and inconsistencies in cloud save migration. As always, we're grateful that you take the time to check out the preview! For a feature like this, many of the bugs only show up in very particular combinations of OS and save state, so it's extremely helpful for us to have this code run on a variety of machines!

Take care!

Typo in the changelog: « Upgraded the Unity game engine to the latest LTS verion »

• Thanks 1

krop    107

Also, this string cannot be translated:

Screenshot_20201106_001634.png.706975e407df9b32b2dbe9c1fc582d19.png

neither can the 'BACK' button on the colony preview screen

Oh and the game crashes when moving the mouse hover the tamed creature number on the colony daily report screen

Edited by krop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alpe12    145

You guys should spend a few months going through all bugs in the forum to see if they are actually already fixed.
Maybe the suggestions subforum too.

• Thanks 2

Gurgel    2211
5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Remove Sushi from the codex since it was removed from the game long ago

Finally! I have been waiting for this sooooo long! ;-)

• Like 1

OxCD    752
8 hours ago, Alpe12 said:

You guys should spend a few months going through all bugs in the forum to see if they are actually already fixed.

I can tell you already many are not. I've personaly some dragging on for months, could be a year. And I'm a bit tired of raising the most gamebreaking ones up.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

pether    578
10 hours ago, Alpe12 said:

Rome wasn't built in one day. They are aware of them and they fix the bugs, but it takes time.

Also, random newbe player is mostly not aware of the bugs and he would think that KLEI doesn't work on the game if they only fixed bugs. They must balance this and sometime add some new content.

About suggestions - one of the ideas there was to implement nuclear power. That's what they are doing for the last half year, maybe more. Also - automation pack included many many many of our suggestions, I felt like the pack contained only sweepy and ribbon as an excuse to implement few mods and suggestions into main game. I loved that!

Gurgel    2211
2 hours ago, OxCD said:

I can tell you already many are not. I've personaly some dragging on for months, could be a year. And I'm a bit tired of raising the most gamebreaking ones up.

ONI really does not have any "gamebreaking" bugs. But here is a hint: Hyperbole will get you ignored pretty reliably.

OxCD    752
1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

ONI really does not have any "gamebreaking" bugs. But here is a hint: Hyperbole will get you ignored pretty reliably.

Well, another hint leads me to think that we both don't play the same way. Some bugs led me to quit playing, as it was so messy and annoying for me. I'm sorry that we don't have the same threshold for what is "gamebreaking" or not.

Nevertheless my sense of hyperbole thanks you for the advice, but I'll keep being super-thankful for this game in so many topic, and still a bit sharp for some flaws that kinda ruin my experience when I go deeper into it.

When I'll not say anything, anymore, positive or negative, about this game, will mean I will not play and not care at all anymore.

Edited by OxCD

gabberworld    51

there are some game bugs like objects can go thro from Pneumatic door what should not happen or like in Dublicant checkpoint duplicant stucks behind there and not move anywhere because navigation tells them go thro what leads them to die from starving

also the timer goes out off sync and need use water clock instead, how this is not gamebreak bug when it starts show wrong time?

or when game autosaves the game and then it just crash  without any error

also that Blackhole eats the game. as they part off game how they are not game breaking? seems more like people not care about bugs and ignores them. good for oni developers as then they not need deal with those

and more the people accept the issues then less motivation have developers fix those

if you talk that everything is fine then you sounds like Momi

Edited by gabberworld

Gurgel    2211

Well, "gamebreaking" has no fixed meaning, but usually the implied meaning is "broken with no or no good workaround" (derived from the meanings of "broken": it does imply something severe).

You can of course use it for anything were something does not work quite right (as it has no clear definition), but then you call regular bugs "gamebreaking" and that just makes the term meaningless and we have the situation of "hyperbole" again. And as I said, using hyperbole is a sure way to get ignored. Nobody likes drama-queens and there is no satisfying them. Hence the smart way is to not even try and to focus on the users that can report a bug without the need for drama.

Of course, people going for a lot of drama whenever something is not quite satisfactory is a characteristic of these times and encountered quite frequently. But that also means the best counter-reaction (ignore them) is well established.

I am not saying you go for "a lot" of drama, but there is certainly some of it when using the term "gamebreaking". Because of the predictable counter-reaction, you may want to reconsider that approach. I found that for more serious issues, Klei reacts well to clear and precise error reports that explain the implications of a problem in neutral and non-emotional language. 

minespatch    81961
22 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Remove Sushi from the codex since it was removed from the game long ago.

Wait, what? What was wrong with the recipe?

gabberworld    51
1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Wait, what? What was wrong with the recipe?

wrong with recipe was that Cooked fish have exactly same kcal and require less materials than Sushi. basically Cooked fish made for make Sushi useless

• Thanks 1

Gurgel    2211

Just posted a bug with dupes jumping out of triage cots then immediately getting in again. Repeats a lot. Seems to be new as of this patch.