NSA's Controversy Corner Round 2

NSAiswatchingus

Yo Yo! Let's try this again. I want to open this thread as a safe space to discuss more controversial and current events with my fellow Don't Starve fans. The world is a crazy place and talking things out with people online has always helped me better my positions on different issues and navigate through life with a little less confusion. Everything from Covid-19 to Religion and anything in between. Things will get heated and people will be offended, but this thread is for those that can discuss tough ideas with people they disagree with and keep things cordial. No insults, no personal attacks, and no reporting the thread to be shut down because you don't like what a user had to say. If you don't like it then move on and leave others in peace to talk freely.

Also, no jokes about violence or bringing harm to another individual or group even in meme form. Let's keep it CIVIL.

So, US elections are highly contested. I've watched 12+ hours of coverage at this point between different sources. Something fishy definitely happened in the middle of the night in some states, and I've never heard of ballot counters just being told stop counting and come back tomorrow or even the day after. No matter what side you may be on it's all highly suspect and I hope both candidates will push for recounts or take it to court so there's no question who won. The most important thing we could lose this election is the last shred of credibility our system has. Still no riots so I'm glad about that, but we'll see what next week brings when hopefully a final verdict is made. 

I don't think it needs a whole new thread, but I finally hit 1000 posts and can give myself a title. That's about as lame as giving yourself a nickname. I'd rather turn it over to the other forumites and have a title bestowed upon me. Whoever's suggestion for title has the most reactions at the end of the week will be what I set the title to. 

44 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

currently a police officer who infamously violated quarantine protocols by holding a birthday party has not only not been persecuted, but has also become the chief of police for the entire country.

Wait who's this? Do you have a story you can link? 

My first thought is if the officer was arresting or fining others for gatherings then that's hypocritical. If they weren't on board with the lock downs altogether then I have less of an issue with it. 

12 hours ago, A Random Furry said:

Honestly, I just wanna say this

Screw political extremists. Calm down and except some things as what they are

Also OJ did it

All extremists are bad, but sometimes to accept things as they are is to give up hope that things could be better. 

Correction: All extremISM is bad. The extremISTS on all sides may not be bad people. Just swept up in consequential ideologies. 

Also, OJ's son did it. 

Wild day in Washington D.C. huh? I watched as many live streams as possible during and more after. It really looks like people were let past barricades and into the building by police. Up until the Ashli Babbitt gets shot it seems like everyone is kind of on the same page. Aside from that I really didn't see much more violence than the average mosh pit. It's crazy seeing the backlash the next day calling what look liked Florida tourists insurrectionists. 

5 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Wild day in Washington D.C. huh? I watched as many live streams as possible during and more after. It really looks like people were let past barricades and into the building by police. Up until the Ashli Babbitt gets shot it seems like everyone is kind of on the same page. Aside from that I really didn't see much more violence than the average mosh pit. It's crazy seeing the backlash the next day calling what look liked Florida tourists insurrectionists. 

Wait, I'm confused as I haven't been looking at the news for a good while.

Can I get a quick summary of what's happening?

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Gamestop Stonks controversy discuss? I think we may be witnessing something big. Whether it's the little guy striking back or a ploy to usher in digital currency, no one can deny it's interesting. 

Very excited but now have to avoid Robinhood. Was planning on using them until Google removed their negative reviews.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Very excited but now have to avoid Robinhood. Was planning on using them until Google removed their negative reviews.

I was too until Robinhood stopped letting users buy more GME stocks AND selling stocks without people's consent. The irony is next level.  ROBINHOOD is being used to get money away from rich and back to poor(ish), but once that starts they put a stop to it. I guess that company name was just for show! I'll never use Robinhood or any other app that go against the people on this one. 

12 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Gamestop Stonks controversy discuss? I think we may be witnessing something big. Whether it's the little guy striking back or a ploy to usher in digital currency, no one can deny it's interesting. 

I think watching a bunch of rich people wet their pantaloons because they can't buy their 40th yacht is hilarious.

As for digital currency, has anyone even carried cash since the pandemic started? Didn't needs stonks for that one.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

As for digital currency, has anyone even carried cash since the pandemic started? Didn't needs stonks for that one.

True. I mean the U.S. dollar being totally replaced by a new digital currency. Not likely, but I've read people saying it's a possibility. 

On 1/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, Monkey Cups said:

s for digital currency, has anyone even carried cash since the pandemic started? Didn't needs stonks for that one.

My father does. Except for masks, Wilson, North Carolina doesn't have harsh lockdown regulations like the bigger cities. 

While generally I oppose the Trump admin due to various reasons something about his post-presidential impeachment trial just feels off to me. Like they're kicking him while he's down

On another note, a known accord preventing the Philippine Armed Forces from entering the University of the Philippines'campuses was lifted quite some time back apparently because the best university in the country also produces the most communist insurgents

what hurts is seeing that the public is largely indifferent to rallies and airing of public grievances because apparently just performing your civic duties of paying taxes and voting while not becoming politcally involved or remotely concerned for the welfare of the country is a-okay even if the state of the country is riddled with cancers.

also it enrages me that a vast majority of people in public wear face shields but hike them up their foreheads because they get uncomfortable, effectively defeating the purpose of the mask in the first place

Archived