Nikki Darks

Let's talk about Walter's design inconsistency.

Lumberlocke    1296

and now I'm noticing the two entirely different hair styles. From the side by side comparison they almost look like entirely different characters. Walter's in-game appearance looks so much younger than his animated short counterpart's teenager look. :distant:

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 4

Nikki Darks    440
Just now, Lumberlocke said:

and now I'm noticing the two entirely different hair styles. From the side by side comparison they almost look like entirely different characters. Walter's in-game appearance looks so much younger than his animated short counterpart. :distant:

Oh gosh, yeah the hair as well, and now that you mention it, he DOES look like he's of a different age....

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

ZeeDragon    2296

I didn't really notice it until ya pointed it out, but it's the same thing with that weird bit of hair on the back of Wilson's neck. It shows up in cinematics but not in-game. It's not too big of a deal, just a goof up in most cases. Or just how a artists cinematic design of the characters is slightly different than others. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

Nikki Darks    440
1 minute ago, ZeeDragon said:

I didn't really notice it until ya pointed it out, but it's the same thing with that weird bit of hair on the back of Wilson's neck. It shows up in cinematics but not in-game. It's not too big of a deal, just a goof up in most cases. Or just how a artists cinematic design of the characters is slightly different than others. Nothing to worry about.

See hairstyle is one thing, but this is his bone structure in terms on anatomy.

Changing the lines of someone's bone frame is equal to sawing down their jaw/skull.

It's bothersome because it isn't just some lines ON his face, it's lines that FRAME his face, giving him a look of a different person. If you saw his hairless silhouette, or even WITH the hair, it'd be really weird.

DaZoul    1947
6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I just wish I had a chin even a quarter as magnificent as his. It's been keeping me up at night, I feel very emasculated.

Be happy with what you have. Some people can't afford chins at all. Their top jaw just... ends.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Wardin25    1033
11 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Be happy with what you have. Some people can't afford chins at all. Their top jaw just... ends.

maxwells hogging all the chin power

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

The cinematics in this game tend to change the overall "looks" of characters, simply because of the artstyle difference.

But even with the drastic artstyle changes, you still see the characters looking like themselves....

But one of the character doesn't, in my opinion of courseimage.thumb.png.cc849cd4b41573e3b0985c34b7aaa2fb.png

Walter's cinematic showed us his design way before we could see his ingame look, and might I say.... Something as simple as angles can really screw up a character's core design.

The sheer fact that Klei changed his entire facial/skull anatomy by changing the directions of the lines that frame the 2 sides of his face.... Is really something.

It makes his eyes look like they're too close to the ends of his face, and makes his jaw look wider than it is. To me this difference just makes him look extremely different.

I wanna hear your opinions on this? Is it actually noticable, or should I go to bed?

I don't think this is nearly as bad as Woodie who's character select splash art has a completely different hairstyle and an eye style similar to Wilson and Winona rather than Wendy and Willow. His cinematic design looks like a weird mash between his in-game sprite and the character select art. It's so bizarre because in every other cinematic Woodie has been in they've used his in-game sprite as the base for his look but then when his actual cinematic comes around he looks totally different!