thePHROGsoul

Quest to Take Down Misery Toadstool

Recommended Posts

thePHROGsoul    46

I'm looking for a group to share in an adventure!

I'm an experienced, but casual DST player looking for help from the community to take down this froggy beast. I don't have it in me to bring him down myself; his health is a ridiculous 99,999. OBVIOUSLY, lots of planning, preparation, and coordination are needed here. So, I thought to reach out and see who might be interested in joining my quest. I know he doesn't have the best drops of all time, but If figured I'd ask anyways. Would love it if we have at least 1 or 2 players who've done this boss before to assist those who haven't.

Starting a discussion here if anyone is interested! We'll need to work out a time/place to prepare and kill this beefy boi.

All the Best,

thePHROGsoul

Misery_Toadstool.png

Edited by thePHROGsoul
Clarification of topic's subject
  • Like 3
  • Hunger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573

I'll join if you can help with mine! On day 6500+ and no Misery Toadstool kill. I know. I'm a scrub, but ain't nobody got time fo dat solo.

Weekends are the only time I can commit to something (with proper clearance from the wife) so just let me know ASAP so I can get that worked out. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wumpus the 19th    1138

i'd be willing, although i've never beaten him and don't have much idea on my schedule. However, if you want weekend not during OrangE's server stream i'll try to be there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldfart    31

I'll join, never killed him tho but I'm sure we'll manage... Weekend sounds good, just give a heads up... PSN the_bole

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thePHROGsoul    46
1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I'll join if you can help with mine! On day 6500+ and no Misery Toadstool kill. I know. I'm a scrub, but ain't nobody got time fo dat solo.

Weekends are the only time I can commit to something (with proper clearance from the wife) so just let me know ASAP so I can get that worked out. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN. 

Thanks! I'm married too, so I will more than likely set up a time on the weekend as well. :)

I don't necessarily have to kill Misery Toadstool in my own worlds, as that would require a ton of extra time starting from scratch. I'm more interested in killing him with a solid group communicating together. If you'd like to host the event in your game, by all means! I've seen your ongoing world on YT, so I'd be totally down for that. I am also willing to help with gathering the materials/items needed to do the fight right; let me know!

In the meantime, let's see if we can get 4 players locked down for this. Thanks so much!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573
1 hour ago, thePHROGsoul said:

Thanks! I'm married too, so I will more than likely set up a time on the weekend as well. :)

I don't necessarily have to kill Misery Toadstool in my own worlds, as that would require a ton of extra time starting from scratch. I'm more interested in killing him with a solid group communicating together. If you'd like to host the event in your game, by all means! I've seen your ongoing world on YT, so I'd be totally down for that. I am also willing to help with gathering the materials/items needed to do the fight right; let me know!

In the meantime, let's see if we can get 4 players locked down for this. Thanks so much!

Haha for sure! I can easily prep all the weapons, armor, healing, tools, and I already know where it's spawned at. Plus, I've already got catapults and ice flingomatics ready if things start falling apart. It's pretty much a guaranteed success, but I've just never bothered. 

If I'm hosting then I know I can lock down (Central time) 1pm-3pm or 8:00pm-11:00pm this Saturday. Whatever the majority wants. 

If we do it in Welcome to Hamton! I'll definitely be commemorating the event with some kind of shrine. Probably some where in Truff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeClops    533

i can help too, i did him solo as a spiced up wolfgang with panflutes and weather pains, no flingos; i think it's just a longer toadstool fight. Mrrabbit16 is my psn, just specify forums when adding me if it's still on. Time, i have plenty.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thePHROGsoul    46
18 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Haha for sure! I can easily prep all the weapons, armor, healing, tools, and I already know where it's spawned at. Plus, I've already got catapults and ice flingomatics ready if things start falling apart. It's pretty much a guaranteed success, but I've just never bothered. 

If I'm hosting then I know I can lock down (Central time) 1pm-3pm or 8:00pm-11:00pm this Saturday. Whatever the majority wants. 

If we do it in Welcome to Hamton! I'll definitely be commemorating the event with some kind of shrine. Probably some where in Truff. 

Great! I'm getting really excited for this! How about we shoot for 8:00-11:00PM CT (9:00 EST) this Sat, Halloween night?

So far, we have the following who are interested:

thePHROGsoul

NSAiswatchingus

Wumpus the 19th

Oldfart

BeeClops

If you're all good for that time, we just need 1 more player to join our quest. If we can't find a 6th, we'll just go without. Sound good? I think I friended most of you on PSN already. Send me a friend request if I don't already have it! PSN ID: thePHROGsoul

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573
2 hours ago, thePHROGsoul said:

Great! I'm getting really excited for this! How about we shoot for 8:00-11:00PM CT (9:00 EST) this Sat, Halloween night?

So far, we have the following who are interested:

thePHROGsoul

NSAiswatchingus

Wumpus the 19th

Oldfart

BeeClops

If you're all good for that time, we just need 1 more player to join our quest. If we can't find a 6th, we'll just go without. Sound good? I think I friended most of you on PSN already. Send me a friend request if I don't already have it! PSN ID: thePHROGsoul

Yeah that all sounds good. I didn't realize it was Halloween night but I didn't have any plans. 6 would be cool so we can say we had a full team, but totally not necessary. I'll get everything prepped over Summer and get the world back to Autumn by Saturday. 

There WILL be lag starting off, but once we all get down to the caves it'll improve drastically. Shouldn't effect our fight much. 

If y'all haven't yet, go ahead and add NSA_iswatchingus so we can make this go smoothly day of. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573

Small update! I have a feeling getting the kids down for bed Halloween night might take a little longer. I may be on a little after 8pm but it's also daylight savings so I can stay up a little later too. New FOR SURE time: 8:30p - 12:00a. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thePHROGsoul    46
6 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Small update! I have a feeling getting the kids down for bed Halloween night might take a little longer. I may be on a little after 8pm but it's also daylight savings so I can stay up a little later too. New FOR SURE time: 8:30p - 12:00a. 

No problem; I know how that is too! You also have them all worked up from the excitement of trick-o-treating AND eating candy. Take your time, please :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573
2 hours ago, thePHROGsoul said:

No problem; I know how that is too! You also have them all worked up from the excitement of trick-o-treating AND eating candy. Take your time, please :)

Thanks for understanding! Really, if all goes as planned for the raid this will take us about 30 minutes tops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Superwolfkid    1255

Hey, I don't know if this is too late or not but, is there room for one more? I'm not experienced much in raiding bosses but I can fight! I could play as Walter if that's ok.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thePHROGsoul    46
45 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Thanks for understanding! Really, if all goes as planned for the raid this will take us about 30 minutes tops. 

Sounds good. We'll see how things go. I have beaten a number of the bosses in DST, but not many in the caves. We could all do a pre-battle game plan to make sure it goes smoothly/

14 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Hey, I don't know if this is too late or not but, is there room for one more? I'm not experienced much in raiding bosses but I can fight! I could play as Walter if that's ok.

You should be good to join, SWK! I think we still have 1 extra spot open. Send a friend request to NSA and myself on PSN (NSA_iswatchingus ; thePHROGsoul) and we'll add you to the party. Again, we're shooting for 8:30 CT (9:30 EST) on Sat, Oct 31st. I think Walter should be fine; we have nearly a max party for this.

This brings up another thing we all could discuss: which characters we should play as for the raid. Obviously, Wolfgang is solid choice here. For me, I main the DLC characters mostly (Wortox, Wurmwood, and Wurt), so whoever is best for this (most likely Wortox), I can do that. Though, if it doesn't matter much, my main gal Wurt might tempt me :frog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NSAiswatchingus    3573
1 hour ago, Superwolfkid said:

Hey, I don't know if this is too late or not but, is there room for one more? I'm not experienced much in raiding bosses but I can fight! I could play as Walter if that's ok.

Hell yeah man! Welcome to the party!

1 hour ago, thePHROGsoul said:

You should be good to join, SWK! I think we still have 1 extra spot open. Send a friend request to NSA and myself on PSN (NSA_iswatchingus ; thePHROGsoul) and we'll add you to the party. Again, we're shooting for 8:30 CT (9:30 EST) on Sat, Oct 31st. I think This brings up another thing we all could discuss: which characters we should play as for the raid. Obviously, Wolfgang is solid choice here. For me, I main the DLC characters mostly (Wortox, Wurmwood, and Wurt), so whoever is best for this (most likely Wortox), I can do that. Though, if it doesn't matter much, my main gal Wurt might tempt me :frog:

Whatever is fine. I'll probably play Wigfrid since I'm currently her and too lazy to swap. Plus, I want to try out some of these battle ballads. 

If you play Walter SWK, I've got some cursed rounds with your name on it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thePHROGsoul    46

Hi Everyone! We're about to start here! Please check us out on my Twitch channel, if interested. :)

www.twitch.tv/thePHROGsoul

NOTE: I apologize in advance if you here my 10 month old screaming his head off in the background. Halloween was eventful this year!

See you in the Constant!

  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now