Sign in to follow this  
DrMcGillacactus

Wormwood and the plateau

Charlie Dark    4847

Surely it's an other dimension... I think.

The survivors just... found each other using the portal (Now florid Postern) Max and Wilson built. Wormwood could've reached like this, too but... Are all DLC characters really canon? 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Are all DLC characters really canon? 

I like to assume that characters are "canon" once they get into the main game, or are referenced in the lore at some point. (Warly, Wormwood, Wagstaff)

Charlie Dark    4847
Just now, Hornete said:

yes

Oh, shoot okay. Hm, maybe in a different fashion. Since Wortox/Wurt/Wormwood are all technically from the constant itself. I just think I've not seen them interact with our "main" human survivors in a trailer, yet... 

1 minute ago, S19TealPenguin said:

His opinion of Maxwell goes from "Not friend" in DS to "[Player Name] looks frowny" in DST

His quote for the Maxwell Statue has no change, it's always just "alive"

As for how he got onto the DST island, he describes the Florid Postern as a "New Door"

In Hamlet, WW is the only character who doesn't spawn in a balloon crash site. All other characters used a hot air balloon to reach Hamlet and to leave, except WW who starts there (Wilba should probably also start without out a balloon but w/e). It's entirely possible that WW constructed his own balloon to leave, but in that case there should be a balloon crash.

Personally, I think that Wormwood came through the Florid Postern by Charlie's hand. Possibly because she's assembling all the Survivors for her plans, possibly because WW is a child of the Moon.

I quite like that theory. I think i'll go off of that for now. Thanks for the input

• Like 1

Wardin25    720
15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I always just thought that since Hamlet takes place in the skies above DST that Wormwood simply done something stupid like chasing a butterfly mimicking it’s movements and Walks off a ledge, because he is a plant and not human.. the fall didn’t hurt him so he just gets up and walks away like nothing ever happened.

falls off a 15 floor building "Might as well have my monthly fertilization now"

Lbphero    2611
21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwood simply done something stupid like chasing a butterfly mimicking it’s movements and Walks off a ledge

i love this idea of wormwood just...falling off of hamlet mountain and ending up in the constant, but i feel like wormwood's quote for the florid postern would imply that he indeed came through it and that it was a new development for him....or maybe it means that he fell into the "forest" and then only after that did the florid postern appear and all of that happen

• Like 1

Mysterious box    345
34 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh, shoot okay. Hm, maybe in a different fashion. Since Wortox/Wurt/Wormwood are all technically from the constant itself. I just think I've not seen them interact with our "main" human survivors in a trailer, yet... 

Actually wortox isn't from the constant his quotes refer to this.

• Like 1

DaZoul    1628
38 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

in the 2019 halloween ad picture thingy, Wortox and wurt was amongst the survivors, Wurt carrying logs with Winona, and Wortox being offered a candy from Warly. Also @Mysterious box is right, Wortox doesn't appear to be from the constant, but from a different gate realm

• Like 2

Sunset Skye    9708

I don't think the "Hmm... new door" quote has any lore significance. It's just how lots of Wormwood's quotes are, a silly and funny way of describing the thing he's examining in baby words. The florid postern looks like a door, and Wormwood has never seen it until now. new door.

• Like 4

Nino123    291
44 minutes ago, Hornete said:

yes

As I remember, they're "half canon" (as said someone from the Klei's team. I think they came trhough a portal.

Wardin25    720
15 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I don't think the "Hmm... new door" quote has any lore significance. It's just how lots of Wormwood's quotes are, a silly and funny way of describing the thing he's examining in baby words. The florid postern looks like a door, and Wormwood has never seen it until now. new door.

Well, he IS from hamlet, the only place in The Constant we know you can find houses wtih DOORS

• Haha 1

NSAiswatchingus    3547
1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

in the 2019 halloween ad picture thingy, Wortox and wurt was amongst the survivors, Wurt carrying logs with Winona, and Wortox being offered a candy from Warly.

EIOfzn5WwAANWqh.thumb.jpg.9e4f91cfec4d0105cc7bbaffa5edc922.jpg

hallowedpoem_2019_2.png

Canon enough for me!

Edited by NSAiswatchingus
  • Like 3

Wardin25    720
1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

EIOfzn5WwAANWqh.thumb.jpg.9e4f91cfec4d0105cc7bbaffa5edc922.jpg

hallowedpoem_2019_2.png

Canon enough for me!

I kinda wish that they didnt make the mysterious energy part of the update and made a small comic with the new skins

DaZoul    1628
4 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

I kinda wish that they didnt make the mysterious energy part of the update and made a small comic with the new skins

You wish they would've stopped the chain of the update, and just end it all for a drawing?

Wardin25    720
1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

You wish they would've stopped the chain of the update, and just end it all for a drawing?

No, like, i mean that instead of adding the whole unite the altars to spawn the mysterious energy, they left the celestial sanctum like just another lunar carfting station like when they added the celestial tribute, and in a later update addded the mysterious energy with a functionality (Also, so the beard didnt make a 10:01 video talking about it)

bigGMIW    23

13 hours ago, Hornete said:

yes

I thought I remembered them saying wortox wasnt cannon during one of their twitch streams discussing his release. however its been a while and I could be wrong and I dont think they record them all. but that was the only one i remember them mentioning cannoninity. 

Edited by bigGMIW