Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

EduardoAbarca

[SOLVED {in a way}] Tool invisible while equipped

Hey!

I'm super new at this and I've been trying to make this simple mod. Though I managed to make the inventory image and the dropped item appear, I just can't get the tool to be visible while in my hand, as shown in the photo

EDIT [solution]: The content in the swap_farca (the anim one), for some reason, even renaming the thing in Spriter from "entity_000" to "swap_farca" and the name of the animation to "BUILD", generates something called "symbol0" and the regular sprite file when it gets decompiled with krane. The solution I found was, instead of using this code 

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_farca", "swap_farca")

I used this: 

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_farca", "symbol0")

I also struggled to get the size of the equipped tool right. I was trying to use a big png image to create the sprite file, and then I would try to change its size in the Spriter. It doesn't work. At least it didn't for me. I only managed to make it work creating the sprite file using a png the size that I wanted for the tool to be in game.

screenshot.thumb.png.7c39cc7504947faf0aa482d67a6026f8.pngscreenshot.thumb.png.04db49b4c9b6be5b8fb4226d409edb8f.png

farca.zip