minespatch

so how do I make my dupes tidy up locations I want quickly?

Recommended Posts

Tsabo    55

I can't tell whether you mean that you used the sweep command in the bottom right corner and set those items to Lv9 priority, or if you opened the dupe job menu and set "storing" to double-up-arrow priority on many dupes. Other options to improve sweepability

  • Do whichever one of the above you didn't do already
  • Ensure you have empty storage bins which are allowed to receive the material in question (also make sure to tick "allow manual use"
  • Ensure dupes have an access path to the debris and to the storage bins
  • Assign dupe skill points to the "Storing" skills so they can carry more in one go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    79932
9 minutes ago, Tsabo said:
  • Do whichever one of the above you didn't do already
  • Ensure you have empty storage bins which are allowed to receive the material in question (also make sure to tick "allow manual use"
  • Ensure dupes have an access path to the debris and to the storage bins
  • Assign dupe skill points to the "Storing" skills so they can carry more in one go

I made my plumbers have high priority on "tidy, storage, and supply"

(check)

(check) I have storage rooms of bins in my base

(check)

(check)

Gravitas.thumb.png.4c129056550bd58f764fc397e282dd7c.png

 

Hope this helps.

Gravitas.sav

Edited by minespatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    2098

That is one thing that is tricky. What you can do for getting it absolutely done now is to configure some dupes so they are disallowed anything but tidying up and storage (I think) or have everything else on a lower priority, then set the storage to "sweep only" and mark the debris you want removed for sweeping. That usually does the trick. 

Other than that, see what others have said above.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To absolutely make your dupes go tidying right now, mark the debris to be swept, and set the target storage bin to sweep only and yellow alert priority. Dupes will get sweeping immediately. It's also wise to have the storage bin nearby, for a lot of debris it's even worth building a new one right next to the target area.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    79932
23 hours ago, joe3180 said:

put bins near by and set priority high on the bins and they will sweep faster in that area.

I could make bins per floor outside the base?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gabberworld    45

there is mod what speeds up game time allot . if you want quickly then that may help.

note :its very useful at sandbox when test stuff and not want wait forever

Edited by gabberworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 10:59 AM, Gurgel said:

That is one thing that is tricky. What you can do for getting it absolutely done now is to configure some dupes so they are disallowed anything but tidying up and storage (I think) or have everything else on a lower priority, then set the storage to "sweep only" and mark the debris you want removed for sweeping. That usually does the trick. 

Other than that, see what others have said above.

 

 

I use a method similar to this in my base. Instead of using dozens of storage boxes, I just have a dispenser box somewhere in a central location, which is set to priority 9, (nearly) all items and sweep only. Next I have a bunch of dedicated gophers who only do tidy/store/supply tasks. When I've dug out something, deconstructed something or otherwise made a mess, I just order my dupes to sweep the materials there. If I want it done NOW, I order them at priority 9. 

This method stores all my materials in a single huge pile and cleans up areas for construction promptly.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    2098
1 hour ago, suicide commando said:

I use a method similar to this in my base. Instead of using dozens of storage boxes, I just have a dispenser box somewhere in a central location, which is set to priority 9, (nearly) all items and sweep only. Next I have a bunch of dedicated gophers who only do tidy/store/supply tasks. When I've dug out something, deconstructed something or otherwise made a mess, I just order my dupes to sweep the materials there. If I want it done NOW, I order them at priority 9. 

This method stores all my materials in a single huge pile and cleans up areas for construction promptly.

That sounds like a pretty interesting approach. Will probably try to do that in the next colony. So far I always used storage compactors, but putting that "pile" between insulated tiles would also nicely eliminate any problems from the heat in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    79932
11 hours ago, suicide commando said:

I just have a dispenser box somewhere in a central location, which is set to priority 9, (nearly) all items and sweep only.

That would help me a lot. Especially on my next gameplay Saves on bins and room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another advantage of the dispenser method is that you can specifically tell your dupes WHAT junk to pick up and when. Instead of hoping they go and clean the stuff you want removed. The only downside is that you have to issue cleaning orders regularly instead of just building more boxes and having your dupes deliver to them. Another plus is that since dupes only clean up debris when you tell them to, that your gophers will spend more time delivering stuff to machines and whatnot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    79932

Tried the disepenser all materials priority 9 method got me a cleaner space. The bins within the base get the items I want to be filled in while the bins outside keep random debris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valmighty    1

The priority is a bit tricky, but here's the rule:

  • Items on the ground will be stored with storing priority, not tidying
  • Storing priority is set on the storage, not on the item itself
  • If you set a storage to store raw material to 7 and seed to 6, the dupe will prioritize storing the granite etc until it's done, then mealwood seed
  • Items that you sweep manually using [K] command will be stored with tidying priority, not storing
  • The priority on this task will be set on the item, but make sure to have a storage available (indicated by the color of the sweep icon)
  • The task then can be checked in errand tab on the storage so you know who will do it and when will it be done. Unfortunately manual sweeping task still isn't showed in that tab

Knowing this logic, the best way to store is to prioritize the task to a dupe with high supplying (not tidying) so the dupe can carry as much as possible in a single sweep. I personally like a dupe with high strength and athletic (i wait until i get these traits in one dupe), so s/he's super quick in navigating the base to pick up items anywhere.

Do not set storing and supplying both on very high, since it will makes it harder for us to set the priority (will be forced to set priority per item/task). When low on dupes, focus on what you want done first. You can change the priority later. When you have enough dupe to specialize, set someone on very high on storing, and the other on supplying. Storing will prioritize cleaning up your base.

Sweepy dock is useless. He's more of a cute companion than a useful machine. I can only think one scenario when he's useful, that is use it from the beginning. He's very slow and low capacity, but by the time you can build an auto sweeper, he's probably already finished cleaning up the room (wider reach than auto sweeper). The auto sweeper only have to pick the item from the dock.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now