gaymime    4088

what you gotta know about me is i am a sucker for more art, more lore and more love for ds ^^ so feel free to share as much as you are willing~ tell us about your oc!

WesisBless    47
16 minutes ago, gaymime said:

tell us about your oc!

Here's a bit about him, I'll make a proper lore thread in a bit (I'm actually working on his mod now!)
Character name - Cassius M. Cypress, he gave the name 'Wanon' to Maxwell, explanation for why will be given later.
Age - 24, going on 25.
Character lore- Entered constant when he went to look for his father who had gone missing, was tricked by Maxwell into performing a ritual that pulled him into the constant. Maxwell had done the same to his father.
Personality- Eccentric, but compassionate. Loves to play tricks on others. Tends to talk a LOT about people he likes.

Cassius is a warlock, his mother was a witch and his father made a pact with a demon which passed on to him. He is naturally able to use magic, but due to the way the constant works, it's sort of repressed. However, he can use gems as a focus and bring out their latent abilities without really needing to craft anything from them (He can use red and blue gems as if they were staves, and has a special use for the yellow gem that doesn't align with any of it's current uses). He can also improve upon the existing staves, making them a bit better due to his natural magical ability as well as bringing a new type of staff to the table.

I have a LOT more, but y'know. I'll save it for the proper thread.

• Like 1

WesisBless    47

It will! I'm actually working on giving him a special crafting recipe for the gems (Called 'Imbued' gems) and limit it to his specific tag so only he can craft/use them (similarly to Maxwell's codex or Wes' balloons), and then plan to mod all the staves [ :, ) ] with his boosts to them and limit the sanity drain being halved to his specific tag.

WesisBless    47

The plan is for these upgraded staves to be their own prefabs and just use the art for the existing staves (might tweak them later but for now I'm lazy). To explain a bit better, he'll have a special crafting tag ('naturalcaster') and could craft both a normal Fire Staff or his own special 'Warlock's Fire Staff'.

Right now I'm staring at these gems and might need to ask for a bit of help, cause I have the staff prefab code up right now and it's looking like I might want to do the same as they did here for the gems just to keep things organized... though I'm not 100% certain on what I'm doing haha.

WesisBless    47

I got another one for you all! Since it's so close to Hallowed Nights, have Cass' Hallowed Nights skin! I posted this on my insta, too.

hallowed nights.png

Edited by WesisBless
  • Like 4

WesisBless    47

Haha! Prepare for another art dump because I have had too much time lately. Some various other characters, though the one with the plague doctor is a sketch over an existing image (with a few edits of course) for a little joke. The character's name is 'Dr. Wadsworth' and he belongs to a friend of mine.

Anyways, enjoy!

chemical reactions.png

I'll be your star.png

you weren't supposed to know that yet!.png

dost thee hast anie sugar.png

Verdant.png

• Like 4

WesisBless    47

A couple of drawings, one is me messing around with drawing a floating pose and the other is just concept art for an update to my mod. Hopefully I'll have more to share soon!

float.png

monster cass concepts.png

• Like 2

WesisBless    47

Oh! I've been meaning to post this one, too. Sorry for the double-post but I realized I haven't sent this.
It is a bit old, but I like displaying interactions between characters and this was one I had done between Wilson and Cassius before I really started on my mod. I love the dynamic between Cassius being a very magical person and Wilson's rather vehement denial of non-scientific things and how that affects their relationship.

healing 1.png

healing 2.png

healing 3.png

healing 4.png

healing 5.png

• Like 3

WesisBless    47

Hey!! I did a poster for my mod's update based on the Insanity! poster for when that update came out! Here it is:
Monstrous!.thumb.png.214fb5f2999cd094b431ce1089668b52.png
And since it's out, I did a really silly doodle in like a minute just for the fun of it. There was 0 effort put in this.
hahaheeheehoohoohoho.thumb.png.6bd4fbd8895bd490c1a29eac4b234f61.png

• Like 1

gaymime    4088

it is nice but perhaps more small doodles will make it feel less bare and unfinished? there are a lot of blank open spaces which kind of throws it(like maybe an eye here or a bowtie there, perhaps the paws extended? the official klei updates are full of nice little details)

• Like 1

WesisBless    47
1 minute ago, gaymime said:

maybe an eye here or a bowtie there, perhaps the paws extended

Oooh, I like that idea! I was a bit worried that I might make it seem too busy, but little things like that might be nice! I'll give it a tweak now!

gaymime    4088
5 minutes ago, WesisBless said:

Oooh, I like that idea! I was a bit worried that I might make it seem too busy, but little things like that might be nice! I'll give it a tweak now!

haha, never fear making it 'too' busy XD as long as everything flows from one place to another without hitches it is good!

ds_updateposter_naughtyandnice.jpg?w=552th?id=OIP.x6iPdWZcy6Kzyx93800nsgHaNu%26p

• Like 1

WesisBless    47

I wanted to draw something in my more "silly" style but at the same time wanted to draw something a little sad but happy? So uh, have this.
Context: Since I main Wes, I thought it'd be fun if one of the first people Cass met in the constant was Wes. I felt they'd make really good friends, especially since Cass is so doting and doesn't really get hungry that quickly.
That being said, after I first made my mod, I of course wanted to play as Cassius. Funnily enough, hounds were attacking the day I decided to just use the despawn command in the world a bunch of my friends and I were playing in to reset myself and, since I did so fast enough, the hounds didn't attack me. Due to this, I made the joke that Wes died to the hounds so Cass could survive... and that joke quickly became sad after the realization hit me of how that'd actually play out in Cass' lore... due to his dad dying the same way.
There's the background, now have the drawings.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

• Like 4

WesisBless    47

I've been holding off on sending these because I'm always nervous about sending stuff with my fancharacters and main characters, but after the positive responses I've been getting and seeing the behavior around this forum, I think I'm comfortable enough to send them now! Have a small collection of little doodles I did when I needed serotonin and so I made some myself.
Along with these is another drawing of Dr. Wadsworth, and my little lightbug-loving character Wendelle, a few waaaaay older drawings of Wes giving his friends hugs that I have (because I need to stay true to my namesake), and some old Cass concepts I wanted to share.

hugs.png

crumps.png

roseate dance.png

climatology.png

t h e m o mg theM.png

Uncolored Cass.png

the baby mens.png

dear fellow traveller.png

Poke Wes and Webber - Copy.png

Everything Stays - Copy.png

Spider Son and Mime Dad - Copy.png

cass - Copy.png