Sign in to follow this  
ADM

Minecraft Server ?

Minecraft Server ?  

20 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you Play Minecraft ?

  2. 2. Would you like a community server ?



Recommended Posts

ADM    6220

So uhm, I've noticed a lot of forumites are playing Minecraft here, I don't know how many exactly so first of, let's get an idea with the poll up there.
I'm making this thread cause I have a server from the last 3 years and I've recently stopped our last world cause my friends went back to school and have no more time to play MC. :')

As they also play a lot of DST with me, wouldn't you like to have a sort of "unofficial Klei forums MC server" ? We could play together :wilson_love:, it's something I've tried to do around for a moment now but I don't know what DST stuff we could do except mod events and I don't have so much time for that.

 

So what do you think ? Should I make a server for all of us ? I have some experience on hosting multiplayer maps for MC, I've previously made a system so we can have a community world and a custom world for every players on the same server, so you can build whatever you feel like in your place or play with your friends.

Edit : before you ask, the server would have to be vanilla on the last version

Edited by ADM
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeeDragon    1916

I did play Minecraft, but I only had a crappy Xbox to play it on. I lost interest, mostly because many very annoying glitches never got fixed. Yet that was probably because young me didn't know how to report glitches as dumb as that was...also because I usually ended up playing alone.

(Some of said glitches included every time you launched a firework, the game crashed. Keep in mind I really liked to make fireworks and tried to memorize all of the stuff you could use for it, and I did. Or a curious glitch that made activated beacons make a curious noise I can only describe as all of the sounds a note block could make, at the lowest pitch. All at once.)

But that does seem like a fun idea, I've never played Java. (Because I was stuck with bedrock.). So...maybe?

(P.S can we have a "Yes and no" option for the second question or a "I don't really care" option?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHollowKnight    1929

I stopped playing minecraft about a year ago, but then got back into it a few months ago, then stopped again, but since they are adding axolots to minecraft (my favorite animal) I could get back to it easily. pixel art and just building cool things and shenanagins with mobs would be fun, i could see playing again.

 

Edit: I think the reason im scared to get back into it is because ill forget where all my items are in my chests and what i was going to do the next day.

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • GL Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    6220
1 minute ago, TheHollowKnight said:

axolots

I was planning to get an Axolot for my tank like the week before the Minecraft Live they announced everything, I'm still surprised by the coincidence :wilson_laugh: cute animals

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terra B Welch    5673

Considering I only play modded minecraft nowadays and it's usually either 1.7.10 or it's 1.12.2 with a mod that removes attack cooldown.

Let's just say even to this day I am still one of those people who never wanted the attack cooldown.

If a minecraft server were made, I'd likely never join it. :s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    6220
7 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

If a minecraft server were made, I'd likely never join it. :s

Ha well I understand that, I have many friends that have the same issue when they changed the combat system, I like the new one but however Mojang announced and released a couple of snapshot with a future possible new combat update, and the cooldown damage have been removed, instead it's a sort of bonus range cooldown so I guess it's a step forward to make everyone happy, maybe we'll see you around once the update is out but nobody know exactly which one, probably not 1.17:wilsondisappointed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terra B Welch    5673
6 hours ago, ADM said:

Ha well I understand that, I have many friends that have the same issue when they changed the combat system, I like the new one but however Mojang announced and released a couple of snapshot with a future possible new combat update, and the cooldown damage have been removed, instead it's a sort of bonus range cooldown so I guess it's a step forward to make everyone happy, maybe we'll see you around once the update is out but nobody know exactly which one, probably not 1.17:wilsondisappointed:

Any chance of a link to that news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terra B Welch    5673
9 minutes ago, ADM said:

I've only looking into it myself and French websites :distracted:, but the official changelog of the last one (that you can actually try in-game on snapshots) has an overview about all the changes : https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/experimental-java-edition-combat-snapshot-v5

Looking at the changelog, that sounds awful imo. I'd still prefer pre-1.9 combat.

I'm still giving it a pass.

  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    6220

Okay well, I think we have enough players to make an interesting server so I'll start it this week probably, there will be a dedicated thread when it's up and add it to my signature, it will have a whitelist to avoid you know what, and the server IP will be on it with additional info :wilson_goodjob:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    6220

So uhm, the server is pretty much ready in case you were wondering why I've not announced the opening... :wilson_curious:

It's just that I'm looking at the actual news on the game and it seems we're getting new snapshot that heavily change worldgen and add important feature to the game, I really like what the Cave Update looks like so far, we're already having bundles, copper and lotsa stuff with the most recent snapshot so I'll be considering waiting a bit longer before launching the server if we do it on snapshot instead of regenerating a new map after the update, there should be no problem running it on these versions, but the game doesn't have proper retrofit, so the longer we wait, the better it will be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHollowKnight    1929
On 11/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, ADM said:

So uhm, the server is pretty much ready in case you were wondering why I've not announced the opening... :wilson_curious:

It's just that I'm looking at the actual news on the game and it seems we're getting new snapshot that heavily change worldgen and add important feature to the game, I really like what the Cave Update looks like so far, we're already having bundles, copper and lotsa stuff with the most recent snapshot so I'll be considering waiting a bit longer before launching the server if we do it on snapshot instead of regenerating a new map after the update, there should be no problem running it on these versions, but the game doesn't have proper retrofit, so the longer we wait, the better it will be.

Will a superflat world be open? since you dont  get caves on superflat anyway (i think) and its for building without stuff in the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    6220

Yeah sure ! But actually, I was talking about the server problem with some friends recently and I think I've got a good solution to run the server on the last release instead of snapshots. In compromise, I'll only run players custom worlds after the update so we can the old community world and then update it once the caves update is ready with a new map for everyone, or restart the server entirely if we're all okay with it.
So yeah, the server will start probably on this week end. I'll see if I can make a flatworld without sharing the same inventory than the survival world :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this