Sign in to follow this  
JeffesonSemR

beta host doesn't work and when I try to get out beta my server won't start

Hello

I'm using a linux dedi server in google cloud and today I trying to enter in return of them beta with my server just won't loading any server in beta or not

I used that tutorial to config my beta server: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590565473 . And I trying uses he to solve that again and was a totally unssuceful.

I made some changes in the update.sh archive and nothing:

after trying to enter beta: steamcmd steamcmd +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta returnofthembeta validate +quit

after try to get out beta: steamcmd steamcmd +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit

1675204685_Capturadetela2020-10-17224732.thumb.png.fc5cdbdfc7388813d17dbac6477a5cc8.png

I tried remove the DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta folder but after load: sh update.sh well he comes back and still without work

1971170203_Capturadetela2020-10-17225055.png.7f0ddaff6cdd29bb8f7903bf6c9fa777.png

doesn't work in any of them, using htop comand I see only reading "screen 1" and 2 open, but only they and nothing more1872796191_Capturadetela2020-10-17225004.png.c0b9c0e706941e1ca8a23192dc08ab81.png

And only that process loads

Anyone know how to solve that?

Daniel86268    401

Any logs? Cause I have no idea what you did, or what your servers are doing.

Maybe you forgot to change the cluster path from DoNotStarveTogether to DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta in your start script?

cezarica    515

The "DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta" folder is created again cos you are still running the update part to keep you in the beta branch.

This is how I start my shards (dst-start.sh):

#!/bin/bash
install_dir="$HOME/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server"
cd "$install_dir/bin"
# Start DsT Dedicated Server
echo Starting main world ...
screen -dmS "DST_M" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
echo Starting caves ...
screen -dmS "DST_C" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves
#echo Done!
screen -list

and this is how i update them manually (dst-update.sh):

#!/bin/bash
steamcmd_dir="$HOME/steamcmd"
install_dir="$HOME/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server"
function fail()
{
	echo Error: "$@" >&2
	exit 1
}
cd "$steamcmd_dir" || fail "Missing $steamcmd_dir directory!"
#steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "$install_dir" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta returnofthembeta +quit
steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "$install_dir" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 +quit
Edited by cezarica