SnowdropPax

Hollowed Nights Update Time Speculation.

SnowdropPax    158

This post is just speculation that I made for 2 reasons, 1) I thought it was fun, and 2) I always see at least one 'When is the update' posts around this time. Klei can post the update whenever they want so there really isn't any evidence to what I'm saying, it's all just fun and games. And with that said....

I theorize that the update will be on October 29th. The 29th is a Thursday, and as far as I know Klei always updates DST on Thursdays. Another reason being is that Wigfrid's Refresh was introduced close to the end of the month last month, and if Klei updated the game again with the Hallowed Nights update, it would take focus away from the refresh, so it'd make sense that they would plan the update for the end of this month, in order to give Wigfrid her time to shine.  The third and final reason I think the update is the 29th is because according to the website WhenIsTheNextSteamSale, The Steam Halloween Sale is on October 29th. This makes sense because the best time to release a Halloween update would be during a Halloween sale for discounted price. That's good advertising ;) 

That's all the reasoning I've got. Again. this was all just for fun, don't take what I said to be a confirmation of the actual date!

Edit: I was incorrect.

Edited by SnowdropPax
  • Like 2

SnowdropPax    158
5 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

In my opinion, itll be one week earlier, the 22nd

The reason for this, is that the wurt update was closer to that day, and so that the Halloween event lasts more than 2 october days

You have a point. Plus I saw someone saying that it was always the case that the beta comes out 6 days before the actual update,  the beta came out yesterday I believe, and six days from yesterday is the 22nd. 

Edited by SnowdropPax
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Lumberlocke    1178
50 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

I theorize that the update will be on October 29th. The 29th is a Thursday, and as far as I know Klei always updates DST on Thursdays.

I thought the same thing too, up until we started getting some more variety in launch dates, such as Walter being released on a Monday. :wilson_curious:

• Haha 1

Mike23Ua    7736
19 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I thought the same thing too, up until we started getting some more variety in launch dates, such as Walter being released on a Monday. :wilson_curious:

Klei be all like: “Oh they think we that predictable huh? Let’s throw them all off our tracks like a Koelphant that hides its tracks behind a tree in the middle of a forest full of trees.”

But in all seriousness I predict this Thursday otherwise there won’t be a Month of October left to enjoy appropriately Halloween themed content.

I also predict that the reason the event has not started yet is because like with Wurt- The forgotten knowledge update will launch alongside Hallowed Nights.

Whatever the case may be I’m praying for some appropriately spooky skins & belongings.

• GL Happy 1

thegreatJash    662

Somewhere around or a little before a week or a week before would seem more reasonable to me. Since it is a limited time event, putting it a week or two before and a week or two after Halloween would achieve both giving the community a satisfactory amount of time to access the exclusive content, while also achieving the certain spooky theme of Hallowed Nights by putting Halloween around the center of the access time.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    7736
27 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Somewhere around or a little before a week or a week before would seem more reasonable to me. Since it is a limited time event, putting it a week or two before and a week or two after Halloween would achieve both giving the community a satisfactory amount of time to access the exclusive content, while also achieving the certain spooky theme of Hallowed Nights by putting Halloween around the center of the access time.

Last year Hallowed Nights didn’t end until WintersFeast began, so I predict that we will have a little longer then just a week to enjoy spooky mode event :) 

Whisperlisc    4380
44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Last year Hallowed Nights didn’t end until WintersFeast began, so I predict that we will have a little longer then just a week to enjoy spooky mode event :) 

Yep, the events usually are active until the another one starts. I think Hallowed Nights will start on one of these dates: 22, 23, 29, 30. Usually we are getting the news on the event at least one week before the event itself but you never know.

• Like 1

minespatch    78428
1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh... What did I do? 

I'm joking. It seems like when I see that image now, it makes the devs unintentionally hurry like it's a curse.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 1

Charlie Dark    4847
1 minute ago, minespatch said:

I'm joking. It seems like when I see that image now, it makes the devs unintentionally hurry like it's a curse.:wilson_ecstatic:

Well... isn't that lovely? 

• Haha 1

Mike23Ua    7736
7 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh... What did I do? 

Your Queen Charlie right? Well your in control of the content updates and you are devilishly withholding the Hallowed Nights event from the survivors trapped in your world.. and that is EVIL!

You should be punished, I sentence you to take part in a thousand year war between the forces of light and dark. >.>

• Haha 1

Charlie Dark    4847
Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Your Queen Charlie right? Well your in control of the content updates and you are devilishly withholding the Hallowed Nights event from the survivors trapped in your world.. and that is EVIL!

You should be punished, I sentence you to take part in a thousand year war between the forces of light and dark. >.>

Hehe, no... Neat sentence, though. If I ever rp as her it's just... to draw inspiration to add new quotes for the mod. 

• Haha 1

QuartzBeam    2032

Judging by last year's events, Hallowed Nights should come out when Forgotten Knowledge leaves beta.

So the most likely date is the 29th, since betas typically last at least 2 weeks.

Slagger    1151
9 hours ago, zee_dragon said:

It'll come...

-When it comes.

Oh look at that, we have a megabrain in here!

DaZoul    1628
5 hours ago, Slagger said:

Oh look at that, we have a megabrain in here!

I think the movie's called Megamind

Slagger    1151
10 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I think the movie's called Megamind

I wasn't talk about movie but you get the point megabrain 2...

Mike23Ua    7736

Well the good news is it can only be this or next week left to wait... 

Funny story in spoiler below-

Spoiler

I actually opted to NOT buy the THPS 1+2 Remaster (a franchise I’ve been familiar with since it’s creation back in 1999) BECAUSE I wanted to save that Money towards cool limited time Halloween cosmetics to spend in all my favorite games

I figured I can just pick up THPS1+2 at a later time but limited time skins.. those sometimes don’t ever come back. :(

The funny part about all that is- Every game I was wanting/expecting a Halloween skin for has not really had many Halloween skins to offer, and if they did- I already had the in-game currency saved up to buy them without spending any real money.

So the TL:DR- I still have all the money I planned to put into buying THPS1+2 to invest in cool Halloween themed content. 

Don’t Starve Together & Apex Legends being to two biggest ones I am patiently waiting on.

(Apex’s skins were supposedly leaked and if that leak is Legit, they’re all just boring recolors of Last Years Halloween skins which makes me VERY DISAPPOINTED... >:( )

Sooo.. Hopefully it begins very soon & Klei has all the best Halloween stuffs!

CaptainChaotica    5593

Well, I looked at my older screenshots in my Steam folder (where it says the date of each one) and my first Hallowed Nights picture from last year

deathwillowandthefloof.png.8b8db23947ccc0f97f522f0a7c252302.png

was from October 25th, so I'm guessing maybe around then.

Ish.

...Notorious

• Like 2

AlternateMew    616
Spoiler
On 10/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, Mike23Ua said:

(Apex’s skins were supposedly leaked and if that leak is Legit, they’re all just boring recolors of Last Years Halloween skins which makes me VERY DISAPPOINTED... >:( )

I know leakers are controversial. Some people love them for the info and some people hate them for the spoilers and disrespect. But after the Pokemon Sword/Shield fiasco where leakers revealed just how TERRIBLE the games are in almost every way... yeah, I love leakers. They saved me like $100 off of that complete and utter insult to the franchise. Thank your leakers for sparing you the disappointment later!

I'm placing bets on who gets Halloweenified.

Wilson, Willow, Wendy, Woodie, Wicker, WX, Wolf, Wes, Max, Wig, Webber, and Winona all have their costumes. Warly, Woormwood, Wurt, Wortox, and Walter do not.

Wormwood has already been skipped, I think? Wurt only started existing last Hallowed Nights. Wortox could pass any one of his skins as a costume (Same for Wurt and Wormwood, actually).

So I'm guessing at minimum, Warly and Walter. At most optimistic: All of the ones missing costumes.

Edited by AlternateMew
Typo
  • Like 2