FunnGames

Audio Bugs, Endless Shop Music and More - Hamlet (Nintendo Switch Edition)

FunnGames    7

There seem to be some weird audio glitches, some that were in the initial beta release of Hamlet. Like, the sound of flies around manure persisting after picking it up. Also, there's a weird bug having to do with the shop music that plays when in the grocery store. It never stops. I entered the shop once and now the music seemingly never ends. It grows very faint at times but gets louder randomly. Lastly, some other noises, weird ones I can't quite pinpoint also continue to play over and over without what caused them being remotely nearby.

Edited by FunnGames
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JanH    7737

Hi there, sorry to hear that you're having trouble. A couple of questions that may help:

• Does these audio issues happen on multiple, different save slots? Or is it happening to one save file/save slot only?
  • Is this happening to the Hamlet game world only? Or does it happen to DS / Reign of Giants / Shipwrecked as well?
  • Are you playing on a Nintendo Switch, or a Switch Lite?
  • Could you please provide us with a video clip of the audio issue(s) happening if possible?
  • Thanks 1

FunnGames    7

@JanH I use a Nintendo Switch.

The bug involving the persisting flies sound effect for manure also applies to anything else that has flies, e.g. the pig heads on sticks. Also, the bug doesn't seem completely consistent, as sometimes, especially when the manure is placed down by the character, the flies react as intended. It happens in any save and any DLC, but it seems to only happen if they are made Hamlet compatible. Though, in worlds that are not Hamlet compatible, a different, but less detrimental bug exists. Flies don't make any noise at all when an object with them first spawns, until you get close enough for the flies effect to stop, then walk away from the object. 

The infinite shop music bug really is endless. Even when I save and quit, upon re-entering the world, the music is still playing. I haven't had the opportunity to go do a different DLC from the current one to see if the music stops, nor have I been able to build a shop in a different DLC to test the bug there (I haven't obtained the key to the city, nor have I built the Skyworthy, and as far as I'm aware, the Switch Edition does not have console commands to make this any easier). It happens every time I enter a shop for the first time, then the music never stops after that.

I went back to see what that mysterious noise was that kept repeating was and I still can't quite tell what it is. I think it's either a noise a Weevole makes or it has something to do with the Iron Hulk Leg Piece. It doesn't go away if I reload the game, but I haven't seen a duplicate of this bug anywhere else so far.

Hopefully these can help solve the issues.

(The fourth video, with Willow, is the bug without the Hamlet DLC compatibility)

Edited by FunnGames
Further explanation
  • Like 3

Koipa    28

I have exactly same issue on my Switch. At first it was shop music on loop now I hear some grinding gears sound. I think it is coming from aporkalypse clock. Manure sound glitch is old and pressent since Nintendo Switch release back in 2018. As well there were endless loop of dawn chime in shipwrecked (ver 1.04) can someone confirm if it is still there unpatched?

Edited by Koipa

Pascal4bdn    1

There seems to be an issue with Wheeler's pew-matic horn. It happened to me twice that the game crashes while switching between two stacks of item while loading the gun. A big blue WARNING page would come up suddenly telling me in advanced technical codes what went wrong.

Edited by Pascal4bdn

Dude512    1
On 10/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, Koipa said:

I have exactly same issue on my Switch. At first it was shop music on loop now I hear some grinding gears sound. I think it is coming from aporkalypse clock. Manure sound glitch is old and pressent since Nintendo Switch release back in 2018. As well there were endless loop of dawn chime in shipwrecked (ver 1.04) can someone confirm if it is still there unpatched?

The evening and dawn music still loops on shipwrecked for switch

• Sad Dupe 1

Frozy34    1

This bug has not been resolved at that time. I get the Shop music even outside the shop, and the ghost sound from the cavern, everytime I'm in my house, in a temple or in a cavern. This is really annoying. 

• Thanks 1

Artisan87    0

I have the aporkalypse clock noise non stop.  Started after I went into the clock room, reset the clock and the close noise has not stopped sense.  Have closed and opened the game multiple times, been about 30 in game gays non stop.  Tried revisiting the room, started the aporkalypse and the clock noise stopped but as soon as I moved it past the aporkalypse it started up again and will not stop.  Any updates on this being fixed?

Opin88    0

This issue has been bothering me as well. I brought my key to the city to a RoG world and the shop music bug is still present in there. Thankfully, going to the other world seems to have stopped the aporkalypse calendar sounds, but I've yet to build a skyworthy to get back to the Hamlet and see if it'll come back once I'm over there. HOWEVER, on my most recent file, I found the End's Well before the calendar and that thing's ambient sounds are also repeating on an infinite loop, just like the calendar... Not as loudly, so not as noticeable, but they're still there.

Also the buzzing flies audio bug has been present since before Hamlet was added to Switch and sometimes the buzzing flies sound would remain on the manure even while it was in your inventory. I once put some manure in Chester and it started playing the buzzing flies audio, so I took it out and lugged it around in my inventory for a while before moving it to my backpack... Guess what it started doing? Playing the buzzing flies audio! It was quite frustrating, as that sound gets very annoying very fast.

There have been more audio bugs before Hamlet was added as well. A notable one was when this one random area in an RoG world started playing angry ghost audio, even though there were no ghosts present anywhere in the world at the time.

I've taken to turning all sound FX off because I just can't stand it anymore. I'm begging that this please be fixed!

Artisan87    0

Klei released an update a week or so ago.  As far as I can tell it fixed the clock noise problem.  Had to reset it again and once I left the ruins the sound stopped.  Check it out on your games and see if it was fixed there as well!

Thanks Klei team!