my cat went missing

beanboy12

today my basement window was open and both my cats got out, we got one back inside and we dont know where our other one is, and the other thing is that its my sisters cat and that shes really sad now. please send support to my sister, she really needs it.

edit: sorry i put this in general, i didnt know there was an off topic

edit 2:we found her, shes ok. no further need to comment or anything. shes home and alive. thanks for the support everyone

Cats are usually very territorial. I couldn't imagine them going far. Not really an expert on these but I have a couple of house cats myself. How old are the cats out of curiosity?.

Also for future reference, try to keep the DST forums strictly related to DST, however there is an off topic section here that isn't reserved for any topics in particular! I suspect that one of the mods will move this thread there so no point in making a new post over there.

I'm sorry to hear about your cats. In my eyes pets are like family and I wish you the best in finding them!

19 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

do not apologize, that guy was a jerk! the only thing you did wrong was post it on the wrong forum, but even then, it's not worth being a jerk over.

thanks, means alot, were gonna keep looking for her

2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Cats are usually very territorial. I couldn't imagine them going far. Not really an expert on these but I have a couple of house cats myself. How old are the cats out of curiosity?.

Also for future reference, try to keep the DST forums strictly related to DST, however there is an off topic section here that isn't reserved for any topics in particular! I suspect that one of the mods will move this thread there so no point in making a new post over there.

I'm sorry to hear about your cats. In my eyes pets are like family and I wish you the best in finding them!

well only one of them is missing right now, and besides im sorry for posting in the wrong forum, im praying for my cat to be near my home, so we can take her back

2 minutes ago, beanboy12 said:

well only one of them is missing right now, and besides im sorry for posting in the wrong forum, im praying for my cat to be near my home, so we can take her back

Not to give false hopes, but cats like to stick around an area they know is theirs. Make sure people in your neighborhood are aware that the cat is missing and maybe make some signs. I hope you find her soon

23 minutes ago, themightyone said:

Also , if it's dark out , have a flashlight and look for the reflection off its eyes. I found mine a few months back after it escaped by seeing its eye reflection.  Sometimes they just wont make much noise till your right by them.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Not to give false hopes, but cats like to stick around an area they know is theirs. Make sure people in your neighborhood are aware that the cat is missing and maybe make some signs. I hope you find her soon

the thing is that we lost our flashlight and cant find it, and that shes an indoor cat. so she doesnt have territory. i just hope that if we find her tomorrow she will me safe. i dont want my sister to be sad anymore

6 minutes ago, beanboy12 said:

the thing is that we lost our flashlight and cant find it, and that shes an indoor cat. so she doesnt have territory. i just hope that if we find her tomorrow she will me safe. i dont want my sister to be sad anymore

Cats are curious by nature and an indoor-grown cat will run for the outside the moment it can. But when they get spooked (and as an indoor cat, it will get scared pretty quick), will go back to familiar places guided by smell. Leave close to porch/door one of her usual toys and some food, for additional guidance - but cats already can detect familiar smells from very far away to begin with. My best friend's cat "felt" (smell and hearing) him right when he would open the apartment building entrance door (2 floors down).

4 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Cats are curious by nature and an indoor-grown cat will run for the outside the moment it can. But when they get spooked (and as an indoor cat, it will get scared pretty quick), will go back to familiar places guided by smell. Leave close to porch/door one of her usual toys and some food, for additional guidance - but cats already can detect familiar smells from very far away to begin with. My best friend's cat "felt" (smell and hearing) him right when he would open the apartment building entrance door (2 floors down).

thank you, ill use this advice in the morning, hopefully she will be ok since she never got her rabies shot because shes really young and we never had the time, but i hope shes ok. thank you alot

3 hours ago, themightyone said:

Cellphone flashlight ?

to poor to have one

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Check underneath your house. When I went out for a trip and my cat ran out of my house, she went underneath the house while waiting for us.

we did but she wasnt there, she was either in a small portion of trees and lots of spiky bushes, or a neighbors yard

15 hours ago, beanboy12 said:

we found her hiding in some chicken wires, she was stuck and we got her out. she was covered in rain and dirt but shes ok, she may have fleas or ticks but we can get rid of those. no further need to comment or view this post

I'm glad to hear she is home safe. I'd see about taking her to a vet to make sure she is healthy. Hopefully her curiosity taught her not to do that again :wilson_laugh:

Archived