PS4 port fails to load saves from Cave Depth x

hellfish2309

Hi there,

I've owned the playstation copy of "don't starve" for years; however, KLEI has yet to fix this glaring problem... any game session ended underground at any depth will create a save file that the game cannot reload... the percentage loads up to 100%, but drops down to 0%; then after a ~30 sec, the screen is no longer black, but black with the sanity 0 warning all over

As I said, I've owned this for years, you've failed to fix this for years, and the persisting negligence gives me no confidence in buying your other products. The few instances I've seen this reported, it's never been resolved; only a robotic apology that KLEI is unable to salvage the save file. We don't want the save files salvaged - FIX THE GAME so our future save files for sessions ended underground are resumable like your product intends; we didn't pay for game with a fundamental utility that only works under certain conditions

Hey there, 

Sorry for your frustration, however as noted in your previous ticket - this isn't a known issue so we can't advise next steps or take any action to attempt to correct this issue because we cannot reproduce it. 

I checked back through your previous tickets and I do see that Jan replied to you last year with directions on how to send us your save file so we can take a look and properly track and resolve the issue. I think you may have misunderstood the reply, he isn't looking to "salvage the save file" he is looking for your save file so we can verify and track down the source of your issue. 

You can find those directions here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is about Don’t Starve, not Don’t Starve Together, right?  I’m getting a similar bug (in DS PS4) and want to know if the linked faq is right for both since it means I’ll need to shell out some money for a 250GB thumb drive just to report a bug.  I tried with my current thumb drive and the system software says nuh uh.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, AbbyRead said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is about Don’t Starve, not Don’t Starve Together, right?  I’m getting a similar bug (in DS PS4) and want to know if the linked faq is right for both since it means I’ll need to shell out some money for a 250GB thumb drive just to report a bug.  I tried with my current thumb drive and the system software says nuh uh.

yes the bug in question is for PS4 "Don't Starve" Together Shipwrecked from as far back as i remember even buying the game

if you can (1) back up your USB drive files, and (2) reformat the drive in a FAT32 filing system using a PC (i don't know if you can do this using an Apple computer). that might resolve the Playstation OS's refusal to use the drive as it can't transact files with drives formatted otherwise

Archived