Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Starling

Lore opinions from a Maxwell player for the future rework.

Recommended Posts

Starling    13

Greetings, i don't know if any developer is going to read or consider this but as a Maxwell player i would like to share my future expectations. So far Klei was doing amazing job on character reworks but i'm mostly excited for future Maxwell's rework. I've seen people sharing their opinions about how his gameplay could be improved. I don't want to repeat what has been already said. I want to talk about his lore rather then his gameplay. As a fan of Don't Starve's lore  i love Maxwell's backstory, very well written. But for future i would really like to see his character development. How is he doing among others as a survivor, does he still gets his way using his charisma, does he want to redeem himself somehow, does he care for his niece, Wendy? I don't know the answers of this questions because Maxwell usually doesn't appear in new animations. Except Wigfrid's animation but i'm guessing that the animation of Wigfrid's rework takes place when Maxwell was still on the nightmare throne. I'm hoping that in the future rework we don't see throne related things. I don't wan't my favorite character's lore to stuck in the past. Those were my own expectations from the future rework, what are your opinions and expectations? Feel free to share with me! Thank you for reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that William has more known lore than any other playable character, i agree with this. I would love to see an animation that takes place during a time where (at least some of) the survivors are already in the constant. Maxwell would be the perfect chance to do something like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chirsg    544

I wouldn't bet on getting your dream rework. I put out a poll before the wigfrid rework went live and an overwhelming majority wanted new weapon and armor crafts for her. 

Spare yourself and keep your expectations low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr0idealistic    1051
6 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

Given that William has more known lore than any other playable character, i agree with this. I would love to see an animation that takes place during a time where (at least some of) the survivors are already in the constant. Maxwell would be the perfect chance to do something like that 

Maybe it could take place during the train incident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slagger    1972
On 10/11/2020 at 3:43 AM, chirsg said:

I wouldn't bet on getting your dream rework. I put out a poll before the wigfrid rework went live and an overwhelming majority wanted new weapon and armor crafts for her. 

Spare yourself and keep your expectations low.

Wigfrid update was strange bc we didn't even know whe was a singer before it. Would I like it if I know it, no probably. I just hope they don't kill the Maxwell.

And about Woodie, they make just turned Woodie into a new character. He is nice but not Woodie anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    7879
9 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Wigfrid update was strange bc we didn't even know whe was a singer before it.

wasnt strange, we know since she was release that she isnt a viking but an actress playing that role over her sanity

edit: opera actress i mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    3571
1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wasnt strange, we know since she was release that she isnt a viking but an actress playing that role over her sanity

edit: opera actress i mean

Well, we didn't know the opera part I think.

Though that was heavily hinted with She Sells Sea Shells, where Wigfrid was the only character who could distinguish the notes each Singing Shell was tuned to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slagger    1972
1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Well, we didn't know the opera part I think.

That one.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Though that was heavily hinted with She Sells Sea Shells, where Wigfrid was the only character who could distinguish the notes each Singing Shell was tuned to.

Uhmm, that's a bit hard to realize. I mean I didn't ever take a shell in game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    7879
28 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Well, we didn't know the opera part I think.

Though that was heavily hinted with She Sells Sea Shells, where Wigfrid was the only character who could distinguish the notes each Singing Shell was tuned to.

 

23 minutes ago, Slagger said:

That one.

Uhmm, that's a bit hard to realize. I mean I didn't ever take a shell in game 

she is dressed as viking, was implicit xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    3571
8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

 

she is dressed as viking, was implicit xD

What exactly is that in response to? No one ever doubted her being a viking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    7879
36 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

What exactly is that in response to? No one ever doubted her being a viking.

is about being an opera actress. There is 2 opera singer stereotypes, 1 dressed with elegant clothes and the other is dressed as viking

she is not a viking tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slagger    1972
9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is about being an opera actress. There is 2 opera singer stereotypes, 1 dressed with elegant clothes and the other is dressed as viking

she is not a viking tho

She don't have to be a singer to wear like wiking. I mean she could be a theatre or movie actor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    83349

I would love a timelapse cartoon showing his transition from William to Maxwell while ending with his defeated look on the throne. The throne draining him towards the end.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chirsg    544
13 hours ago, Slagger said:

I just hope they don't kill the Maxwell.

I don't think they killed wigfrid for the record, but as someone who plays wigfrid 99% of the time, It wasn't one I expected given my ideas for her to boost the team outside of circumstances that weren't just boss fights.

I don't know what they'll do for maxwell and I can't predict what they'll do with him because what a majority of players who voiced their opinions of what they wanted and expected out of the wigfrid update, they got it entirely wrong. 

It's safe to guess it will be the case with maxwell. The thing with maxwell is there is a lot more to play around with when it comes to his character more than almost anyone else's. They can make him more in tune with shadows, the ancients, give him a larger combat niche while dropping the chores aspect of his existence which may work out, but then you piss off the gofers who actually like to do chores.

Maxwell is perhaps the hardest character to rework. Fingers crossed they don't kill him, I don't expect him to die, wigfrid's update didn't kill her, but I won't say I wasn't disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ0264    203

2/3 of Maxwell will be mostly the same, except the shadow Maxwells

* doesn't start with Nightmare Fuel or Codex Umbra

* passive sanity gain (6.67) & 75 hp

+ nightmare fuel cost 2 instead of 4 dark petals (Maxwell only)

+ knows all tier 1 magic

+ loses shadow chopper but shadow duelist is stronger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites