DonnQuixote

[ERROR] Servers don't showing on Linux (Debian)

ben_tinc    19

Probably not helpful, but I am playing on Debian (Gnome, but why would the DE have anything to do with it?), and it works fine. :/ Maybe a version mismatch? Are you certain that the game (and steam if you use it) are fully updated?

• Like 2

abugher    2

I am also on Debian (Buster), and I started seeing the same thing around the beginning of October.  I use i3 window manager.

I went through some basic troubleshooting with Klei support, but the final word was that they support Ubuntu, not Debian.  Purging and reinstalling steam, the game, and all config files did not help.

There is another Debian user in my house, and she can still get a server list, though.  If I find out what the problem is, I'll be sure to post it.

• Thanks 1

abugher    2

I reinstalled my OS, and this cleared up.  I can now see server listings.

I don't know why a full reinstall was necessary, but it was not sufficient to remove ~/.steam and ~/.klei, or to reinstall the steam package.  My best guess is that this was a result of years of in-place upgrades between major OS versions.  Actually, I failed to specify earlier that my OS is Devuan,  which is technically a different distribution from Debian.  I originally installed it from real Debian just by modifying my sources lists and updating packages.

Anyway, I can imagine there was the potential for an old library to still be installed or some other problem to be hanging around unnoticed, even though DST worked properly for years before this happened.

• Thanks 1

abugher    2

I just started up the game and saw an empty server list again. If I can determine what changed in the last few weeks that would break this, I will document it.

At the moment, I see that one of the three instances hosted on my dedicated server (which happens to be on my local network) is listed under LAN. I would normally expect to see all of them under Online, but the Online list is empty.

Edit:  If I boot another installation of the same OS from a USB stick, and play in that environment, I get the Online server list, including all of my dedicated server instances.

Edited by abugher
additional information

abugher    2

This is logged when the problem occurs, in .klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt:

[00:00:07]: CURL ERROR: (d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net)
[00:00:07]: Failed to retrieve server listings

I have not yet been able to determine what the curl error actually is.