OrdoXenos

Why is Factorio a sandbox without flaws?

OrdoXenos    100

This game has:
-Adjustment of automation of resource delivery
-Strong monsters and their settlements that react to the degree of your development
-Final: for the sake of which you need to do something incredible

And starve should have similar gameplay elements, as if the locals didn’t shout that “this is a sandbox, there should be no ending here”.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 2

mac and cheese    508

*sigh* These threads...

Factorio isn't really comparable to DS/T. They may have some similarities, such as being awesome, but they're just about completely different genres.

Also, I think that hamsters would like Factorio more than Don't Starve: if you put the conveyor belts in a circle, it would look a bit like a spinning hamster wheel.

5 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Plus I think it's still early in development too, so a lot could change. 

It was officially released a couple months ago after 4 years of early access development.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

AutumnsBeast    514

I want to say this before this thread is closed:

You seem to keep desperately seeking for attention. I do not usually comment in post like these, because I know they are mostly trolls or people like you that doesn't understand that a game doesn't revolve around you. Don't Starve has their own meaning and its own way to be, the game serves its purpose, it doesn't matter if other sandboxes have achievements and endings, Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are a different experiences, and comparing them with Factorio or other sandbox games is, as they already said, compare apples and oranges. I know there are things that are rusty and need to be fixed, but most of what you are saying is to change the bases of the game, and that is not what Don't Starve needs.

Edited by AutumnsBeast
Some typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Duck986    785
8 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

This game has:
-Adjustment of automation of resource delivery
-Strong monsters and their settlements that react to the degree of your development
-Final: for the sake of which you need to do something incredible

And starve should have similar gameplay elements, as if the locals didn’t shout that “this is a sandbox, there should be no ending here”.

don't starve isn't a game about fabricating resources and automation, it's a game where you try to survive and where your game ends after dying.

the only thing dst should borrow from factorio is cliffs, which can be destroyed with gunpowder, so this will stimulate players to collect nitre and make this explosive thing to destroy cliffs and expand their base, imho. everything else is just excessive and won't make a great addition to gameplay.

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

KeshS    4019

So almost everyone knew it was a bait thread, and nonetheless a lot of people replied to it. Just, why? 

Duck986    785
18 minutes ago, KeshS said:

So almost everyone knew it was a bait thread, and nonetheless a lot of people replied to it. Just, why? 

that's why it called bait thread, y'know.