Karmattack

What is the Goal of Constant-native Survivors?

Karmattack    889

The goal of the majority of the survivors is to (eventually) leave the Constant and get home, but what about the survivors already native to the Constant? (Or in Wortox's case, whatever dimension he came from.)

Are Wilbur (Presumably? Is he a Prime Ape specifically or a normal monkey?), Wilba, Wortox, and Wurt just along for the ride?

Karmattack    889
10 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Don't Starve.

I feel like most if not all of them were less at risk for that before joining the group.

Wilba was a princess in a civilized town and merms usually win their fights against pigs so I doubt Wurt was in much danger.

Wortox can in his own words come and go as he pleases, he's not even bound to the Constant.

The only one that seemed in any real danger was Wilbur.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    7758
28 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

I feel like most if not all of them were less at risk for that before joining the group.

Wilba was a princess in a civilized town and merms usually win their fights against pigs so I doubt Wurt was in much danger.

Wortox can in his own words come and go as he pleases, he's not even bound to the Constant.

Wortox sounds like an intentionally jerk.. if he can just grab another player and Nightcrawler teleport them out- Why ain’t he done it?

I don’t try to look for lore in video games too much- because usually gameplay contradicts it.

As for Wilbur.. wasn’t he supposed to be that little circus monkey traveling with Wolfgang in Circus acts? Least that’s what everyone’s told me. -shrugs-

Canis    13044

Well, if you were born and raised in the wilderness, what would YOU want?

My best guess, they're just tryin' to get by with their life, because they don't know anything else.

• Like 1

Cheggf    856
4 hours ago, Karmattack said:

Aren't Wortox and Wurt the only characters in your list to "join the group"? The other characters are DSA exclusive, which as far as I'm aware is a prequel to DST and has no grouping. Either way both of their motivations seems to be curiosity.

SinancoTheBest    2353
3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Aren't Wortox and Wurt the only characters in your list to "join the group"? The other characters are DSA exclusive, which as far as I'm aware is a prequel to DST and has no grouping. Either way both of their motivations seems to be curiosity.

There is also Wormwood, is there not?

Cheggf    856
21 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

There is also Wormwood, is there not?

He wasn't in either of the lists so I forgot about him. He just wants friends, I think.

sinisterrkid    1511

Wurt: it's pretty much as her short shows: she was hanging out in the swamp, found one of Wickerbottom's books and embarked on her mission to make a Merm Kingdom. From there she figured the other survivors could help her, and indeed they were friendly towards her.

Wortox: in his short he seemed to be growing a soft spot in his heart, and I figure he just became friends with the group and was like: "Sure, I can heal y'all."

Wilbur: is not a prime ape, but probably a circus monkey Maxwell got into the Constant for whatever reason crossed his mind on some sunny Friday afternoon.

Wilba: In Hamlet before you unlock her she is grounded in her room in the palace. Probably rebelled and escaped like we all considered doing when we were 8 and mom took away our Lego's.

Wormwood: fell from the moon. What else is he gonna do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sudoku    471

Yes as someone else said Wilbur is actually the first (that we know about) animal to be dragged into the constant (Woby being second). 

A train that was carrying Max, Wolfgang and his traveling circus crashed and both men disappeared and it is stated that a "cage full of potentially dangerous trained monkeys had been vacated in the collision" which would imply Wilbur was among them but disappeared along with Wolfgang. Next we see Wilbur floating lost in Shipwrecked. Seems like he has had a bad time, until he finds his Tarnished Crown and all of a sudden becomes a stranger turned deity among the local apes of Shipwrecked, which I imagine must be a nice change of pace for Wilbur considering he was a caged monkey forced to perform for an audience. I would imagine Wilbur has no intent to leave Shipwrecked as he would leave his kingly title and comfort behind. Maxwell seems to think so too, as one of his quotes towards Wilbur is "Well I suppose there's no sending you back now." 

Edited by sudoku

sudoku    471
24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think that is refering to shadow monkeys

How so? The carter puzzles includes a poster that has monkies with fezzes on it. So there were monkey performers in the traveling circus. The wiki states splumonkies were only added after fan suggestion, while Wilbur was long in the files as an umplimented character, leading me to believe the lore applies to Wilbur more than splumonkies. 

Plus since cave monkies do not recognize Wilbur as their king, that means Maxwell just decided to abduct monkies into the constant twice for funsies? No I think it makes more sence logically that Wilbur being abducted was an accident side effect of taking Wolfgang, rather than later going hmm I need another monkey seperate from these cave monkies ive already aquired. 

Edited by sudoku
  • GL Happy 1

JustCrimson    593
On 9/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

- They think this is one huge act and they are the star of the show. Also, they just want to fight

latest?cb=20140405174151

Did you skip her animated short?

JustCrimson    593
On 9/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, sudoku said:

Yes as someone else said Wilbur is actually the first (that we know about) animal to be dragged into the constant (Woby being second). 

Woby is probably a creature from the constant and not from the real world, how many dogs do you know that can transform like that

Canis    13044
5 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

Woby is probably a creature from the constant and not from the real world, how many dogs do you know that can transform like that

Clifford

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sudoku    471
6 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

I mean how many Humans do you know that can transform like Woodie? Plus Woby has a dog collar, a real world custom.

• Like 1

GetNerfedOn    6250
7 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

Did you skip her animated short?

that tier list was made far before her animated short even came into existence and was just updated to include Walter and Wurt anyhow