Mike23Ua    7758

I’ve enjoyed every rework so far up until Wigfrids- BUT Wigfrids may not be fully complete yet so it remains to be seen if they just move on to what’s next or tweak her a bit more like they did Woodie & Wendy, Wigfrids rework in short: Felt Underwhelming compared to others.

However.. I have every bit of faith that Klei will update Webber and make him Awesome.

• Like 3

SinancoTheBest    2353

I just hope it won't be as minute as Wigfrid's rework. Wigfrid's one sorta works for her since she wasn't at a bad place to begin with, they just added a single new mechanic to her. But for Webber I'm really hoping for an extensive rework, potentially involving all spiders of the constant. After Wilson, Wes, Wx and Wolfgang, his gameplay is the least nuanced and doesn't put much to the table, especially in comparison to a much better mob character like Wurt.

• Like 4

JustCrimson    593
3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You're worried that he might get an idle animation you never see because you have to be AFKing to see it, and that he'll get a video that you don't have to watch?

I don't think these are very valid concerns. 

I want justice for my beloved spider boy

Karmattack    889

Webber's playstyle seems frankly a little incomplete at this point, he's in need of some kind of rework.

At the very least some kind of spider-related Shamlet Mask version he can give to others so that using him at his full potential doesn't require him to stay away from the other players and camp.

Giving him other spider-related powers wouldn't be too out of sorts though, like letting him "learn" to temporarily do one other spider's attack at a time by fighting that kind of spider. (The warrior's lunge or spitter's projectile, etc.)

And if he did get an animation it'd probably just be the little "growl" the spiders do when aggroing to you.

Edited by Karmattack
  • Like 3

gghhrr    324

Webber definitely need very huge rework, maybe let him craft his own trap with silk, can be placed on ground and trigger for once an mob step onto it, when triggered, the trap slow down every mobs movement speed and attack speed until trap timer expired. has a meter that grows over time, he may craft poison pots at cost of the meter and mosquito sack. Craft silk path that Webber would walk faster but slow down other characters

ArubaroBeefalo    4931

I fear his lore. Being a spider boy because a spider eats you has not so much sense. I expect a good explanation to this

Maybe something like the short book the fly. weeber trapped with a spider in a portal making them a 1 body with 2 minds

AlcheLapte    127

I don't think there is anything to worry about, you could always use mod that would bring him to pre-rework state!
But if you don't use mods, I think that thing you can fear the most is that he will get new upsides, and no downsides. But I hope Klei won't do any harm to our spider boi. So let's just think that his rework will be good!

• Like 2

AlternateMew    616

Unpopular opinion, and I fully intend to make a nice big write-up on my full opinions of Webber later. But for now: I'd be okay or even happy if they don't actually show Webber without his better half. Webber the human can stay a mystery!

Best case scenario for the short: They show us how he entered the constant/how they were tricked, while cleverly hiding Webber the Human Boy from view.

• Like 2

JustCrimson    593
21 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

how dare you insult that, that was amazing and it had my jaw on the FLOOR.

it made me cringe, just didnt feel right for dst

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    7758

Pretty certain Klei can just add two different versions of these characters into the game- so like for example if you choose to host a world as “Classic” you’ll have Pre-Rework abilities, and Pre-Return of them updates Classic DS single player game play. but if you host your worlds as “Together” you get all the Together rework abilities and Together content in your worlds. If that is not what those settings Do then it is probably what they SHOULD do-

Because in short: Klei can not please everybody (they certainly can try..) but not EVERYONE is going to love their updates.

You fear Webber’s Rework why exactly? I mean if the above options still existed and you could still play him exactly as he is Pre-Rework.... then why should you care at all how good or bad that Rework ends up being?

In the end- This is Klei’s game, their vision for their game and I guess if I don’t like a particular part of their game then I won’t touch that content.. Not everything is designed for Me- And I can dig that.

Wigfrid used to be my second most played character, but now she may actually end up being replaced by someone who I feel had a better rework (like Woodie or Willow) but that’s my personal preferences and- it’s only an example of how I Didn’t like a Rework. They didn’t change anything about the way I played Old Wigfrid.. so they didn’t completely “ruin” her as you are fearing they will do the same with you beloved Webber, But at the same exact time: they made other characters more interesting and more fun to play as then her.

And I’m willing to bet you ANYTHING that the popular pick rate Wigfrid once had Pre-Rework is going to start falling out of Grace because of other refreshes being made more fun.

Webber has A LOT of room he could be improved- Being able to have Spider followers in day time without having to punch a spider nest and anger the spiders inside into attacking him is just ONE example.

Spider Nests he creates having a unique “Poorly made” look to them separating their design from pre-existing dens- And the Spiders in these Webber Dens being made (In PVE Cooperative Mode) to be PASSIVE towards other players is another way to make him more helpful to a team without having to nest somewhere obscure away from other players.

Speaking of spider nests- Being able to SLEEP inside Tier 2 or 3 spider nests to instantly and safely downgrade them (like a one night use tent) would also be ANOTHER Way Webber can be made more helpful to a team of Non-Webber’s- Instead of his Spiders just taking over everything and running all non-Webber’s out/ Forcing me to go kill them and move them out myself.

TL:DR: Don’t Fear Webber’s Rework when it’s clear to me that currently he offers little towards being a TEAM Player anyway.

Edited by Mike23Ua

AlternateMew    616
8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Webber has A LOT of room he could be improved- Being able to have Spider followers in day time without having to punch a spider nest and anger the spiders inside into attacking him is just ONE example.

Oh my gosh. Do you do that? Don't do that! That is NOT how you get spiders out in the day. Use Chester, or a rabbit, or anything to pique their interest. Don't punch the nest. That's suicide!

Spider Nests he creates having a unique “Poorly made” look to them separating their design from pre-existing dens- And the Spiders in these Webber Dens being made (In PVE Cooperative Mode) to be PASSIVE towards other players is another way to make him more helpful to a team without having to nest somewhere obscure away from other players.

Ehhh. I'd take it, but it feels kind of meh. I'd rather a way to safely lead non-spider friends among spider friends. Like what Wurt can do, but obviously with a different method.

Speaking of spider nests- Being able to SLEEP inside Tier 2 or 3 spider nests to instantly and safely downgrade them (like a one night use tent) would also be ANOTHER Way Webber can be made more helpful to a team of Non-Webber’s- Instead of his Spiders just taking over everything and running all non-Webber’s out/ Forcing me to go kill them and move them out myself.

I suppose that's one way of nonviolently controlling the population, and adding the highly requested sleep-in-tier-3 thing. This actually seems like a good, sensible way to implement something that would otherwise be just a kind of cute gimmick. (... I'm saying I like it.)

TL:DR: Don’t Fear Webber’s Rework when it’s clear to me that currently he offers little towards being a TEAM Player anyway.

See, that's exactly WHAT Webber players have to fear. He's not a (non-spider) team player, so whatever change they make towards that can easily drastically change his playstyle. Like, Woodie-level drastic. Maybe even more than Woodie-level. So there's anticipation/dread about how the new playstyle feels in comparsion to what we're used to.

• Like 2

ArubaroBeefalo    4931
3 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

He's not a (non-spider) team player, so whatever change they make towards that can easily drastically change his playstyle

Ye, to a more interesting one.

Right now the only interesting thing i see on weeber is his 175hp, free glands for the boys and killing bee queen with spiders (with can be frustrating to non weeber players in the server)

If they add few changws like with wigfrid we can stop being a black wilson whithout changing too much him

Notecja    888

I more fear community than developers when we talk about reworks... Is no way to make everybody happy.

Edited by Notecja
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

BoySyrup    797

I was pissing my pants in-between the time the Wigfrid rework was announced and when her perks were revealed, but I think Klei knows what to do with each character now, (Wendy was given perks to make Abigail more worthwhile, Wigfrid was given one more perk to give her more of a late game role). So I don't think you need to worry about them dunking Webber in the cringe can.