Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

GetNerfedOn

[Poll] On Event Popularity

the real reason as to why there aren't any events any more is because they've run out of words ending in -orge lol  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which event was your favorite?

• The Forge
    • the Gorge
  2. 2. If you chose the Forge, why?

• I loved the new combat mechanics.
    • I love the thrill of combat.
    • The lore provided was most interesting.
    • Winning the Forge gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
    • I loved how competitive the Forge was.
    • The new mobs and bosses were a fun challenge to beat.
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
    • I answered the Gorge.
  3. 3. If you chose the Gorge, why?

• I loved the fleshed out cooking and farming mechanics.
    • I loved the thrill of cooking as fast as I could to appease the Gnaw.
    • The lore provided was most interesting.
    • Winning the Gorge gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
    • I answered the Forge.
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

GetNerfedOn    6467

Next upon my list of curiosities: Which events were your favorite when they were active? The Gorge or the Forge? (do note I speak of the official events and not the Reforge/Regorge mods in the workshop. Also, The Forge refers to either or both seasons.)

As always, feel free to vote and expound in the comments!

gaymime    4114

should you add the sugarwood plants to the gorge option? lots of people i have talked to love the aesthetic of the sugarwood memorial park and there is a somewhat popular mod that adds the trees, shrubs and grass to the game

CaptainChaotica    5686

I had to put the Gorge because I SUCKED at the Forge so much.  No seriously, because I loved the lore, the look of the whole thing, the atmosphere, and the VICTORIAN OUTFITS oh my GOD one of the best skinsets in the entire damn game.

(and also I did legit suck at the Forge, and found the combat-ness and expectations to keep up with other players, stressful)

(edit:  although I did enjoy playing as Healer Winona)

But the Gorge was legit really cool, and I do indeed have the Sugarwood Forest Biome mod in my game.  It's in my latest world, in fact.  :)

...Notorious

gaymime    4114
21 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I had to put the Gorge because I SUCKED at the Forge so much.  No seriously, because I loved the lore, the look of the whole thing, the atmosphere, and the VICTORIAN OUTFITS oh my GOD one of the best skinsets in the entire damn game.

(and also I did legit suck at the Forge, and found the combat-ness and expectations to keep up with other players, stressful)

(edit:  although I did enjoy playing as Healer Winona)

But the Gorge was legit really cool, and I do indeed have the Sugarwood Forest Biome mod in my game.  It's in my latest world, in fact.  :)

...Notorious

it is in my dedicated server by request and was in a couple of my hosted worlds too before i lost them(one will be getting sugarwood again when i play with my favorite wes friend, haha)

ShadowDuelist    7636

Forge was just too much fun for me, coordinating with the team and learning the way to victory was amazing back in the day.

My hype and playtime during Forge season 1 was something I will not forget.

SinancoTheBest    2606

I really like both events and try to play them on a regular basis through the mods; but as far as the official events go I missed Gorge because I was on a break so I chose Forge.

Also I suck at gorge while being somewhat decent at forge- maybe its abot not being able to play the official event but whenever I do the cooking in my gorge friend group we lose (and I'm the best cook in my friend group) while when playing with strangers they seem to rush super foods quickly and win by the halftime; thus it seems there's a rigid food meta and its kinda sad considering how many different creative stuff there is to cook.

Forge has its meta too through roles and ideal characters for these roles but it's more flexible than gorge since you can win with many different team combos, you don't have to follow the "optimal team composition". The aestetic of arena, the monsters, the items, the 2.5 skin sets, all is super fun. Achievements and challenges were great aswell, which I miss the most since they are absent in thr remakes.

One thing that applies to the enjoyability of both is that you play them in short sessions of 15-30 minutes which is a huge difference from loong sessions regular game and sometimes make them preferable to regular DST. Whenever I don't have the time or energy to invest on playing the regular survival game, I still open the game and play Forge matches. Playing about 1.5 hours, something that'd barely make half a season in normal survival, makes four whole forge matches, which I enjoy a lot.

ADM    7013

*Insert "both ? both is good." meme on phone*

I do have a small preference for Forge has it had combat techs I wanted for a long time on default survival, the parry especially... that Wigfrid should have got to me on her rework :( over all, playing with 5 other players was also a very role immersive experience, really loved Maxwell once more on this event !

But sure Gorge has awesome cooking feature and I can remember how bad I wanted to eat that Fish Burger...

mac and cheese    619

Not going to vote since I wasn't able to play in the events, and I haven't gotten around to trying Reforged/Re-Gorge-itated (mainly because I don't have enough friends who play DST...) but Gorge looks more fun to me. I used to be really into Overcooked, so an experience like that in DST sounds pretty cool.

Mike23Ua    8380
2 hours ago, A Random Furry said:

Can you make a "I didn't play when those events were around" option?

100% this, Forge wasn’t ever on consoles, Gorge was around for such a short time I completely missed it.

But Instead of bringing those events back and having to pay the upkeep costs for the servers to them- I was really hoping they would eventually give in and add those events as permanent content WE can toggle at anytime we want- maybe even have some of that content, like new mobs, combat mechanics, cooking recipes, etc.. Bleed over into the core gameplay.

Think of it this way: if the events were always playable and Klei no longer had to run the costs for severs for them- All they would have to do from that point is flip a switch to earn event rewards during the time of year they want those events to have actually been made active.. like how during Hallowed Nights/WintersFeast they always increase the chances of getting Hallowed Nights/WinterFeast skins.

This is only a suggestion- and as with all suggestions, Only a Klei Dev would know rather or not such a suggestion would actually work.

Dr. Safety    4160

I loved both events but after awhile the Gorge became stale for me. There were just a lot more funny moments in the Forge so I had to pick that one.

One of my favorite memories of the Forge if you care to see/read it:

Spoiler

I named myself WesIsBestHealer for the memes and everyone in the server decided to do a meme run. We had Wes as healer, Maxwell as TANK, Random as runner/kiter (ended up being Willow), Wilson to revive Maxwell every 5 seconds, and then the two children character for DPS. It was quite a spectacle to see Maxwell spend the entire game smacking things with a book, not reading it once. We somehow ended up winning and it is forever my favorite memory of this event lol.

BestTeam.PNG