Sign in to follow this  
O_Atoba_Azul

Wigfrid Update Opinions Poll

Wigfrid Update: Opinions  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, how would you rate the Wigfrid Character Refresh?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If Very Good/Good, why?

• The songs (songs' use, useability and inspiration)
    • The Animated Short
    • Old abillities not being removed.
    • New Skins
    • I voted "Bad/Very Bad"
    • Other (do note in the replies!)
    • I voted "Undecided"
  3. 3. If Very bad/Very Bad, why?

• The songs (songs' use, useability and inspiration, crafting)
    • The Animated Short
    • Old abillities not being removed.
    • New Skins
    • I voted "Good/Very Good"
    • Other (do note in the replies!)
    • I voted "Undecided"

O_Atoba_Azul    287

How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the Wigfrid Character Refresh, and why?

Edited by O_Atoba_Azul
Added more "undecided" options, to make the pool vote-able for people who chooose "undecided" Edit 2: fixed unused question tittle.
  • Like 2

Mike23Ua    7758

I don’t really like this rework too much, her “Songs” are pretty much just Stat Increase/decrease Spell Scrolls.. 

When I read that her refresh would have an Inspiration Meter and could use up to 3 abilities that use this Inspiration Meter- I was thinking she would gain Inspiration through fighting enemies.. and she can then gain Additional FIGHTING Abilities- Such as being able to throw her spear for a ranged attack, to Let out a Battle Cry that boosts team damage, to Charge forward with her Battle spear doing a bit of extra damage, or to be able to Wheeler “Dodge” Enemy attacks. And as she used them “Inspiration” would be treated as a Stamina bar for using her special abilities.

Instead- What we have are songs that boost a few stats here or there.. that doesn’t really feel like “New” gameplay to me.

I guess Willows Shadow wrecking Bernie, Wendy Communing with Pipspook and Woodie’s new found transformation powers spoiled me- but I was expecting a bit.. more I guess?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3

AnitaCoffee    577

It's a simple upgrade, but I don't feel like Wigfred needed much. She has always been in a very good spot imo. This just made her a little more interesting.

• Like 2

GenomeSquirrel    889

While she was in a strong place before the update, this update left me bored, too much of a focus on long term items while pub player numbers have plummeted during the hours I usually play. I see the leech and durability books being used, but there’s no novelty to them.

• Thanks 1

chirsg    443
4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Willows Shadow wrecking Bernie, Wendy Communing with Pipspook and Woodie’s new found transformation powers spoiled me- but I was expecting a bit.. more

I'm in the same boat. I was also expecting more. At least something more fun.

At this point, I would trade every single one of wigfrid's songs for a single song that lit every fire pit to max within a screen radius of her and leave it at that, as useless or redundant as that may be because I would value that spectacle over any utility she has now.

Also, the animated shorts and skins are invalid reasons to enjoy a rework. I love both and I dislike the direction they went in, but I am grateful that wigfrid mostly stayed the same character with the ability to just carry on, business as usual. So kudos to klei for that.

But for the most part, dissatisfied with the new features of the rework.

Edited by chirsg
  • Like 2

Serph    470

Her rework came across as underwhelming to me. It's the exact same character except she has an optional mechanic that newbiews wont know how to use, casuals will ignore and veterans still wont use her over wolfgang. No guys, 1hp per hit will not change the power of pig/bunny armies. Other than the situational taunt and haunt songs, this adds no depth to the gameplay and world.

You might think i'm entitled and but this sours my expectations on next updates. Every rework heavily shifted the "optimal playstyle" of the character (for better or worse) until Wendy became a riskXreward character and people complained so Klei removed all risk and kept the reward. I assume the wendy backlash was the main reason they didnt want to change Wigfrid and you know what, it's fine. You can think this is an amazing update but i hope you can understand what i mean.

Imagine if Webber gets updated and the only change is a new random semi related crafting tab (i dont know, "toys"?) of optional items that dont change his gameplay. Is that what webber players want?

• Thanks 2
  • Sanity 1

ArubaroBeefalo    4931
24 minutes ago, Serph said:

Her rework came across as underwhelming to me. It's the exact same character except she has an optional mechanic that newbiews wont know how to use, casuals will ignore and veterans still wont use her over wolfgang. No guys, 1hp per hit will not change the power of pig/bunny armies. Other than the situational taunt and haunt songs, this adds no depth to the gameplay and world.

You might think i'm entitled and but this sours my expectations on next updates. Every rework heavily shifted the "optimal playstyle" of the character (for better or worse) until Wendy became a riskXreward character and people complained so Klei removed all risk and kept the reward. I assume the wendy backlash was the main reason they didnt want to change Wigfrid and you know what, it's fine. You can think this is an amazing update but i hope you can understand what i mean.

Imagine if Webber gets updated and the only change is a new random semi related crafting tab (i dont know, "toys"?) of optional items that dont change his gameplay. Is that what webber players want?

i have to dissagree because having extra healing when fight+extra armor makes her able to kill bee queen with less gear, less healing and less time than a regular character so you can rush beequeen without needing an army getting the recipe with less resource gathering that other making her able to use bundles earlier

isnt wolfgang but neither wormwood and anyways this isnt a competitive game

edit: this doesnt mean that klei will not add/change some stuff in the following days to make the rework more solid

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 4

Mike23Ua    7758
1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

I definitely see where you are coming from where Wigfrid is more or less the same character that she was before with a couple niche abilities here and there. The thing is a lot of people were worried of her changing because she seemed to be the one character universally agreed to be in a good place pre rework. They didn't want her to be too good or change much about her, and Klei delivered. She was missing some late game content and she got it. Other than that she is completely untouched. 

Personally I think Klei did the right thing with this rework

The thing is- for newbie players or casual players Wigfrids rework is going to always feel underwhelming compared to all the other characters that have been reworked, because all the other characters had something “New” added to them right out the gate-

Woodie players who have no clue how to play him still will get to experience his new hidden forms if they survive till full moon it triggers it for them, Willow players will notice Bernie moving by itself or enlarging when low on sanity (something a newer player is always struggling with) and it doesn’t take rocket science to figure out how to summon/desummon, sooth/rile Abigail..

I feel like Klei put more heart into Wendy’s rework then they have Wigfrids, a lot of cool features she ended up getting placeable Sisturn structure to speed up Abigails regenerate time and passively increase sanity for players standing near it.. Abigail glowing when at full HP and taken care of is just an added bonus.

The problem with Wigfrids rework is that the content OF her Rework is more obscure, and more complicated then it Needed to be, and unlike the other characters- The effects of that rework doesn’t make itself apparent right out the starting gate..

For anyone who does not know for example: How to obtain purple feather ingredient which ALL of her Spell Scrolls require (sorry Klei that’s what they feel like, that’s what I’m going to consider them as) then- Without immediate access to Spell Scrolls “Songs” then Wigfrid still plays identically to the way she did prior to her rework, and that.. to me is a Bad thing.

This could be a simple fix.. by giving her something even a newbie can immediately access like a “Battle Cry” that immediately buffs teammates for like 2.5 seconds in damage and her Battle Cry has a Cooldown timer before it can be used again to avoid making her OP beyond OP.. 

Its basically the same Idea as Abigail attacking something to apply the petal Bestowment damage buff, Except... it’s something new for Wigfrid that even a complete and total noob has immediate access to.

These Songs however.. are not that, and hopefully just like with Wendy and Woodies reworks, Wigfrid will get a small patch to fix that.

Edited by Mike23Ua

pedregales    480

I didn't expect Wigfrid to really change much at all, but I expected her to synergize a bit more with herself. Something akin to: if Wigfrid has her helmet on it increases the battle spear damage to, for example, 60 base damage (dark sword is still a better option by a decent margin, but battle spear is considerably cheaper). In short, something to truly commit to Wigfrid's valkyrie persona (since she is so obsessed with it).

I also didn't like a few songs due to how redundant they were (bel canto and cadenza) or useless (falsetto).

However, on my own little head I would have loved to see a few "pseudo-nerfs". Think for example, taking away a few things from the character, and add them back from something else; in this case, the something else would be the songs, a few examples if you are curious:

Spoiler
  • No longer has lifesteal. But using the Heartrending Ballad "gives it back", plus a bit more to compensate for the 1.5 hp per hit it would normally give Wigfrid. It still only restores 1 hp per hit for teammates.
  • No longer deals 25% more damage. But using Bel Canto of Courage "gives it back" (possibly more than currently to compensate it is no longer always there, so instead of 25% more damage she would get 40-50% more damage) and gives teammates a weaker version of it.
  • No longer has sanity stealing. But using Clear Minded Cadenza "gives it back" and reduces insanity auras by half. Teammates would still only heal 1 sanity per hit, but they would also get reduced insanity auras by half.
  • No longer has inherent damage resistance. But using Weaponized Warble "gives it back" on top of the weapon durability bonus. Teammates would receive a weaker damage resistance buff plus the weapon durability bonus. Essentially, this would indirectly increase armor durability as well as you are taking less damage, so armor is taking less damage.

However, with how inspiration currently works this... would have been a straight up nerf. Inspiration would need to be easier to increase, and easier to maintain in a battle.

But overall, the idea is that this would have mildly changed how Wigfrid plays, would keep her as a support-type character, and would make each battle a bit more unique:

• Should I use the ballad for the lifesteal or should I use the warble for more weapon and armor durability and less damage taken?
  • Do I really need the extra damage of bel canto or should I use cadenza first against Fuelweaver?
  • Which combinations would be more convenient for this fight?

Edited by pedregales
  • Like 2