Jason

Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Now Available!

AquaAtia    112

Wigfrid has been one of my favorite characters since her release in Reign of Giants! I'll miss some of her more basic gameplay but I think for the purposes of DST, this refresh is going to make her feel better and more fun to play with your pals! Also Maxwell has also been one of my favorites since the beginning so it was also good seeing him in a short for the first time in awhile I think!

Also this just brings me back to countless hours I spent in my single player Wigfrid world when Reign of Giants first came out so thanks for the nostalgia, Klei!

Edited by AquaAtia
  • Like 4

Blueleaf12    1725
28 minutes ago, minespatch said:

As someone who just re-read all my volumes of fullmetal alchemist, this shocked me. How much has Klei been following me?:wilson_ecstatic:

I was JUST thinking about how it looks like a transmutation circle!

• Like 2

minespatch    78326
7 minutes ago, Blueleaf12 said:

I was JUST thinking about how it looks like a transmutation circle!

Kind of surprised people haven't been questioning the looks of the Crystalline collection but oh well.

• Like 1

Canis    13042
13 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Let's hope Klei decides to clean up her animations... Because right now, they look absolutely hideous and broken.

Yeah, The cough animation in particular looks really rough.

• Like 4

AnitaCoffee    576

The short was amazing! Def my favorite behind Wendy's. And those drops are sweet. Time to go turn on Glermz. 

Also I need Hallowed Nights like yesterday. :wilson_love: Can't wait.

fimmatek    4204
Spoiler
3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

image.png.05cf0acf034dbaa3fd64999a1d21b0cf.png

Well, well, well a name. Censored but a name nonetheless.

Where did you find this, is it in the video? I watched it multiple times by now, but couldn't find it anywhere.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    4789

i like a lot the new mechanic the only thing is that i think the meter should work with her old passives (sanity and hp leech) like 0 meter nothing, half = passives like before and full = slightly strong passives to make her more dinamic

ShyRo-Zyerenzy    163

Startling soliloquy can interrupt deers casting in klaus fight, i guess it can work against bee queen mini bees too to make them lose dps. unlike other songs , you can abuse the crow control in fights with multiple wigfrids. 

I think the others could get a bit more since passives don't stack. but the meter works perfectly since its for bosses raids or mini bosses ( varg, spider queen )

I stay with soliloquy , thats SS tier for me.

Edited by ShyRo-Zyerenzy
  • Like 2

Zhuzha    1341
1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Where did you find this, is it in the video? I watched it multiple times by now, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Near the start of her imaginary battle, around 0:51 or so. It flies by really quickly, though.

• Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

Mike23Ua    7702

Okay I’ve been playing the new Wigfrid rework for awhile and the few things I can take from it:

Shes now more of a Cut Reeds resource devouring character then even the mighty Wickerbottom! Good god... Seems like Wicker and Wig will be fighting over resources now.

Secondly the songs- I haven’t been able to craft a single one of them because their recipes are actually pretty advanced, most of which I have absolutely no idea what the ingredients of actually calls for without resorting to Wikipedia pages..
I’m assuming that Unlike Wendy (who simply needs to find a Pipspook and help them find lost stuffs) Wigfrids songs are meant to be Late game Content.. 

and even with that- I have no idea what each respective song is actually supposed to do- Klei provided better details on exactly what Wendy’s Ectoherbology potions did, they sort of just left us guessing with Wigfrids Song things..

And what about those 3 additional abilities she’s supposed to have when at high inspiration levels? How do I trigger or use those?

Lastly her stage performance bow idle animation, it fits Wigfrid.. but if Charlie ever was to become playable I think she should be able to use it ;) 

In conclusion- until I figure out what all the new Refresh stuff does.... Wigfrid still plays mostly the same as she always has, Unlike Wendy who right out the gate: gained some new abilities, gameplay unique to her, she got her own unique craftable structure to place and put her personal mark on the world.. (The Sisturn) Wigfrid should have had her own unique craftable structure too I think- not sure What that should’ve been.. 

maybe a Weapons Armory? Pretty much a storage chest that just hangs Helmets, Spears and Body Armors from.. just a Wigfrid exclusive craftable that lets people know that long after Wigfrid has left a server- that a Wigfrid was once there.

(Yes I totally build random Sisturns in peoples worlds so they stumble upon them and be all like cool a sanity station when I actually needed one, Thanks Wendy! wherever you are...)

ADM    6204

Finally found some time to re-watch Wigfrid short (as I was at Mac Donald's with loud kids the hole day :distracted:), cool animation...

and I just noticed there's some cicadas singing at the start... I already miss those so bad :wilson_cry: plz Klei, add cicadas to DST