lobomau71

Daily Skin gone?

lobomau71    10

Hi,

The last couple of days I'm not getting my daily skin when I log in my PS4.

Was there any change to the daily skins mechanic on console?

Edited by lobomau71
misspell
  • Like 1

Frontente    70

I have a similar issue. I get the daily skins, but the popup und unwrapping animation isn't always showing up. Maybe you got the skins, but no animation?

lobomau71    10

I've had the "no animation" bug also, like a blank square but when I press X I get the skin, but since yesterday no animation and no skin, just normal game load ready to play, and I am online :-(

Mike23Ua    7713

At least your game actually works... 

mine just goes into an infinite loading screen and never makes it into the main menu (on Xbox)

This problem just recently started.. like last night only I think? But- Considering that there is a game update coming Tommorow, I don’t really expect it to work properly until we get the new patch version.

Oldfart    31

Playing on OG PS4, no problem on ether account whatsoever... Try reinstalling  DST, I might be wrong but if your connection or wifi is bad that might be it since gifts are account based and its klei's servers that opens the gift, so if wifi is bad it might be it...

I did have some problems with lag when my NAT type was not set properly, and it also increase the time it took to open gifts, all that was gone when NAT was switched to NAT 2 ...

Edited by Oldfart

lobomau71    10

Update: Last night, I was playing for about a couple of hours, without event getting any skins) and when I decided to save&close the game, at relogin, I got the daily skin !!!

So, it seems that whatever was wrong, only lasted a couple of days.

Lets hope it stays ok, and most of all, that today we get the new Wigfrid update and that it is awsome since Wigfrid is my main :-D

• Like 1

lobomau71    10

New update: Back to the same :-( no skin yesterday and its been over 24h for sure since last skin, but I did get an ingame skin for playing, just not the daily one.

It seems as if the "daily" skin became a 48h thing on the PS4, but I know its still 24h on PC cause I have the game on both.

@Keli can I get some feedback from any of the devs?

Thanks

Mj-    178

37 minutes ago, lobomau71 said:

New update: Back to the same :-( no skin yesterday and its been over 24h for sure since last skin, but I did get an ingame skin for playing, just not the daily one.

It seems as if the "daily" skin became a 48h thing on the PS4, but I know its still 24h on PC cause I have the game on both.

@Keli can I get some feedback from any of the devs?

Thanks

You are still getting the daily gift, but there is not an animation for it. You can visit your transactions page here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/transactions and you'll see what did you got from the daily drop.  

And you can check this topic for the devs respond:

On 8/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, CharlesB said:

This is caused by an occasional problem with the local inventory cache, it's also been happening on Steam recently and the team is looking into it. As some players have already noted, it's usually resolved when you inventory changes again, either by getting an in-game drop, redeeming points, etc. We're also looking at adding a way for you to manually force your inventory to refresh so you don't have to wait for one of these events.

Edited by Mj-
  • Like 3

lobomau71    10
6 hours ago, Mj- said:

You are still getting the daily gift, but there is not an animation for it. You can visit your transactions page here: https://accounts.klei.com/account/transactions and you'll see what did you got from the daily drop.  

And you can check this topic for the devs respond:

Ok, so now that makes more sense. I'll check that out tonight to see what skins I got these past days, maybe I got something good ;-)

Many thanks MJ-.

• Like 1