JoeW

Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

Pandawee    101

It ain't over till the brave lady sings. Every Constant will know your battle cry, take the fight to their hearts! ROOOOOAAARRR! VALHALLA AWAITS!

• Health 1

KeshS    4019
1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Soon Wolfgang will be able to deal more than only 660 damage per Blow Dart.

We thought volt goat jelly was peak performance...

No pun intended

Edited by KeshS
  • Like 1

Brubs    3659

I'm loving the direction Wigfrid is being driven to. She already had a supportish role when building her helmet and spears for teammates, but now she can also provide song buffs for the party. It is also something new added to the game!

What a way of making a good but plain character, still good but more interesting.

Thank you so much! <3

• Like 3

Memetan    422

It looks a wonderful idea, and maybe she can make a use for the seashells, but I hope the new "songs ability" don't replace the "seasoning ability" of Warly, you know, the defense buff, damage buff, or make the characters work faster.

• GL Happy 1

Maslak    4364

I'd love to see some unique way of "crafting"/initiating a song, where you have to play correct notes in order perhaps? Like in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, where you choose from small group of different notes

I'm pretty sure that won't be the case, but would be cool if it was!

I feel like Wigfrid doesn't need a refresh, but colour me surprised if you change something about her that I really like.

I know there is going to be more to this refresh that Wigfrid just being a bard, but, hey, at least it supports her role as a Fighting Support character!

(I doubt Klei is going to remove her 'Carnivorous' status, because, c'mon, it's kinda her character now)

Edited by LowestDesert89
Edited to avoid confusion

Xanderon    7

i hope she will keep her old passives and playstyle, i loved her the way she was(it was my fav character), and hope this will be just additional abilities :v

24 minutes ago, Memetan said:

It looks a wonderful idea, and maybe she can make a use for the seashells, but I hope the new "songs ability" don't replace the "seasoning ability" of Warly, you know, the defense buff, damage buff, or make the characters work faster.

I mean, Wigfrid can already tell what notes shell bells are tuned to (e.g: 'E? (E is the note that the shell bell has been tuned to) I expected it to sound like a war bugle' but, obviously, with the umlauts), soooooooooooooooo yeah.

Wait, when they say 'September 24th', I think they mean 'September 24th for people on the same side of the International Date Line as we are'. Assuming that Klei is in Canada, the date is actually September 25th for us lowly Australians.

• Ninja 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Muzarello    137
2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Do songs affect Wigfrid herself or are they useless in solo playthrough?

My greatest fear, I play mostly solo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sinisterrkid said:

BARDBARIAN! Bardbarian. Has someone made that pun yet? Well, there it is.

Yes, several people made that joke (Bardfrid, Bardbarian, etc.)

YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL PUN-STER

• Sad Dupe 1

ShadowDuelist    7102
1 hour ago, Frontente said:

So this refresh is useless for solo players? Sadly my friends don't play DST anymore :/

It's quite possible that the boosts will also affect herself.

Kinda far fetched, but it would be 100/10 if it affected befriended or ridden mobs too (pigs, bunnymen, beefalo, etc)

chirsg    443

Is she keeping her existing damage bonus and reduction? That's a huge part of wigfrid that I don't want to have lost. Even if it "evens out" via the sing buffs. I prefer a neat 2 hit spider kill with the spear and longer period of 50 damage breakpoint on her hambat.

A Random Furry    331
4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Snip

I just get back and I see this

AMAZING

Here are my initial thoughts

1st, I was worried that Wigfrid was gonna skyrocket to S++, but with the small amount of changes, I feel like her carnivore downside and her new downside of only being able to use her songs after fighting for a bit, I feel like she is relatively balanced

2nd, I love how her new features make her a support fighter, just as I always saw her

3rd, I can't wait to try out these new "songs", from giving everyone a small damage boost to getting some of her forge abilities, I can't wait to see what exactly these "Songs" do!

Edited by A Random Furry