Owlrus

What is a DST confession you have?

Stabbsworth    352

same hat, mines.

...i guess you could say we're kinning that man. (/humor)

anyways, actual confession: I burnt my friend's Codex Umbra within an in-character server.

Edited by Stabbsworth
crap, forgot to put this in
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 1

Mike23Ua    10645

When the Forgotten Knowledges was teased and we got the glimpse of Maxwell looking horrified, Winona looking confused, & Wilson with his back turned away holding a spear looking scared & betrayed..

I jokingly said they were all looking at Charlie- When the actual animation came out, And it actually ended up being Charlie I felt like I had spoiled it with my Batman Mode Detective observation skills. :wilson_cry:
But since this is a thread for confessions: It was totally a blind & lucky guess, I was not actually expecting Charlie.

Edited by Mike23Ua

viberr    1275

everyone i know its been a while since anyone has used this thread but i really need to say this

i hate people who fully quote a long post 

like come on man you can just lessen your quote down to only what you need,you don't need to quote the whole thing 

im sorry i know im meant to be the guy that gives out good vibes and all but i just had to say that

k toodles

• Shopcat 4

viberr    1275
On 11/15/2020 at 12:37 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

to me, the Ninja emote is indecipherable and i just spam it as a meme react

bro that is so weirdchamp like am i right everyone?

• Haha 1
  • Ninja 1

Starlogy    3227
8 hours ago, viberr said:

k toodles

Why in the world would you take the time to find this thread that died 2 months ago, and proceed to necro it???

It's not even on topic!!!

• Haha 2

Cheggf    3911
10 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

image.png.f6e7c7d04069413cc3d06cb113e44bde.png

Is this a first played date thread now?

image.png.c2841345ed4ad6bdb2b8b44d1441b669.png

My confession is that I just participated in off topic discussion on this thread, so technically I'm not off topic. ;)

• Haha 1

wigfrids hat    5202

i die a lot more often when i play in other people's worlds. i can keep alive in a stripped pub or one of my more chaotic hosted worlds just fine but the moment i get on a single-person 500+ day world i get nervous then go out like a scrub

Mike23Ua    10645

I play as every character in the entire game from time to time..  But I find myself getting to used to how a character plays and then dying a miserable death or close to death.. when trying to use those same tactics as another character.

Recently that combo has been Wormwood, Woodie.

I keep forgetting to do SIMPLE things such as “Chopping Trees or digging up farms hurts Wormwoods Sanity-  I forget these things because I was playing Woodie and got used to mass tree genocide.

Then I die or suffer as Woodie because I forget that planting random Pinecones no longer restores his Sanity I forget this because I been using that as a way to restore Wormwoods Sanity.

Ive even managed to die a few embarrassing deaths as Wendy because I was trying to get Abigail to attack things Bernie was better at and Vice-Versa.

In short: to get good at this game without resorting to a Wiki-page or watching videos requires nothing except your own memories and patterns. And when you get in the pattern of doing things a certain way, you really screw with your own head when you try doing them a different way.

But DS/DST aren’t the only games I’ve had this happen to me with.. sometimes I would get so used to say slamming on breaks in a car in one game, and in another that same button hilariously makes me bail out of a moving vehicle..

Luckily I have yet to pick up and try to heal using rot as any other character except Wormwood.. but I’m sure that will probably happen someday too if I have a memory lapse of who I’m playing as and panic being low on health.

• Sad 1

Baguettes    364
2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I despise the Summer work theme with every fiber of my being.

you hurt my feelings, for I am a Summer lover (including all the music involved in the season)

Here's more of my confessions:
I really, reeeeally love Crawling Horrors. Look at their chonky appearance, all full of nightmare fuel!
image.thumb.png.91e6707c88b64c35b2f3120bff93c70b.png

I even take images of them time to time, which I consider really weird. On the other hand, I shoo away Terrorbeaks since they're not adorable to me at all and they could even kill you in 3 secs. All while Crawlybois take around 20 seconds!

Second, I...
T r u l y
D e s p i s e
M e a t b a l l s.
Sorry meatballs lovers, this hatred started growing on me after a Wilson almost made meatballs out of 3 asparagus and monster meat in my friend's world. Really though, they could've used other fillers like ice... Not to mention they tried other 1-unit veggie fillers before then.
Oh and, I eat rot equal to the amount of hunger gained if someone feeds me those. I'd rather have monster tartare over that.

• Like 1

viberr    1275
11 hours ago, Baguettes said:

-a weird snip-

you're weird but being weird makes you unique so keep being you :wilson_smile:

even tho i don't agree with you,crawling horrors are stupid

Cheggf    3911
14 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I despise the Summer work theme with every fiber of my being.

Could that have something to do with it being used in every single DST video people make? :-P

11 hours ago, Baguettes said:

I really, reeeeally love Crawling Horrors.

I really like the artwork design of everything, it's probably nearly half the reason I play this game. The Crawling Horrors look great, though. Their abstract and vague design that's generally reminiscent of a tic, a creature many people fear, get grossed out by, or at least dislike, does a great job of showing the horrors of being insane. I think they do especially well to contrast the other shadow creature, the Terrorbeak. The Horror moves slowly and while disturbing it is still relatively rounded. The Terrorbeak, however, is very fast, nimble, and jagged. It has a huge maw full of teeth that are just as sharp as the rest of it, really showing how much worse it is than the Horror.

To a new player, at least. You can only see something so much before it stops being scary.

Edited by Cheggf

GetNerfedOn    7510
44 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Could that have something to do with it being used in every single DST video people make? :-P

the melody just irritates me. not much else to say

in direct contrast, i really like the Dry Season work theme.

• Haha 1

Notecja    2059
12 hours ago, Baguettes said:

Second, I...
T r u l y
D e s p i s e
M e a t b a l l s.
Sorry meatballs lovers, this hatred started growing on me after a Wilson almost made meatballs out of 3 asparagus and monster meat in my friend's world. Really though, they could've used other fillers like ice... Not to mention they tried other 1-unit veggie fillers before then.
Oh and, I eat rot equal to the amount of hunger gained if someone feeds me those. I'd rather have monster tartare over that.

I can't say I despise them, rather dislike as low-effort-too-easy-very-basic dish in a world where you can make things of beauty like leafy salad, vegetable stinger, veggie burger, surf'n'turf... 

Baguettes    364
3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I can't say I despise them, rather dislike as low-effort-too-easy-very-basic dish in a world where you can make things of beauty like leafy salad, vegetable stinger, veggie burger, surf'n'turf... 

that's also one reason. I also think they requires low effort to make and... y'know, quite overrated.

Edited by Baguettes
whoops, typo