Owlrus

What is a DST confession you have?

TemporarySolutn    1120
2 hours ago, Farlan said:

you are like little baby, watch this 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.50.51 PM.png

what even IS THAT

(I looked it up, but still holy **** ive never seen that)

Edited by JustCrimson
  • Big Ups 1

Farlan    206
6 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

what even IS THAT

(I looked it up, but still holy **** ive never seen that)

Trust me, I completely forgot about it too lol! 

I got back into playing DST last year but it was so jarring going from only playing during the beta to suddenly jumping in right after they released Winona's rework. 

To stay on topic:

I have almost 1k hours in this game and I don't think I've ever survived past 100 days in DST. I've gotten past 500+ in DS but in DST... lol. 

• Like 2

wigfrids hat    5203

i regularly invoke the 'show all map' on tmi+ to get rid of the little squiggly black bits of 'unexplored' map when i am too lazy to go back over parts and tidy them up or when there are large water features i cannot remove the black from.

• Like 1

bigGMIW    27

I don't play the meta characters often (Wicker, Wolfgang), and I was a Winona main before all the new refreshes and characters (Now Warly, but I still love her and she's even better).

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    11185

I built over 12 sets of marble Armors and battle helms and set them just around the outside edges of Dragonfly’s area in a Circular pattern so I can easily pick them up whenever she destroys one of the ones in my inventory, I brought 3 Tentacle Spikes & 2 Battle Spears and 1 Panflute into this fight: She was most certainly going down...

I failed when I tragically realized in my attempt at OverKill.. I only brought the Armors and Weapons to the fight and not a single light source to survive when it turned Nightfall- I Died obviously.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Articestone    1022

When i first started the game, i thought that the bone helmet and armor can be made with bones and nightmare fuel. I knew its existence form youtube. Afterwards i thought that it came from a boss that i thought it is mid game boss that is easy to kill. Took me 6 months to realise that it was from a late game boss that need many steps to get there and have good kiting skills. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IrisNetwork    58

I always tell myself I'm going to defeat the Fuelweaver someday but I never get to it. I've done Moon Lord from terraria in Expert and Master but in Don't Starve I seem to get distracted and realize I forgot something like fireproofing my base or preventing lureplant from stealing my thulecite. 

• Like 3

Articestone    1022
32 minutes ago, IrisNetwork said:

I always tell myself I'm going to defeat the Fuelweaver someday but I never get to it. I've done Moon Lord from terraria in Expert and Master but in Don't Starve I seem to get distracted and realize I forgot something like fireproofing my base or preventing lureplant from stealing my thulecite. 

Same, i am at the 3rd year yet i have not go to the lunar island and pearl's island nor tamed a Beefalo and assembled the shadow pieces nor find the atrium. 

Mike23Ua    11185

In my ENTIRETY of playing DS, DS: Shipwrecked, DS: Hamlet, DS Mobile, DS Shipwrecked Mobile AND DST I have probably crafted a Hambat less then an Overall grand total of 80 times: And I’ve been playing this franchise since the day it released for Xbox One.

Having a Weapon that immediately starts out on a spoil timer can be very confusing and in fact scare off players from crafting it much: as it did with me. 

Yet certain people on these forums expect you to know it’s effectiveness & will hound the hell out of you for your inexperienced knowledge of NOT wanting to use it.

(it really is quite sad honestly)

Over the paste year Klei has been making large efforts in making this game NOT be so confusing (Thank you for that by the Way Klei!) By providing the game with actual clear in-game Stats and Information that helps assist the player.

Things like the Cook Book found in Compendium page that details the ingredients you used in recently created food recipes, well as the exact stats & benefits for each of these learned food dishes telling the player how much hunger, health and sanity said dish restores.

The Compendium does not classify the Tier for created weapons and which ones are superior to others.

The Hambat is just ONE of the many under-used items in this franchise I’ve rarely ever bothered crafting:

Ive only ever created probably around 3 or 4 Meat Effgy in my entire lifetime with the franchise.

Ive only ever been able to luck up on or craft a walking cane probably less then 50 times: and in fact the enemy mob that you have to kill to get the ingredients to craft this item is my arch-nemesis in this franchise- MacTusk have killed me the MOST of Any enemy type and has been the tear drenched end to many of my 5 chapter DS Adventure Mode campaign runs.

I usually try to avoid going anywhere near their camps altogether because their blow darts are absolutely frightening and they chase me down like the vengeful hunters they have proven themselves to be, to absolutely wreck any character I happen to be playing as at the time.

I have managed to FREE WES from his captors in DS Adventures mode which is a thing that is purely up to RNG luck on having happen at a very specific moment of Adventures mode & in general is a harder thing to accomplish then actually BEATING the Adventures Mode- But yet every time I get to Chapter 5:5 no matter how over prepared I go into it I end up dying and embarrassingly starting back at Chapter 1:1

Oh and I’ve managed to die to Coconuts outside of the Shipwrecked DLC in the Adventures Chapter “The Game is Afoot and not in your traditional “Konk” on the head when at low health type way, Still to this very day this is my most embarrassing death in the franchise and there will probably never be a death more absolutely humiliating for me then this one right here: 

1C999937-17AC-4366-8C80-E9B938D5795D.gif.76e0fbb076143d92d73c9d5dfa90a7f3.gif

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad Dupe 3

Mike23Ua    11185
2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Necessary if you participate in all balance topics

But i guess is more important to feel special...

Spoiler

You reply is off topic- But my response You got absolutely any idea at all of how many players on the Xbox One Version of this game that You will genuinely see running around actually using a Hambat? You might find one or two every so often fifteen severs that you join if your lucky.

You guys keep trying to enforce some type of Forum knowledge code onto people- When I am trying my absolute best to explain that outside of these forums, outside of Wikipedia Pages, Outside of watching other players do it and learning from them there are many many many many MANY Players (on Xbox at least) that you will rarely ever see running around actually even using Hambats.

My word here in these forums means absolutely nothing so Forget it... But what I bet you would be accurate is if Klei actually had the information for how often items are crafted & used by players on each individual gaming platform PC/PS4/Xbox

Injustice 2 developers had exact stats of how many times people threw Batarangs as Batman- such a meaningless unimportant thing to keep a track record for- but my point is that If Klei actually had those hard numbers of Total Times X is crafted, total times Y is used: Then they would know what items players use most & least often.

I also don’t see how I can get warnings for being off-topic but posts like yours don’t seem to? But hey whatever it is what it is.

On Topic: I eagerly awaited the day that one of my favorite single player games would have Multiplayer, PC players & Playstation players got Multiplayer DST first-  & I feared it may have been a PlayStation exclusive due to how much longer it took to ever come to Xbox.

WHEN it finally arrived: I bought at least four copies of the game to play with my family and a friend of mine, Unfortunately I couldn’t ever get them Into the game.. and so NOW I log in the game with their Xbox profiles myself to claim any potential limited time skins that Klei may be giving out for simply logging in. With hopes that someday they’ll get the itch to want to play & will have a few cool limited time skins to use for whenever they finally do. 

Boat Related DST confessions that I have: Whenever the first Return of Them update came out & boats still ruthlessly smashed into edges of land till they smashed apart, I managed to get my boat stuck between two walls where it was bouncing back & forth like a ping-pong ball, In my panicked state: I tried jumping on the boat/off the boat/on the boat/ off the boat all while trying to paddle it out, but that last leap to get back onto the boat.. the animation for the boat breaking apart just did start as I was leaping back onto it, I went for a nice Swim to say the least.. and it was the Middle of Winter.

My experiences with the Boat have been exciting & full of tons of Failure- In fact the first time I ever crafted my first Hambat at all is when someone said that using Hambat on the evil Cookie Cutters was the best way to deal with them. Prior to this knowledge I was trying to kill them with basic Spears & wear Helmet armor.. lots of lost boats to these guys.

People also tend to get all Riled Up like Abigail when you build a boat mast on Dry land.. and I don’t know why, it’s MY World.. I’m the Host, it’s MY Supplies (I gathered by myself) if I want to build purely cosmetic street lamps using Boat Masts that should be my business right?

I once placed my Steering Wheel too close to the edge of the boat so my character couldn’t react with it to steer the boat & I had to hammer it down: Unaware that in doing so my boat would start leaking, I didn’t have anything to repair it with so I lost that boat to bad steering wheel placement.

While playing as WINONA I was trying to explore the Salty Dog Update and kept smashing my boat into Sea/Salt stacks- It was by having a boat full of leaking spots and a Thermal Stone I was trying to repair that I discovered by complete accident that Winona Duct Tape can be used to fix leaks. I played ALOT of Winona just for that reason alone until I got better with figuring out how to craft, use and fix boat cookies.

So to say the least: My adventures with boats and the various boat related craftable structures have been entertaining, thank you so much for the tears of laughter, and also tears of sadness that the 2019/2020 game update chain has brought me Klei.

Much love & respect <3 keep doing what you guys do- And I’ll keep enjoying the content updates you guys provide.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2