Gurgel

Hey, Klei people! Are you still alive?

OxCD    694
5 hours ago, spkthed said:

Including even the bug report forum.

The DLC can wait, but THIS, is the silence that keeps hurting a lot. And it has always been. 

I always liked, or loved, new content from updates, but I also always felt like existing content is neglected.

Some bugs are so important that I cannot understand how it does not come as priority.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

OxCD    694

Touching opinion but it doesn't really change my feeling.

Few bugs have already been solved by modders.

Then if they're planning to solve some into the DLC, an update progress on the bug would be welcomed ("known issue", "solved", etc..). And don't forget that not everyone will buy it. A DLC is optionnal. So, if someone doesn't want it, he will get stuck with bugs into the game he has bought already ? Not the best way to promote the DLC.

Finally, this content update they'll bring will come with its bunch of dedicated bugs, "normal" and not alarming, but it will also highly probably change some existing stuff/mechanics, bringing new bugs to existing ones for existing content.

I'm afraid of all of that. That's why I didn't criticize the "work", but the "priority".

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

SharraShimada    746

The content of the DLC may be optional, but basic changes can come to everyone. In fact they can add everything with a patch, but only if the "has bought the DLC" flag is set the additional content is unlocked.

Regarding the bugs in the forum, they used to flag bugs as "known issue". For the 10.000 reports similar to the already known ones they often do not. It just looks, they dont recognize, but they have all those issues on record already. Dont mix developers with the forum-mods.

pether    198

@JoeW, don't get us wrong, we do understand that it takes some time to prepare good content and we would rather have delayed good game than rushed bad one. We were just concerned with the silence on the topic. You need to understand we love your game and we are really hyped for the DLC - entering the forum every day just to check if there is some new info - even if that was estimated release date for late december... any info would be better than the uncertainity.

Thanks for the post, good to hear that everything is going according to plan and we can rest with info hunting for some time :)

• Like 2
  • Sanity 2