A bunch of questions.  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Have you domesticated a beefalo?

• No.
    • Yes, only 1 beefalo was domesticated
    • Yes, 2 or 3 beefalos were domesticated.
    • Yes, more than 4 beefalos were domesticated
    • Other (Please post so I can add a choice to the poll)
    • Partially ( To Rush FW/clear statues)
  2. 2. Would you make domestication never decay after fully domesticated?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes but you would need to take a bit of care of the beefalo every year.
    • ...every 2 years.
    • ...every 3 years.
    • Other (Please post so I can add a choice to the poll)
  3. 3. Do you hate upkeeping beefalos on late-game worlds? ONLY for late-game players

• Yes, I hate that.
    • No, I like upkeeping beefalos.
    • --- I am not a late-game player ---
  4. 4. Do you rush domestication? ( Regardless of rushing FW or just using beefalos)

__IvoCZE__    8373

Hello.

I have questions regarding domestication and if it is easy to upkeep on late-games ( 1000+ Days).

Personally I like domestication but the upkeep of beefalos is annoying for me when I spend a long time in caves, which leads to beefalos going feral.

If there are some choices that aren't in the poll, text me so I can add them in.

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Like 3

ADM    6226

Maybe the best to do go for is a Beefalo Ranching update MK2, don't change much of the current behaviour but add more tools for advanced maintain of the beefs, like refuelable Salt Lick, maybe Salt Lick with a smaller collision range so we don't have to make massive ranch to build just 10 of them. And why not a sort of Hay Turf / Wall to keep them half feed and consume it slower than Salt Licks, or ranch feeder & drinker. That would make Beefalo taming not only useful but aesthetically better.

Other than that I try to use my beef as much I can, more to fight boss than actual movement speed, the only issue I have is when you start having multiple of them as you're not the only player, It starts to be hard to maintain at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

__IvoCZE__    8373
12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

The polls lacks of choices. Its like or we support your idea or nothing

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

If there are some choices that aren't in the poll, text me so I can add them in.

What ideas do you have?

ArubaroBeefalo    4854
31 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

What ideas do you have?

"Other" works well if someone want to add a different idea. Thanks

For me, improving salt lick will make me happy

• Wavey 1

Cr4zyFl4mes    93
2 hours ago, Ohan said:

i wish a widget that displays HP, obedience and domestication was a baseline feature

this and the better salt lick made out of salt would be really great.

• Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    6165

"Have you domesticated a beefalo?

● partially domesticated (for the purpose of moving Marble Statues Heads)" - would be a fair option in your poll, OP.

__IvoCZE__    8373
2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

● partially domesticated (for the purpose of moving Marble Statues Heads)" 

Added that.

Thanks.

Bluepufferfish    219

Beefalo domestication is at a good place (coming from a veteran beefalo rusher) BUT it needs to be seen as more accessible to a general player. 

Sidenote: I've recently been rushing beefalo as Walter and it's worked really well. You can basically negate the damage sanity downside while also being able to have a beefalo in the caves (Woby). 

• Like 4

Lbphero    2601

I never understand people who want domestication to last forever with 0 upkeep. 1 singular salt lick lasts 15 days, for 16 nitre if you really wanted to, you could ignore your beefalo for 10 days short of a year without using any sleep exploits. 

I'd be more on board with letting people disconnect with a beefalo, even if it could lead to griefing 

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 3

__IvoCZE__    8373
On 9/14/2020 at 10:00 PM, Lbphero said:

I never understand people who want domestication to last forever with 0 upkeep. 1 singular salt lick lasts 15 days, for 16 nitre if you really wanted to, you could ignore your beefalo for 10 days short of a year without using any sleep exploits. 

I'd want domestication to last forever ( until beefalo is killed) with upkeep.

Such as refuelable saltlicks, feeding fodders that would both increase domestication and obedience ( Incase domestication still dropped somehow or in case of Orneries)

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Like 1

Pootis Bird    104

beefalo domestication is sorta unviable rn if u play multiplayer because who knows what will happen to your cow when you're offline? Even if you unload it theres still the risk of someone stumbling upon it. Maybe klei could let beefalo log out with u

ArubaroBeefalo    4854
2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I'd want domestication to last forever ( until beefalo is killed) with slight upkeep.

Such as refuelable saltlicks, feeding fodders that would both increase domestication and obedience ( Incase domestication still dropped somehow or in case of Orneries)

In this game nothing is free, if you want a cow you need to take care of it

• Like 1

Well-met    3853
2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

In this game nothing is free, if you want a cow you need to take care of it

walking cane says hi

• Haha 3

ArubaroBeefalo    4854
13 minutes ago, Well-met said:

walking cane says hi

25% drop rate from 1 mob in 1 season and can be destroyed if you upgrade it to lazy explorer and waste it if you dont use green staff

Having a beast that allows you to fight some bosses wasting only twigs and having more speed that walking cane shouldnt be easy to adquire

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

Well-met    3853

grasping at straws I see.

There is nothing unreasonable with requesting that the tame process cannot go backwards once it reaches 100%.

We don't want to get rid of domestication or obedience as mechanics. That isn't the demand.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 4

ArubaroBeefalo    4854
29 minutes ago, Well-met said:

grasping at straws I see.

There is nothing unreasonable with requesting that the tame process cannot go backwards once it reaches 100%.

We don't want to get rid of domestication or obedience as mechanics. That isn't the demand.

I want it too but some users seems to want it for free

• Like 1

E1234    69

I enjoy beefalo domestication a lot and most people definitely underrate how strong it is. My problem is that it really limits your gameplay experience, especially so if you rush a beefalo domestication. I sort of rushed an ornery beefalo domestication (finished day 35) as Wendy and once I was done the world felt boring. Everything died right away, your character themselves never takes health damage and you cant go into the caves. I dont think I went further than 60 days before deleting the world.

I don't know how hard this would be to code but if you could bring your beefalo down into the caves that'd be awesome.

Another thing that could bring more depth to beefalo taming is making the combat more in depth than hold f. Things like light attacks, heavy attacks with splash, blocking. Maybe for the ornery beefalo only. 

Adding more Tendencies (and saddles) would help too. This is getting a bit goofy maybe but if your beefalo spent more time in the caves than the overworld it could transform into a shadow beefalo with special abilities. Like a wortox soul hop every 60 seconds.

• Like 2