Sign in to follow this  
yankeegirlkate

Steam Startup: White screen flashes then goes away. Help!

Vanity    10

I have this same problem. Bought the game today, installed it and started it up. Just a flash of a white window popping up and then disappearing. I can run the GLCrash thing and I can run the demo in Chrome. I've tried reinstalling it, running it as administrator, And with a friend of mine, it loads up and gets a black screen. Is there a way I can get a code for the google chrome version instead, or something that'll fix this?

Lee    10
I have this same problem. Bought the game today, installed it and started it up. Just a flash of a white window popping up and then disappearing. I can run the GLCrash thing and I can run the demo in Chrome. I've tried reinstalling it, running it as administrator, And with a friend of mine, it loads up and gets a black screen. Is there a way I can get a code for the google chrome version instead, or something that'll fix this?

I'm having the same problem ..

And I love that this suggestion was accepted.

Give a key for the version of Chrome since the game is not working on Steam.

ElementZer0    10

Hopefully the patch in 2 days will be a step in the right direction in terms of fixing this issue as I am also having it yet I can still play the Chrome version perfectly. If not I hope Vanity's suggestion is taken into consideration for all the fans who aren't able to play even though they have purchased the game.

i bought this game on steam, but have also been having this problem.. though i was posting in the other steam isnt working thread...

this may be redundant i guess.

the glcrash test version DOES indeed work, but some things don't. for example: traps dont work. dunno why. but they dont produce the meat. and also i think one time i caught a bird in it somehow? it was almost entirely off screen but it wasnt baited so... idk, this also didnt produce meat.

i was wondering if since i purchased the steam game if i can play it on chrome? i havent even tried yet... but, yeah. do i need a key for that?