chirsg

Wigfrid mains and non mains, I want to know what you want from rework

Wigfrid mains and non mains, I want to know what you want from rework  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want other "Roles" or do you want more norse mythology

• I play Wigfrid more than other characters and I want roles
    • I play Wigfrid more than other characters and I want more norse mythological features
    • I don't play Wigfrid as much and want more roles
    • I don't play Wigfrid as much and want more norse mythology

BoySyrup    797
4 hours ago, DaZoul said:

She is an actress. Or was, anyway. Her abilities make it appear as like she is actually a viking now. I heard many about wanting other roles for her. Not only would this be lame, since we already have Woodie with the multi-role, but also incorrect when we look at her lore. I mean, just look at her. Look at her dang house, and you'll see that she is obsessed with vikings and the like. Not animal farming, or whatever some people want her role to be, but vikings. I just want a few new crafts, maybe buffs, as she is more of a support fighter, so a few buffs would be really cool. Also new seafaring crafts. Not only would these improve seafaring, but they would also make a lotta sense, since vikings a big on boats.

This! Im fine with new interesting perks as long as they follow her pre-established lore and personality.

• Like 3

Lumberlocke    1167

This is going to seem really small, but I would love more theatrics to be incorporated into her character, she's a performance artist, but that never really shows. Some new crafts, maybe some new battle equipment would be cool? Honestly, I'm hyped for whatever, I do play Wig from time to time, as she is really fun.

Her new (battle?) music sounds really good too. I'm pumped!

Edited by Lumberlocke
  • Like 3

Lumberlocke    1167
2 minutes ago, Deimos85 said:

I think Wigfrid she be ble to throw her spear, much like you could shoot spears from the spear gun

I like the sound of that, maybe even a separate throwing javelin? :wilson_curious:

• Like 3

A Random Furry    323
6 hours ago, Slagger said:

Am I the only person want Wigfrid's items should be special for her? Other players shouldnt be able to use her items, at least shouldnt able to use it efficiently.

I feel like Wigfrid is supposed to be the exact OPPOSITE of this, otherwise she'll just be another Wolfgang

(Also, how do you mess up wearing a helmet and poking things with a stick)

• Thanks 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

AlternateMew    616
3 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

I know mods can be a bit of a spotty subject for people, but @Toros' Wolfgang re-work mod does an excellent job of bringing in Wolfgang's "Strongman" theme to light while still letting him be effective in combat. 

If they both end up excellent combat choices while also both having good, distinct non-combat roles, that would be a great result. I'd like that.

• Like 1

Slagger    1103
5 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

In a team environment, that's what I currently love most about her. Her props are cool and whenever I see a Wigfrid player, it's usually cool helms and spears for all. Furthering on her crafting abilities would make it even cooler to play alongside her. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they went all in on her prop-making skills to make her crafting on par with the current best gear.

Not that I think that should be the only reason to play her. That would make her a 'craft and ditch' character, and that's not great.

I will disclaim that I'm normally playing with Wigfrid, not as her. But she's the main of the person I play with and I adore the potential of her current lore so it makes me excited to see her animation and rework. Only other one I think I'll be so excited for is Webber. No lie though I'm also nervous about Webber's since he's my main.

She could have same items and could able to share with others. But other players should use it with less eficiently like I said. For example, she could able to throw her spear or make some special movements like spin attack, dodge attack, critical attack etc. For helmet it's could give slow sanity gain while being aggro with a monster, having a chance to causing damage when get attacked etc. And for other characters which that use her items, it's should be a basic helmet and spear, not anything more. 
Also It's only thing I'm talking for her items, she should get interesting stuffs of course, those is not enough. I don't want same thing happened for Wendy.

• Like 1

SinancoTheBest    2301
1 hour ago, Slagger said:

She could have same items and could able to share with others. But other players should use it with less eficiently like I said. For example, she could able to throw her spear or make some special movements like spin attack, dodge attack, critical attack etc. For helmet it's could give slow sanity gain while being aggro with a monster, having a chance to causing damage when get attacked etc. And for other characters which that use her items, it's should be a basic helmet and spear, not anything more. 
Also It's only thing I'm talking for her items, she should get interesting stuffs of course, those is not enough. I don't want same thing happened for Wendy.

Heh, actually I can see myself enjoying it if they give her strait up her forge mechanics: Buffing Battlecry when focusing on a single target, a special stunning dash attack specific to her battle spear but only performable by her, an upgrade to her battle spear in Pseudoscience station that increases its damage by 10, buff its durability and change the special attack into her aerial drill attack in forge; and doing a fast paced drill attack when focusing on a single enemy for a while, again for wigfrid only... All could help solidify her role as a tank and encourage her to play together, as she'd still provide her teammates battle gears but only she could tap into their full potential while for others they'd only be stilghtely better, cheap fighting gear. 

Add in a body slot armor and a lunar recipe and voila, we got a good Wigfrid rework imo.

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

TheZFiles    3

Personally I think Klei should make Wigfrid even more of a team character because atm you join a public server and you ask the wig for battle helms and spears at the start, everyone stocks up on em and goes about their business. I think it would be really cool if Wigfrid did even more for a team than just those items and being good in combat.

• Like 3

Dr. Safety    3805

Non Wigfrid main here and for that reason, I'd like more team based perks. Maybe something like if she deals a certain amount of damage she could give a small 30 second buff to nearby allies. Also I'd like to see more weapon/armor crafts from her (assuming they find a way to fix the pick and swap character issue)

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    7666
2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Non Wigfrid main here and for that reason, I'd like more team based perks. Maybe something like if she deals a certain amount of damage she could give a small 30 second buff to nearby allies. Also I'd like to see more weapon/armor crafts from her (assuming they find a way to fix the pick and swap character issue)

Simple solution- Wigfrid Helms and Spears will be most effective when used by Wigfrid,  but there’s a catch- ALL Wigfrid helmets utilize the full potential of the Unicorn- Meaning that anything Wigfrid kills near another player wearing one of her Unicorn helms, will also share a small percentage of her Vampirism buff.

Basically turning into a much less effective Wortox... but only when other players are using her gear, And most importantly- Near an active Wigfrid player.

minespatch    78153
10 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Resplendent Nox HelmCan we have Resplendent Nox Helm as a Battle Helmet reskin in the Wigfrid rework, please and thank you ^^

Please don't give me hope. I want more Nox lore.577b34aec7272_arielcrashes.png.0805fabafa52b076ba1781e9ac6661db.png

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

A Random Furry    323
16 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Heh, actually I can see myself enjoying it if they give her strait up her forge mechanics: Buffing Battlecry when focusing on a single target, a special stunning dash attack specific to her battle spear but only performable by her, an upgrade to her battle spear in Pseudoscience station that increases its damage by 10, buff its durability and change the special attack into her aerial drill attack in forge; and doing a fast paced drill attack when focusing on a single enemy for a while, again for wigfrid only... All could help solidify her role as a tank and encourage her to play together, as she'd still provide her teammates battle gears but only she could tap into their full potential while for others they'd only be stilghtely better, cheap fighting gear. 

Add in a body slot armor and a lunar recipe and voila, we got a good Wigfrid rework imo.

This and a unicorn/pegasus for her to ride would be the PERFECT Wigfrid refresh

• Thanks 1

Squirrel12    552

Wigfrid has been my main ever since RoG, so I'm really excited and worried about this rework.

And to be honest, I have no idea how you would change her. I think she's perfect as she is, but I'm hoping that the devs will surprise me with something really cool. I just hope that they don't end up giving her random attributes/powers like Walter and don't make her feel like a mod character. 

Mike23Ua    7666
33 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

Wigfrid has been my main ever since RoG, so I'm really excited and worried about this rework.

And to be honest, I have no idea how you would change her. I think she's perfect as she is, but I'm hoping that the devs will surprise me with something really cool. I just hope that they don't end up giving her random attributes/powers like Walter and don't make her feel like a mod character. 

Speak only for yourself- Console players do not and probably will not ever have access to Mods. And therefore... what felt like a mishmash of random mods for PC Players was in actuality exciting new gameplay content for people who no offense, but had not been spoiled by mods.

I HATE mods, not because I can’t use them.. but because of how ungrateful people are with the content that a company puts out because they’re spoiled to mods.

To rest my case Firmly- The new Gotham Knights Batman game that was just revealed the other night is already under a negative spotlight from fans- Because people had already created a MOD in Batman Arkham Knight that let them already freeroam as Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Catwoman, & Harley Quinn.

Im not trying to start an argument with anyone here I’m just trying to show that what feels like a modded character to people who actually have access to Mods, will feel like completely brand new totally unique fresh new content to people who DONT Have access to Mods... And we get excited pretty much by whatever tiny bit of content Klei wants to throw our way.

I myself am personally looking forward to the Wigfrid Refresh- and as long as she feels more like every other reworked character so far-

As in... having her own unique Craftable items, brand new belongings skin set, Maybe a unique Craftable structure (like Sisturn or Wurts Merm Huts) And most importantly of ALL her craftables now requiring her to quest around the constant and gather materials she normally would have never needed.

To put it simply- when you play as Willow you will now often have Beefalo hair, Beardling hair, Silk & Hound Teeth/ Sewing Kits & Bernie Dolls, and Sanity Manipulating items taking up spots in your limited inventory space.

When you play Wendy- Mourning Glory, Ectoherbology Potions, Flower Petals, Ashes & Abigails Flower.

When you play as Wurt- Kelp, DIY Kit items, Pet Fish.

Woodie- Itchy Idols &/or ingredients for creating itchy idols, Lucy Axe, Food to Ward of starvation after unwanted transformations.

Wigfrid obviously needs to fall in line with the rest of them... I am just not certain how Klei will do it.

If all other reworks now carry around 3-4 additional items they didn’t normally lug around with them taking up inventory space- Expect Wigfrid to do the same..

Expect them ALL to do the same.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Shopcat 1

Blue Moth    3903

I am a Wigfrid main, and I would mostly like to see more combat abilities. I think the Forge got a lot of things right that i would like to see in main game, like Wigfrid's Battlecry which buffs the team, multithrusting the spear, and pyre poker. I would also like to see her spear become throwable, giving yet another ranged option.

A few acting-related abilities that would be cool are the ability to taunt mobs and draw aggro. Another idea I have might be a little too elaborate, but it would be the ability to play dead. she would do the death animation, causing mobs to lose aggro. then if she can manage to get up and hit the target again before it re-aggroes, she would deal double damage.

(also i am curious to see what they will do for her idle animation, i'm excited to see that.)

__IvoCZE__    8306
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

If all other reworks now carry around 3-4 additional items they didn’t normally lug around with them taking up inventory space- Expect Wigfrid to do the same.

Isn't that only problem of Wendy?

Winona uses her tape and basic resources ( normal players have those anyways)

Willow has Bernie and her lighter, Bernie was ALWAYS craftable with beardhair+beefalo wool and you still don't have a lot of dolls on you for no reason.

Walter has got his slingshot+ammo but he has 9+ slots in form of Woby.

Woodie doesn't lug around his totems.

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Like 1

pedregales    480

You (OP) probably have read at least 1 of my comments, so I will just quickly mention that yes, I am all for adding roles to Wigfrid, but at the same time this roles should be nord-mythos based (so, basically, I am in favor of both). A bit of an explanation if you are curious:

Spoiler

Her title is "the performance artist", so it makes sense to build up on that, otherwise the title is just a fancy decoration that tells you nothing about the character. This also adds the possibility to see who really is Wigfrid-Wigfrid and not just seeing Wigfrid-Wathgrithr (the valkyrie role she plays). I mean, that is if Wigfrid-Wigfrid even "exists" as she may be insane enough to not be herself anymore.

Another reason why I believe this is a nice route is to finally differentiate her from Wolfgang in a mildly "organic" way. Right now they are 2 sides of the same coin with minor differences in how you play them: with Wolfgang you have a combat character which you worry about food, with Wigfrid you have a combat character which you worry about meat (food). And the reason I think Wigfrid should be the one to "change" and not so much Wolfgang is in the title of both characters, were one is "the performance artist" (Wigfrid), and the other is "the strongman" (Wolfgang). But don't get me wrong: Wolfgang needs changes of his own, mostly fixing how broken his mighty form is.

Since Wigfrid seems to be so obsessed with Valkyries, it makes sense that she also has an obsession with nordic mythology, ergo all the roles she gets should be based on nordic mythology: light elves, dark elves, dwarves, etc. Anything of those, although I think she should only have 2 roles: melee combat + support, and healer + ranged combat.

• Her valkyrie role (the one I suggest to be melee fighter + support) should get a minor attack buff only when using her spear BUT she gets the battlecry from Forge, helping her and her teammates do even more damage. The battlecry will work with any weapon, not just her spear. Even more so, like in the Forge Wigfrid will be able to use special attacks when battlecry-boosted with certain weapons.
  • In her healer + ranged fighter role she has a health healing aura and she (as any role) can craft a special ranged weapon (posssibly a staff) that when being used by her in this role increases her healing aura's power.

In any case, all her roles should be combat focused. Even though I want her to differentiate from Wolfgang as a combat character, I don't want her to be a Woodie (jack of all trades) or to divert too much from her current role: combat.

In any case. I find it very weird Klei decided to go for a Wigfrid re-work considering she is the most used character, fairly popular (although also unpopular), and overall is considered a pretty "solid" character. I suppose they want to end the Wigfrid vs Wolfgang discussion, but we will only see that in the re-work. That is, if it is truly a Wigfrid re-work and not just a red-herring.

EDIT: found this and I had to respond, sorry:

Spoiler

On 8/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, chirsg said:

Easier to method act the framework of a shield-maiden than a superhero. I think an example using an actress who isn't known to use method acting for her superhero role is unfair to compare to wigfrid. It's better to use an example like Robert Deniro in taxi driver when he actually worked shifts as a taxi driver 

The example provided by the commenter was spot on. Wigfrid is basically portraying a superhero. I mean, Wonder Woman is an amazon warrior demi-god, and in the comic they even seem to be very similar to mythological valkyries (which are far more complex than simply "shield-maidens", they are much closer to godhood than a simple demi-god, and they even decided the fate of the warriors upon their death: which went to Valhalla, and which went to Hel).

Even then you could just say the Constant enhanced her abilities based on the role she is portraying.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, chirsg said:

[...] no one in the constant truly does what they do in the real world. Wickerbottom can't grow crops, summon lightning or make birds descend by reading a grimoire in any country on earth, woodie isn't harnessing the moon's power to transform into a goose or moose in canada, wolfgang isn't growing from 5'5 to 7 foot by eating 2 stockpot stews somewhere in europe and doubling his strength.

This is not true at all:

• It is more than heavily implied by Walter's short that Woodie's curse happens in the "real world". Woodie having control over it is another matter.
  • We also saw Abigail in Wendy's short, although they couldn't communicate.
  • Willow's short showed us that she has pyrokinetic powers (sure, she could have used her lighter, but for fire to spread that goddamn fast in the orphanage, and for her to be left untouched by the flames, she has to have some kind of pyrokinetic power herself).
  • Wickerbottom does magic in the Constant, said by Maxwell (when inspecting Birds of the World), who could do magic in the real world; so it is not impossible for her to be able to do that in the real world. Remember that Wickerbottom is loosely based on witches.
  • The Wolfgang one is the only one that we have absolutely no confirmation about, but I wouldn't throw it out the window yet, specially considering he is part of a circus, therefore a "freak".

What you could say though is that the Constant enhances this powers/abilities/whatever, but in DST canon they also exist in the real world.

Edited by pedregales

Mike23Ua    7666
24 minutes ago, pedregales said:

In any case. I find it very weird Klei decided to go for a Wigfrid re-work considering she is the most used character, fairly popular (although also unpopular), and overall is considered a pretty "solid" character. 

This particular line right here is why-

2C3C549A-5CCD-44D5-A035-11D1097F2909.thumb.jpeg.b2e4a5575bcb00bfbae0d86f7ba0094f.jpeg

Reworks haven’t been aimed at making characters more or less op, Or Wigfrid Vs Wolfgang, it’s all about making them more unique And totally fun to play as :) <3

Some of you guys may be new to the forums and might think I’m trying to troll with this image- So here is the official link to the (now Outdated) Post from Klei. Enjoy!

Klei has held accurate to this promise so far- with each rework adding new abilities or new gadgets, or new craftables etc... as well as making the characters skins available when the character gets reworked.

And I am super super excited to see what Wigfrid’s Belongings set will be. (Used to be a Wigfrid side main until I heard Klei was going to rework her) 

pedregales    480

@Mike23Ua I didn't mean why she was being re-worked at all, but rather why she was being re-worked before Webber, Wilson, or even Maxwell which seems to need it more. I did read some other comment saying that her re-work is likely to be simple since she is already set as a character, meaning that they will dedicate more time to other updates like Return of Them or something else. But thanks for the heads up!