Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

chirsg

Wigfrid mains and non mains, I want to know what you want from rework

Wigfrid mains and non mains, I want to know what you want from rework  

125 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want other "Roles" or do you want more norse mythology

    • I play Wigfrid more than other characters and I want roles
      8
    • I play Wigfrid more than other characters and I want more norse mythological features
      37
    • I don't play Wigfrid as much and want more roles
      22
    • I don't play Wigfrid as much and want more norse mythology
      58


Recommended Posts

chirsg    462

I like to say I've been seeing a habit of a lot of non wigfrid primary players having ideas for wigfrid playing other roles and wigfrid primary players wanting new crafts or norse mythology doubled down on.

But I can't say it because I don't have any data to go on or any speculation. By voting in the poll, what's your broad stroke vision for what you want for wigfrid corresponding with how much you play as her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    8537

Wigfrids in game compendium description clearly reads that she is not an actual REAL Viking Warrior, but Merely an Actress who portrayed being one so much that she lost her real identity within the role.

I played Wigfrid a lot, but there are a few things I don’t understand- 1: If she’s only an Actress portraying a role why can she visually see souls leaving the bodies of the things she kills? And 2- Why does it give her a Vampirism effect and restore health & sanity?

To put this into a sentence that anyone should be able to Understand- It would be like Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) played the role of being Wonder Woman so often that she thought she was an honest true to life meta-human capable of reflecting bullets off her bracelets.

And unless they decide to Change Wigfrids compendium and make her into an actual Viking and not just someone who pretended to be one so much they lost their true identity within the role... then A Wigfrid rework absolutely has to show traces of that- There has to be brief hints at whoever she was before becoming Wigfrid.

And many people myself included believe her true identity to be Winnie.

Someone who has the link to that can provide it here for you if you don’t know the story behind Winnie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5615
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wigfrids in game compendium description clearly reads that she is not an actual REAL Viking Warrior, but Merely an Actress who portrayed being one so much that she lost her real identity within the role.

I played Wigfrid a lot, but there are a few things I don’t understand- 1: If she’s only an Actress portraying a role why can she visually see souls leaving the bodies of the things she kills? And 2- Why does it give her a Vampirism effect and restore health & sanity?

To put this into a sentence that anyone should be able to Understand- It would be like Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) played the role of being Wonder Woman so often that she thought she was an honest true to life meta-human capable of reflecting bullets off her bracelets.

And unless they decide to Change Wigfrids compendium and make her into an actual Viking and not just someone who pretended to be one so much they lost their true identity within the role... then A Wigfrid rework absolutely has to show traces of that- There has to be brief hints at whoever she was before becoming Wigfrid.

And many people myself included believe her true identity to be Winnie.

Someone who has the link to that can provide it here for you if you don’t know the story behind Winnie.

I always thought that the delusion turned her into the viking she always wanted to be when she reached the constant. Pretty much the same how WX got to be sentient instead of a simple automaton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlternateMew    665

I like the actress part and would like to see it shine. That said, what I want most from her rework is something to end the Wolfgang vs Wigfrid debate.

Not just "X is better, end argument". Nope. I want Wolfgang to remain the combat champion while Wigfrid gets something that makes being second-best at combat not matter. I want her to have something unique and useful to bring to the table that isn't in direct competition with another character.

So give her a new role or double down on her current one. I'll be happy so long as she gets away from the direct "Who's better?" question.

Oh, and lore. I demand lore. But I demand lore from everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5615
33 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I like the actress part and would like to see it shine. That said, what I want most from her rework is something to end the Wolfgang vs Wigfrid debate.

Not just "X is better, end argument". Nope. I want Wolfgang to remain the combat champion while Wigfrid gets something that makes being second-best at combat not matter. I want her to have something unique and useful to bring to the table that isn't in direct competition with another character.

So give her a new role or double down on her current one. I'll be happy so long as she gets away from the direct "Who's better?" question.

Oh, and lore. I demand lore. But I demand lore from everyone.

 

IMO it's pretty simple... They have different roles: one is a Barbarian kinda archetype and the other is a tank. No point in comparing them cuz their mechanics are simply different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlternateMew    665
12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

IMO it's pretty simple... They have different roles: one is a Barbarian kinda archetype and the other is a tank. No point in comparing them cuz their mechanics are simply different. 

I don't run calculations on boss fights, but have seen people here and elsewhere making a case that Wolfgang is a better tank simply because he kills things faster and therefore takes less damage. If someone who does that wants to chime in, please do. They're both combat, but if the DPS is out-tanking the tank, that's kind of bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5615
2 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I don't run calculations on boss fights, but have seen people here and elsewhere making a case that Wolfgang is a better tank simply because he kills things faster and therefore takes less damage. If someone who does that wants to chime in, please do. They're both combat, but if the DPS is out-tanking the tank, that's kind of bleh.

The tank arquetype was never about the highest dmg but resisting blows and holding the line. That's why I've always found the discussion "Wolfgang vs Wigfrid who is best?" really silly. They have different sets of skills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cropo    195

I'm gonna shoot my arrow into the sky here and just ask an honest question....please don't take this as me complaining or anything but I just want to know if Wigfrid really....needs a rework? 

 

To me she's kinda set as a character, she's got a nice craftable helm, a decent craftable spear, a damage boost, built-in bat-bat capabilities, and a somewhat noticeable but beatable downside. 

 

Now I won't complain to ANY rework at all at this point, but....was she really necessary? I really hope they don't remove her damage boost and most importantly her heal-on-hit perk, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1bubbainpa    3056
3 minutes ago, cropo said:

I'm gonna shoot my arrow into the sky here and just ask an honest question....please don't take this as me complaining or anything but I just want to know if Wigfrid really....needs a rework? 

 

To me she's kinda set as a character, she's got a nice craftable helm, a decent craftable spear, a damage boost, built-in bat-bat capabilities, and a somewhat noticeable but beatable downside. 

 

Now I won't complain to ANY rework at all at this point, but....was she really necessary? I really hope they don't remove her damage boost and most importantly her heal-on-hit perk, 

Many people were complexed about wigfrid getting the rework over other characters, so you’re not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrezPara    557
55 minutes ago, cropo said:

I'm gonna shoot my arrow into the sky here and just ask an honest question....please don't take this as me complaining or anything but I just want to know if Wigfrid really....needs a rework? 

 

To me she's kinda set as a character, she's got a nice craftable helm, a decent craftable spear, a damage boost, built-in bat-bat capabilities, and a somewhat noticeable but beatable downside. 

 

Now I won't complain to ANY rework at all at this point, but....was she really necessary? I really hope they don't remove her damage boost and most importantly her heal-on-hit perk, 

Not sure who said this but I do remember someone saying that they chose Wigfrid to rework because she would take a lot less work since they only had to change/add minor things vs a character that needs a major rework like Webber. The extra time gained from choosing the easier rework is probably being spent on future updates to get them out faster or catch-up on work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    8537

Reworks bring new character belongings, new Craftable items/ structures, new Character Exclusive Gameplay- And it makes the characters previously unweaveable skins weaveable/purchasable

So in Short- Yes Wigfrid needed a Rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chirsg    462
6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

To put this into a sentence that anyone should be able to Understand- It would be like Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) played the role of being Wonder Woman so often that she thought she was an honest true to life meta-human capable of reflecting bullets off her bracelets.

 

Easier to method act the framework of a shield-maiden than a superhero. I think an example using an actress who isn't known to use method acting for her superhero role is unfair to compare to wigfrid. It's better to use an example like Robert Deniro in taxi driver when he actually worked shifts as a taxi driver 

I've said it before to you on the forums, no one in the constant truly does what they do in the real world. Wickerbottom can't grow crops, summon lightning or make birds descend by reading a grimoire in any country on earth, woodie isn't harnessing the moon's power to transform into a goose or moose in canada, wolfgang isn't growing from 5'5 to 7 foot by eating 2 stockpot stews somewhere in europe and doubling his strength.

Wigfrid the stage performer went into the constant as an actress and is now Wigfrid the shield-maiden/valkyrie.

 

 

3 hours ago, cropo said:

please don't take this as me complaining or anything but I just want to know if Wigfrid really....needs a rework? 

 

I don't think she "TRULY" does. But if klei takes the rework in the right direction, it might be better than before.
They have said that every character will get a rework and this time around, I was hoping it was Webber.
The upside to wigfrid getting a rework will hopefully be something to set her apart because as a designated fighter, she falls short to some of the other characters; Namely wolfgang in terms of raw power, woodie in crowd control, wendy in crowd control and the bee queen solo, lastly, In my opinion she is even inferior to willow when defending against hounds by herself.

 

 

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The tank arquetype was never about the highest dmg but resisting blows and holding the line. That's why I've always found the discussion "Wolfgang vs Wigfrid who is best?" really silly. They have different sets of skills. 

I think it can still be argued that wolfgang can be the better tank. The life replenish on hit and the reduced damage per hit taken are great to have for wigfrid, but I think that diet can make up for the shortcomings wolfgang has as a tank. 

Don't even get me started on damage in the context of planned fight. we all know who wins that.

Their skills to me aren't THAT different and there certainly is a discussion when it comes to what they do well.

But in my opinion where the roads diverge is how well each character survives in hostile situations mostly unrelated to fighting.
Wigfrid takes less damage from ALL sources of health draining effects including food, temperature hp drain and hunger hp drain. 

Where wigfrid beats wolfgang slightly is survivability when the world is trying to kill you.

But also, the ancient guardian speedrun, but that's so niche, it's not totally worth mentioning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaZoul    1945

She is an actress. Or was, anyway. Her abilities make it appear as like she is actually a viking now. I heard many about wanting other roles for her. Not only would this be lame, since we already have Woodie with the multi-role, but also incorrect when we look at her lore. I mean, just look at her. Look at her dang house, and you'll see that she is obsessed with vikings and the like. Not animal farming, or whatever some people want her role to be, but vikings. I just want a few new crafts, maybe buffs, as she is more of a support fighter, so a few buffs would be really cool. Also new seafaring crafts. Not only would these improve seafaring, but they would also make a lotta sense, since vikings a big on boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5615
1 hour ago, chirsg said:

I think it can still be argued that wolfgang can be the better tank. The life replenish on hit and the reduced damage per hit taken are great to have for wigfrid, but I think that diet can make up for the shortcomings wolfgang has as a tank. 


Don't even get me started on damage in the context of planned fight. we all know who wins that.

Their skills to me aren't THAT different and there certainly is a discussion when it comes to what they do well.

But in my opinion where the roads diverge is how well each character survives in hostile situations mostly unrelated to fighting.
Wigfrid takes less damage from ALL sources of health draining effects including food, temperature hp drain and hunger hp drain. 

Where wigfrid beats wolfgang slightly is survivability when the world is trying to kill you.

But also, the ancient guardian speedrun, but that's so niche, it's not totally worth mentioning

Again you are pretty much stating exactly my point... ofc all heavy dmg dealers will avoid dmg cuz they finish the fight first BUT Wigfrid is clearly much more suited to RESIST and ABSORB dmg. Counting into negatives of all "posible" dmg you can avoid doesn't make you a tank... makes you an effective dmg dealer....  dunno maybe my RPG background has made this a bit clear cuz they don't work the same IMO.

Also pretty much every character can speedrun the Guardian at this point. It's all about tactics. This doesn't really count into the "tank" role by any means.

5 hours ago, cropo said:

I'm gonna shoot my arrow into the sky here and just ask an honest question....please don't take this as me complaining or anything but I just want to know if Wigfrid really....needs a rework?

I think we are all asking ourselves that same question.... I didn't think Klei would rework first the character that pretty much needs nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cropo    195

Definitely agree that Wigfrid is the best tank in the game. She has natural vampirism and natural damage reduction which is why I like her a lot more than Wolfgang. Plus I just don't like Wolfgangs looks, I really hope they keep her vampirism effects because that's my favorite thing about her....to the point you could remove all the other things she has(I would be sad to see the damage mod go though) and I'd still like playing her for that convenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheggf    1492

I want a reason to play her other than her voice, sprite, and quotes. Unlike Warly who has very fun and interactive perks, Wigfrid's perks are essentially "Combat is shorter. Can't eat a few food items", which is pretty boring. Even if you want a combat character Wendy and Wolfgang are just a lot better in a lot more ways and they both have less harsh downsides, with one of them essentially having no downsides.

In the Forge I believe she buffed teammates, that could be interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slagger    1513

Am I the only person want Wigfrid's items should be special for her? Other players shouldnt be able to use her items, at least shouldnt able to use it efficiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlternateMew    665
1 hour ago, Slagger said:

Am I the only person want Wigfrid's items should be special for her? Other players shouldnt be able to use her items, at least shouldnt able to use it efficiently.

In a team environment, that's what I currently love most about her. Her props are cool and whenever I see a Wigfrid player, it's usually cool helms and spears for all. Furthering on her crafting abilities would make it even cooler to play alongside her. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they went all in on her prop-making skills to make her crafting on par with the current best gear.

Not that I think that should be the only reason to play her. That would make her a 'craft and ditch' character, and that's not great.

I will disclaim that I'm normally playing with Wigfrid, not as her. But she's the main of the person I play with and I adore the potential of her current lore so it makes me excited to see her animation and rework. Only other one I think I'll be so excited for is Webber. No lie though I'm also nervous about Webber's since he's my main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites