Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

[Experimental] - 428706

Snortlepig    45
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

GAMEPLAY

• streamlined the pet return flow: When a pet flees, we spawn a specific story quest about them returning. it stays dormant for a random amount of time, and then fires a travel event. Removed the pet rescue oppo (because you just get the return guaranteed now

I really love that. Especially for Prestige 6. I've found since the perks have been added that pets haven't really scaled well. I lost 6 in a single run (with 2 pet perk + training perk) :-( which had never happened before. If you have two pets and you lose one I wonder if it will still trigger.

• Like 1

minespatch    81728
2 hours ago, Kevin said:

streamlined the pet return flow: When a pet flees, we spawn a specific story quest about them returning. it stays dormant for a random amount of time, and then fires a travel event. Removed the pet rescue oppo (because you just get the return guaranteed now

101698750_Skeledorkyesexcitement.thumb.png.1f1db3bf8148f876617f8890f6b451bf.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ZeppMan217    346
17 hours ago, Kevin said:

Add a new concept of time to the game: Action count is a number that goes up whenever a quest changes state or you fight/negotiate in a new location or time. It's meant to track the player doing things in a way that can't be gamed by walking back and forth a lot. We can use it to make quests happen "later".

Does this change the way random encounters work, in that you could get one by moving between locations a couple of times without progressing active quests?

Kevin    3720
5 hours ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Does this change the way random encounters work, in that you could get one by moving between locations a couple of times without progressing active quests?

It's meant to. I'm sure there are still ways to exploit it, but at least it's not trivial any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RageLeague    1366

Speaking of mods, that reminds me. Is it possible to edit the save/load plax function so that plax can save and load from the save folders if the game files are zipped? I'm currently working on making custom plaxes(that's the plural, right?), and it looks way too hard for me to change the plax load and save mechanisms.

Edited by RageLeague